Page 236 of 865 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336736 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Damn. Wish I could find a deal on the Cap and FF omnis. But I'm not gonna spend 80€ (about $100) on either of those.

Speaking of recent hauls, here's mine:

Yes, I've never read Tintin before (didn't use to like ligne claire). But I've really enjoyed what I've read of those books above so far.
    So Tintin is named Tim in German? That is...weird. Not as weird as Dutch though.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    So Tintin is named Tim in German? That is...weird. Not as weird as Dutch though.
    It's hurts my Dutch pride to say it but I have to agree it's a weird-ass name
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It's hurts my Dutch pride to say it but I have to agree it's a weird-ass name
    Well to be perfectly honest Tintin is just as weird, and doesn't hurt my Brussels pride to admit it!

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    Yeah, it's Tim, and the series is called "Tim and Struppi", with Struppi being the name of his dog
    So what's the Dutch name then?

Yeah, it's Tim, and the series is called "Tim and Struppi", with Struppi being the name of his dog
    So what's the Dutch name then?
    Kuifje (cause of his hairstyle - tuft)

Fantastic Member

i need some opinion on Nick Spencer's Morning Glories series and the way to collect it, that is, i'm trying to figure out if it's any good at all, and if it is, to choose between deluxe editions (25-something bucks each) or the newly released compendium that collects the same issues as the three available deluxes at 40 bucks.
    i only read Spencer's Infinite Vacation and quite liked it.

Spectacular Member

Damn. Wish I could find a deal on the Cap and FF omnis. But I'm not gonna spend 80€ (about $100) on either of those.

Speaking of recent hauls, here's mine:

Yes, I've never read Tintin before (didn't use to like ligne claire). But I've really enjoyed what I've read of those books above so far.
    Tim im Kongo and Tim in Amerika are the weakest of them all. It's clearly written for children, very unintelligent writing and it stands out, as they were the earliest works of Hergé. The double features (7 Kristallkugeln + follow up and Einhorn + follow up, Reiseziel Mond + follow up etc.) are way better. The storytelling is more mature, there are more detective stories involved and the overall concept is more complex. Piccaros is also great as well as Tim in Tibet and Der Blaue Lotos. Great memories come to mind. I first read some of the stories in Fix und Foxy at that time and wanted to know more about Tintin. This was the start of collecting comics for me.
    Good choice on the books, in the end every Hergé book is great. Btw, there was a very cool collection from Carlsen, collecting all of Hergés work in a "Werkausgabe" (http://www.amazon.de/Werkausgabe-Com...pe%3A616967011), also collecting Stups und Steppke and other stories in nice sewn HCs. I have the ones with the blue DJ, there is also a special one with red cloth HC, costing even more.
    Last edited by Suriel; 12-15-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i need some opinion on Nick Spencer's Morning Glories series and the way to collect it, that is, i'm trying to figure out if it's any good at all, and if it is, to choose between deluxe editions (25-something bucks each) or the newly released compendium that collects the same issues as the three available deluxes at 40 bucks.
    Its one of my favourite series currently running. Many have a problem with its long form mystery in that many questions keep being raised and very few answers given. Spencers commented that he has everything planned out and that everything will be resolved, but it remains to be seen. For this reason many seen to trade wait it and i imagine itll read better in chunks.
    But yeah, its good. Very compelling mystery series and top knotch characterisation. If youve seen Lost and were a fan youd probably dig it.

As for which collection to get, thats really a judgment call. My personal preference is the HCs as theyre less cumbersome to hold and you get oversized art. But the compendium is obviously more bang for your buck. Though youll be waiting longer for the next collection.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Its one of my favourite series currently running. Many have a problem with its long form mystery in that many questions keep being raised and very few answers given. Spencers commented that he has everything planned out and that everything will be resolved, but it remains to be seen. For this reason many seen to trade wait it and i imagine itll read better in chunks.
    But yeah, its good. Very compelling mystery series and top knotch characterisation. If youve seen Lost and were a fan youd probably dig it.

As for which collection to get, thats really a judgment call. My personal preference is the HCs as theyre less cumbersome to hold and you get oversized art. But the compendium is obviously more bang for your buck. Though youll be waiting longer for the next collection.
    I totally agree. You will love it of you like mystery And I would also go for the OHC instead of the compendium.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ru1880 View Post
    I totally agree. You will love it of you like mystery And I would also go for the OHC instead of the compendium.
    i do like me some good mystery, as long as the creators know indeed where they're going with it and if the characters are well written. i think i'll go with the OHC, even though it will be more expensive. the idea of a thousand page paperback compendium scares me a bit (especially it being new and there being no comment on its quality) and i will have to wait a lot longer for the next one. thanks a lot guys!

If you liked Lost, you'll definitely like Morning Glories. I have the first Deluxe Edition and it's very well done, don't regret to have bought it even after the Compendium was announced.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    If you liked Lost, you'll definitely like Morning Glories. I have the first Deluxe Edition and it's very well done, don't regret to have bought it even after the Compendium was announced.
    are you getting the compendium or continuing with the OHCs?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    CGN has it down as cancelled
    http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/pe...vol-02-hc.html

This is all very similar to vol. 2 of Fear Agent. it would get bumped up a week at a time and then eventually got cancelled. A month or two later resolicited.
    I hear what you're saying, but Fear Agent was already finished for some time and is published by Dark Horse. Peter Panzerfaust is Image and wasn't finished when the second OHC was announced. So not very similar I'd say. Still hope for that resolicitation.

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    Where did you read that? I remember Wiebe saying he had #25 issues planned a couple of years ago, but I'm sure I remember reading since then that sales were good enough to continue it further.
    Got it off his twitter. And I think the solicitation for issue #24 states it's the penultimate issue of the series.

Basically what the other guys said. If you love a good mystery you need to read this!

are you getting the compendium or continuing with the OHCs?
    I'll stay with the OHCs. Price is usually a crucial factor for me (that's way I don't buy Absolutes), but I've read some softcover "omnibuses" before and they don't get handle well. Plus, they don't come with extras.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Basically what the other guys said. If you love a good mystery you need to read this!
    thanks, Martin. it's almost decided

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I'll stay with the OHCs. Price is usually a crucial factor for me (that's way I don't buy Absolutes), but I've read some softcover "omnibuses" before and they don't get handle well. Plus, they don't come with extras.
    the only thing of this size and format (1000+ pgs thick paperback) i have is Strangers in Paradise omni, which i couldn't get in any other form, and i am very careful with those, so yeah, OHCs seem like the reasonable choice.
    i'm with you on absolutes. i'm dying to have at least one, just to know what it's like, but i can't really afford them. i ordered Absolute Top 10 with 30% coupon from B&N, though, but it still wouldn't ship.