Page 32 of 865 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132532 ... LastLast

And here's my purchases for this week. I went all out as you can see... I was able to get my hands on more Andreas work. Cromwell Stone has been translated before in English by Marvel if I'm not mistaken. Felt really lucky I got this as it's been long out of print... Big Mother is more of an art book, but an awesome one published by Nobrow, just like that leporello Worse Things Happen At Sea. You should take a look at the video of the book on Nobrow's blog. And Kellie Strøm signed my copy! Big Questions is even bigger than I expected. And I didn;t expect to receive The Cigar That Fell In Love With A Pipe already.

The pile:

The EU stuff (in Dutch):

The english books:

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Anyone else anticipating that Witzend collection coming from Fantagraphics? Anyone read any of it in any other form?
    Yes i am, per-ordered on amazon and cant wait, it was a compilation of short stories, drawings, paintings and various other stuff from all respected artists from that era, curated by Wallace Wood
    Something like an fanzine without editorial and commercial constraints, i've seen some scans and really liked it.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Sorry Mods, is the place for Image discussion?

Just spotted a listing for a Saga Deluxe Edition on Amazon.co.uk collecting the first 18/24 issues, but a quick Google doesn't bring anything up. It would make sense that it would collect the first 24 issues, as by its December 3rd release date that many would have been published (I think). Mentions also a page count of 504. Would that be right?

Here's a link for those interested.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saga-Deluxe-...deluxe+edition

And description:

"At long last, a deluxe hardcover of the Hugo Award-winning Saga is finally on its way! Collecting the first 18 issues of the smash-hit series, this massive edition features a striking new cover, as well as special extras, including never-before-seen sketches, script pages, and a roundtable discussion with the creators about how Saga is really made. Altogether, this hardcover contains over 500 pages for less than fifty bucks! Written by Eisner Award-winning "Best Writer" Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man, The Private Eye) and drawn by Harvey Award-winning "Best Artist" Fiona Staples (Mystery Society, North 40) Saga is the story of Hazel, a child born to star-crossed parents from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war. Now, Hazel's fugitive family must risk everything to find a peaceful future in a harsh universe that values destruction over creation. Collects the first three trade paperbacks of Saga (issues #1-24)."

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    And here's my purchases for this week. I went all out as you can see... I was able to get my hands on more Andreas work. Cromwell Stone has been translated before in English by Marvel if I'm not mistaken.
    Dark Horse published a translation of book 1 way back in the early nineties, but the other two parts have never been translated as far as I know...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Since that FBI collection is going for ridiculous prices I'll happily wait and see what Dark Horse will bring us. If they say volume 1, would that be the same as the stories released by Fantagraphics?
    Dark Horse does not own the rights to the Fantagraphics UY stories, so this is essentially volume one of "their stuff", after the Fanta stories collected in the Fanta collection. So there's no overlap between the two collections.

My books for this week:

5 S&N Moebius hardcovers, that were still available at Graphitti Designs for some reason. Books 4 & 5 got stuck together in storage so the dustcovers are damaged but the books themselves are new.
    Graphitti also still have number 7 in stock which contain a few of Moebius' Sci Fi stories (Horney Goof, Moebius 1/2 & The Goddess). I'm mystified why these are still in stock but I'm not complaining

Some late 60's early 70's French Losfeld / Kesselring books. I've been slowly accumulating this kind of stuff ever since I got Guy Peellaert's "Pravda". I love these Pop-art comics

sorry about the double reply, couldn't post when both images were in the same post for some reason...

Fantastic Member

Man I get so jealous when I see people with Blueberry. Hope it eventually gets a good release here in the States.

Anyone heard anything about a third and final Godland Celestial Edition? I know they are reissuing the first two, but has anything been said or hinted at?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Man I get so jealous when I see people with Blueberry. Hope it eventually gets a good release here in the States.
    Those actually are the American editions from the early 90's, you can still get them over here for cover price(!). They don't collect the entire Blueberry series (they're missing the first 6 and the stories that were published post marvel/Epic which amount to another 6 albums) but the best stories are all there.
    Last edited by aaltomuoto; 05-09-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Are the Locke and Key HCs oversize? Is there a collection on the horizon or is the series too fresh? I've been wanting to jump in for a bit now.

All-New Member

Default The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys Limited Edition

It's the same height and width as the Dark Horse Fear Agent Library Editions and comes in a nice slip cover, the pages are about the same thickness as Fear Agent and the whole book is up to the usual Dark Horse standard, so very nice!

All-New Member

Some random internal pages.

There is plenty of supplementary material at the back of the book.

All-New Member

Nice sewn binding!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Are the Locke and Key HCs oversize? Is there a collection on the horizon or is the series too fresh? I've been wanting to jump in for a bit now.
    The current set of hardcovers are just regular size, although there is a Lock and Key Welcome to Lovecraft Special Edition that is huge, I think it's even bigger than the DC absolute editions. There is also an IDW Artist's Edition portfolio featuring 12 pages of scans from the original artwork that is out this week.

Not sure about an omnibus on the horizon, but it's a brilliant series and well worth checking out!
    Last edited by frogger; 05-09-2014 at 03:04 PM.

It's a bit frustrating that there is only two options for these Gerard Way books (Umbrella Academy and Killjoys): a simple tpb or an expensive limited ed. hc.
    It would be nice if they would release regular hc-s or the oversized stuff wouldn't be limited (and would cost a little less).