Page 122 of 865 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222622 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 12974
    The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

So I finally managed to track down this:

It's the 2nd printing, but I don't care, i finally have a copy of it and I didn't have to sell my organs to do so.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Nice, I plan on picking up both volumes sometime soon. Have you read this before? I have no experience with the series and would love to hear some opinions.

Damn, didn't even know the second printing dropped already. I'll have to scoop it and the volume 2 up soon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    So I finally managed to track down this:

It's the 2nd printing, but I don't care, i finally have a copy of it and I didn't have to sell my organs to do so.
    Can you post some interior pics? I would also like some opinions on the story from you guys, never even heard of it before. But I did a quick google search, and is there going to be a third and final Celestial Edition for this series? These books collect 1-24, but there's 36 issues altogether!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Me to! Shadowman is up next. I would assume we'll get a Quantum and Woody Deluxe next, or a unity one perhaps? I think it's also a given we'll get Rai in an oversized format. That art!
    too bad Shadowman is months away. Is that the last one that's been solicited?

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

I'll add some pictures in a moment for those asking. As for the story, I've not read it, well I'm sure I read some of it when it originally began but I don't remember it. I'm hopeful there will be a third edition, the series only finished a year ago, and I doubt they'd reprint number 1 if they weren't planning the third one.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Damn, didn't even know the second printing dropped already. I'll have to scoop it and the volume 2 up soon.
    I just found it when browsing Amazon randomly, it's already out of stock on the UK site.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    I'll add some pictures in a moment for those asking. As for the story, I've not read it, well I'm sure I read some of it when it originally began but I don't remember it. I'm hopeful there will be a third edition, the series only finished a year ago, and I doubt they'd reprint number 1 if they weren't planning the third one.

I just found it when browsing Amazon randomly, it's already out of stock on the UK site.
    It's still in stock on Amazon. I found a decent copy of it about 6 months ago. I had read the first handful of issues and loved it. My feelings changed when I read the whole book. I was expecting more of a cosmic story and it ended up being not that. I have volume 2 and will eventually get to it.

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Scarlet Blades looks awesome (and still in stock); Doom Patrol is a freaking mousetrap... hope it loosens up.

Speaking of rodents, those rat bastards at BD have cancelled my £56 Steranko Nick Fury AE order! Anyone else have better luck?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post

Scarlet Blades looks awesome (and still in stock); Doom Patrol is a freaking mousetrap... hope it loosens up.

Speaking of rodents, those rat bastards at BD have cancelled my £56 Steranko Nick Fury AE order! Anyone else have better luck?
    Damn, that is NOT what I wanted to hear about Doom Patrol Omnibus.

Can you post some pics of Scarlet Blades? Sounds intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post

Can you post some pics of Scarlet Blades? Sounds intriguing.
    I'm sure it'll flex a bit over time, but my first impression was "Seriously DC... again?!". Unfortunately, the first warning sign was 'Printed in the USA'.

Here you go, apologies for the camera flash:

There are also some sample pages here: http://www.humanoids.com/album/463

Those Scarlet Blades pictures are outstanding! Quit making me want to spend money!!

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

It's really not that bad; it's on par with all their other larger omnibuses (Infinite Crisis, Invisibles, Death and Return of Superman) so while the first and last 100 or so pages won't stay open on their own, it's fine after that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    I'm sure it'll flex a bit over time, but my first impression was "Seriously DC... again?!". Unfortunately, the first warning sign was 'Printed in the USA'.

Here you go, apologies for the camera flash:

There are also some sample pages here: http://www.humanoids.com/album/463
    Man, that looks awesome, you sold me on it.

Man, that looks awesome, you sold me on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Those Scarlet Blades pictures are outstanding! Quit making me want to spend money!!
    Nice, you won't regret it. Sorry Dorktron, it really is one stunning book! There are still some copies out there for less than cover price. I've already posted a link to Forbidden Planet (that's the best UK price I could find), and just found it on CGN for $37.50.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    It's really not that bad; it's on par with all their other larger omnibuses (Infinite Crisis, Invisibles, Death and Return of Superman) so while the first and last 100 or so pages won't stay open on their own, it's fine after that.
    I didn't pay anywhere near cover price, but I think customers deserve better than "not that bad" for a $150 book. DC pretty much nailed it with the Sandman Omni vol.1, but quality seems to be slipping again. It's not just the mousetrap/laying flat issue, but the long-term durability of the book. I'm genuinely worried my Invisibles Omni is going to fall apart the next time I read it.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Are Moebius books just unbelievably expensive? Is there any U.S. publisher putting out his books? I can't believe 200 bucks is my only option.