Page 237 of 865 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337737 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I can't seem to find it anywhere by search, but can someone post pics of the Casanova Complete Edition Volume 1? I thought I saw it in one of the hauls but I can't seem to find it anymore..4 issues in a deluxe format doesn't excite me.. But I've heard good things, but I don't want to be wasting my money. Is each issue longer then normal? If so, I guess that's okay, but it's hard to justify spending money on only 4 issues.
    Haven't read it yet, but the book looks awesome! Before Icon published it as 4 issues, Image actually published this as 7 issues. First issue contained 28 story pages, issue 2 till 7 had 16 story pages and then there 8 extra story pages. All in all 132 story pages. Then there's all the letter pages from both the Image and Icon single issues, 6 more pages about the process of Csanova coming together like color, covers and lettering, and furthermore a cover gallery, and a couple of pages with sketches. It's $30 well spent!

Here are some pics...

Last edited by MartinNL; 12-15-2014 at 02:50 PM.

And three more...

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    Can you post more pictures of Pride of Baghdad? Is it rich on extras or is it just oversized version of regular edition?
    I'll post some pics in the DC thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    thanks, Martin. it's almost decided

the only thing of this size and format (1000+ pgs thick paperback) i have is Strangers in Paradise omni, which i couldn't get in any other form, and i am very careful with those, so yeah, OHCs seem like the reasonable choice.
    i'm with you on absolutes. i'm dying to have at least one, just to know what it's like, but i can't really afford them. i ordered Absolute Top 10 with 30% coupon from B&N, though, but it still wouldn't ship.
    I've got the Absolute Watchmen as a gift and I have to say it looks very nice, but for the page count, I wouldn't buy it by myself.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I've got the Absolute Watchmen as a gift and I have to say it looks very nice, but for the page count, I wouldn't buy it by myself.
    ditto. i'm quite happy with my deluxe edition.
    ah, i wish people gave me comic books for birthdays and such.

Fantastic Member

Guess how many HCs in the Image march solicitations! That's right: only one. Again...

NIXON'S PALS HC
    STORY: JOE CASEY
    ART / COVER: CHRIS BURNHAM
    MARCH 18 / 120 PAGES / FC / M / $19.99
    ALL-NEW HARDCOVER EDITION IN FULL COLOR!
    What's worse than being a super-villain in Los Angeles County? Being their parole officer, of course! This is your chance to enjoy this crime neo-classic in new, glorious color! Loaded with extra features! From the OFFICER DOWNE team of JOE CASEY (SEX, THE BOUNCE) and CHRIS BURNHAM (NAMELESS, Batman Inc.).
    AN ORIGINAL, SUPER-POWERED CRIME NOVEL! IT'S ELMORE LEONARD MEETS JACK KIRBY!

Fantastic Member

Double post

As some of you may noticed, Arkrwright Integral is out.

And it's great.

Here's me (and my dad ) unwrapping this unholy beast.

Integral, as the name implies, consists of original series The Adventures of Luther Arkwright and it's sequel Heart of Empire.
    Bryan Talbot did both writing and art on these two series, but stylistically they look like two different comics. TBH I haven't read the sequel yet, so this'll be fun weekend for me.

Hardcover itself is neatly done, with sewn binding and flat spine. Format is virtually identical to Bryan Talbot's Alice in Sunderland.

Here's the pic comparasion with recent Saga Deluxe.

You'll notice that even though it's thicker even though it has only 50 or so pages more.

If someone wants to give a chance to beautifully crafted and not-that-expensive hardcover of this neatly illustrated and well written Sci-Fi epic, then don't miss Arkriwght Integral.

p.s.On a related note, If you've missed his Grandville series, maybe you should check it out as well. 4th installment is out as well.

my latest purchases and arrivals. glad to finally have my hands on some blueberry!

formerly 'weeks'

Amazing Member

Went to my local comic shop to kill some time .....
    Spent $108 in five minutes!! LoL!!!
    Part of that was the new Future's End Omnibus for $30!! Can't wait to read it! !!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    As some of you may noticed, Arkrwright Integral is out.
    And it's great.

Here's me (and my dad ) unwrapping this unholy beast.

Integral, as the name implies, consists of original series The Adventures of Luther Arkwright and it's sequel Heart of Empire.
    Bryan Talbot did both writing and art on these two series, but stylistically they look like two different comics. TBH I haven't read the sequel yet, so this'll be fun weekend for me.
    this is so cool, thanks, man. can't wait to get my hands on my copy.

Incredible Member

Latest.

Punk Rock Jesus was excellent and Superman Unchained was better than expected.

Edit: they changed the paper on the cover to DMZ. The previous ones had that fuzzy feeling cover that Vertigo used on other books but this volume has a plain smooth cover. I know this is nothing but it fucks with my OCD Haha.
    Last edited by pud333; 12-17-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Incredible Member

Angry

Interiors of Trilogy USA. Looks good.

Incredible Member