Page 314 of 865 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414814 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I haven't read any Hickman.
    I'd say check it out. It's one of my absolute favorite titles right now

How is East of West? What kind of comic is it?

Also kinda lame that the Armor Hunters Deluxe came out before X-O Manowar 2.
    I've heard it's almost Morrison level crazyness so I instantly got interested

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've heard it's almost Morrison level crazyness so I instantly got interested
    Oh no, that has put me off it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Oh no, that has put me off it
    maybe the level of crazyness is Morrison like but written more coherently?Hickman's writing is usually not so disjointed.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

East of West is about a post nuclear world where the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse walk the Earth. It's a bit of a Sci Fi western with some magic. I have the first trade, but I'll get the hardcover. Great book so far.

East of West is incredible. Comparing Hickman to Morrison is quite unfair. Hickman's writing is a lot more coherent and readable, and you will want to continuously revisit his work time and again. I enjoyed his work on Fantastic Four and FF (Future Foundation) and absolutely loved his work on Avengers / New Avengers. Try it. You won't be disappointed.

Fantastic Member

How is East of West? What kind of comic is it?
    It's pretty but it wasn't for me. Gave it two trades and moved on. Try it if you're fan of Hickman and his storytelling style.

Incredible Member

Latest. Finally got around to picking up Starman v6. I guess I can get around to finishing the story now.

Incredible Member

I gotta say. I've been reading Remender's Low and it's been fun. The art is amazing. Remender is way better with his own stuff than with the Marvel stuff he's been writing lately, even though I've enjoyed his work there for the most part. When it comes to enjoyable Sci-fi, I can always rely on him. This is just the ECCC exclusive but I can't wait for the inevitable deluxe HC that will most likely be released next year.

Last edited by pud333; 04-22-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I gotta say. I've been reading Remender's Low and it's been fun. The art is amazing. Remender is way better with his own stuff than with the Marvel stuff he's been writing lately, even though I've enjoyed his work there for the most part. When it comes to enjoyable Sci-fi, I can always rely on him. This is just the ECCC exclusive but I can't wait for the inevitable deluxe HC that will most likely be released next year.
    I think Low has been pretty amazing. Probably my favourite book at the minute.

Tocchini's art has been pretty immense. I noticed a few pages back that amazon are taking preorders for Last Days of American Crime, which is an earlier collaboration between Remender and Tocchini, think I'll go for it on the strength of Low.

Also really looking forward to a deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post

Tocchini's art has been pretty immense. I noticed a few pages back that amazon are taking preorders for Last Days of American Crime, which is an earlier collaboration between Remender and Tocchini, think I'll go for it on the strength of Low.

Yeah I'm pre-ordering LDoAC with my online LCS, since it's in May's solicitations. Low #1 was indeed pretty amazing! Hopefully we'll see an OHC of that series some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    maybe the level of crazyness is Morrison like but written more coherently?Hickman's writing is usually not so disjointed.
    I generally love Morrison, but I personally wouldn't compare East of West to Morrison's work (aside from a high level of quality)....I would say EoW is Hickman's best work, although I didn't care for the first three issues.

Loads of world-building, cool characters, fantastic art, etc....But one distinction I see in EoW is it has a strong manga/anime feel to it, especially with how the reader doesn't have a full grasp on the characters' power levels and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I generally love Morrison, but I personally wouldn't compare East of West to Morrison's work (aside from a high level of quality)....I would say EoW is Hickman's best work, although I didn't care for the first three issues.

Loads of world-building, cool characters, fantastic art, etc....But one distinction I see in EoW is it has a strong manga/anime feel to it, especially with how the reader doesn't have a full grasp on the characters' power levels and such.
    Well said. East of West is my favorite book right now and I come from an anime background, so it is interesting that you make that distinction about it, but I think you are right. However, Hickman's writing is what puts this series over the top of the competition for me. It is seamless, as is the world-building. I absolutely love it and will definitely be upgrading to the hardcover when it drops.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post

Yeah I'm gonna pick up Last Days too. I was going to anyway because it is Remender, but I'm looking forward to it now due to how great the collaboration on Low has been.

Didn't mean to offend anybody with the Morrison-Hickman comparison, never read EoW I've just heard that it's similar to some of Morrison's stuff, although the guy who said that doesn't like Morrison too much but loved EoW (strange).