Page 146 of 865 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 12974
    Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Yeah Woodwork has been in my save for later for a while too. I want it and im sure it is amazing and I can even can can I do t own it yet. I guess I keep waiting to see it for some magical sale price that has never occurred yet. Ive seen those Toth books, and they look fascinating, but Wood is the fucking man, imo so Genius Illustrated is further down the 'to buy' line.

All the Showa books and Onward Towards are warming the bench of my save for later section as well.
    Right, I'm going to order Woodwork at the end of the month - seriously! If you're going to get one of the Toth art books, grab Genius Illustrated, but all three are brilliant. Genius Animated is surprisingly great, although part of the fun is spotting all the art that isn't by Alex Toth (there are ton of character sheets that are clearly by different artists).

Also, where did you order the Blazing Combat HC? I could only find it for 3x the price of the SC, so didn't think it was worth it.

More Mizuki:

Incredible Member

Latest:

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    Right, I'm going to order Woodwork at the end of the month - seriously! If you're going to get one of the Toth art books, grab Genius Illustrated, but all three are brilliant. Genius Animated is surprisingly great, although part of the fun is spotting all the art that isn't by Alex Toth (there are ton of character sheets that are clearly by different artists).

Also, where did you order the Blazing Combat HC? I could only find it for 3x the price of the SC, so didn't think it was worth it.

More Mizuki:
    I got the Blazing Combat HC on the amazon.com marketplace. I think ill order Woodwork this month too. As long as i dont manage to talk myself into getting the Zap Comix Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Woho, been waiting for this, have 2 TPB's, was planning to get whole run when I found out there's gonna be Absolute.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Absolute-Tra...politan+Vol.+1
    Spider Jerusalem, expensive, but not as expensive as your absolute!

But wow, i don't read dc thread regularly so this is a nice surprise to me, but if that means we won't get deluxes ever, i will be really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    It's like standard IDW's Artist's Editions - big size, high-res scans from Gibbon's original b/w art, covers, sketches, etc. There are only about 150 pages here, but I love this book! It looks really beauty,
    Any chance you could post some interior shots please? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Any chance you could post some interior shots please? Thanks.
    I will upload interior shots of this beauty this week end on my blog, the art is very clean, meaning there are almost no traces of pencils. Someone who has 2 original pages from watchmen (sadly not included on this book although they were not hard to find in my opinion) has said on a French comics Forum that it was how Gibbons delivered his inked pages. His original pages are visible here: http://www.2dgalleries.com/galleries...-watchmen-2855, and it is a good example of what you can find inside the Artifact edition for the main content.

Here's my first haul from cheap-comics. You were right, packaging can survive nuke. I've been given Dark Tower for free. Road to Perdition is from Amazon, has cost me 1 pp. Couldn't find it in HC, I'd like to see movie, but original story always comes first, at least that's what i do.

I should probably post my haul of this week in the eurocomics thread, since well they're all European titles. Robert Moses will get a translation to English soon by publisher Nobrow. The artwork there is amazing and one for the fans of Darwyn Cooke!!

Latest haul;

image.jpg

Jennifer Blood Omni is a custom bind. Pretty happy with it

Wow, that bottom right album looks like exactly my kind of comic. What is it?

Wow, that bottom right album looks like exactly my kind of comic. What is it?
    This is the complete edition of the first cycle (in Dutch). It was published in English way back by NBM as 4 separate softcovers titles "Roxanna and the Quest for the Time Bird".
    1. Roxanna and the Quest for the Time Bird
    2. The Temple of Oblivion
    3. The Riege Master
    4. Egg of Darkness

The series is created by Le Tendre (story) and Régis Loisel (art). Loisel also created Peter Pan that is translated to English by Soaring Penguin Press. Amazing stuff really, so see if you can still find those NBM softcovers for Roxanna, though on amazon marketplace they are priced quite high.

Rings a bell, think it was published in Poland or even still being published. Let me check in google if I can find HC.....

EDIT:

Nope, can't find it.

Guys, I'm a sucker for post-apocalypse setting, Mad Max 2 is one of my favourite movies, Fallout 3 is my favourite game - well, maybe first Deus Ex is - and I wonder is that comic any good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wasteland-Ap...astlands+comic

How would you describe/recommend it to me?

What's the difference between this edition

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sixth-Gu...nslinger+Ed+HC

and one available as pre-order on IST?
    Last edited by lvizzz; 09-04-2014 at 08:36 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Rings a bell, think it was published in Poland or even still being published. Let me check in google if I can find HC.....

EDIT:

Nope, can't find it.

Guys, I'm a sucker for post-apocalypse setting, Mad Max 2 is one of my favourite movies, Fallout 3 is my favourite game - well, maybe first Deus Ex is - and I wonder is that comic any good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wasteland-Ap...astlands+comic

How would you describe/recommend it to me?
    I asked about it some time ago and I only got good reviews. It's black and white (with shades of grey), the hc's are nice cloth-bound red OHC with good paper and binding and the stories are award winning. It's usually among the best of Oni Press in rankings and such, usually only surpassed by Sixth Gun (also check that out, it's very, very good) and work by Rucka for Oni. I'm planning on buying them for a while but haven't got around to it. Definitely recommend it
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I should probably post my haul of this week in the eurocomics thread, since well they're all European titles. Robert Moses will get a translation to English soon by publisher Nobrow. The artwork there is amazing and one for the fans of Darwyn Cooke!!

That Robert Moses book looks wonderful! I hadn't heard of it, but according to Amazon, it will be coming out in the US in Nov.
    Last edited by DiscoveryReader; 09-04-2014 at 11:04 AM.