Page 631 of 865 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631632633634635641681731 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Baltimore has already been released as slim hc's whereas bprd went from trades to the thick hc's so I wouldn't bank on it, is there any connection at all between Baltimore and HB?

I'm so glad mignola didn't get precious over HB and allowed other people to work on it.
    No connection other than Mike Mignola.

Spectacular Member

Hi guys,

Looking at upcoming pre-orders I've made, I see that the Watchmen Slipcase is about to be released.

While I have it secured at 70EUR, I'm torn. there's very little info on this, and most important the size is, I believe, still unknown. My guess would be that this will be the same size as the recently released Dark Knight slipcase, so perhaps some of you have bought that one and can shed some light? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hi guys,

Looking at upcoming pre-orders I've made, I see that the Watchmen Slipcase is about to be released.

While I have it secured at 70EUR, I'm torn. there's very little info on this, and most important the size is, I believe, still unknown. My guess would be that this will be the same size as the recently released Dark Knight slipcase, so perhaps some of you have bought that one and can shed some light? Thanks!
    Yes, just like the DK3 case but with 12 issues. If you can find an Absolute edition I'd recommend that instead.

Incredible Member

Hi guys,

I posted this on the DC thread, but I'll post here again. It'll probably be exactly like this one. It's nice enough, oversized, but what I will say is that the slipcase is slightly bigger than the books both in height and width. It doesn't fit snug like an Absolute slipcase. It is what it is. The only reason I bought this was because I like TDKR so much. I won't be buying the Watchmen one since I got the deluxe a while back.

Edit: Here's another photo showing what I'm talking about. Space on the top and the books sink back into the slipcase. I didn't notice this at first. Not a dealbreaker, but certainly not nice like an Absolute. Maybe they'll fix this with the Watchmen one, but I guess we don't know until it gets released. The books are also mousetraps. I don't think single issues should be released in HC like this. So if you're buying it like I did, it's because you don't really intend to read it and it looks nice on the shelf. For a good reading experience, I'd go with a different release, like the Absolute or Deluxe.

Last edited by pud333; 11-14-2016 at 03:50 PM.

Spectacular Member

Nice.

If anyone is interested, I ended up getting a replacement dust jacket from the seller for my Uncanny X-men Omnibus Vol 2. It is still out of stock on their site (WHSmith in the UK), but they managed to get a replacement shipped out to me and all is good. It must have come from the publisher as the shop doesn't have the same book in stock, so I'm guessing if the same happens to anyone else then contact the seller to see if they can get a replacement dust jacket from the publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Nice.

If anyone is interested, I ended up getting a replacement dust jacket from the seller for my Uncanny X-men Omnibus Vol 2. It is still out of stock on their site (WHSmith in the UK), but they managed to get a replacement shipped out to me and all is good. It must have come from the publisher as the shop doesn't have the same book in stock, so I'm guessing if the same happens to anyone else then contact the seller to see if they can get a replacement dust jacket from the publisher.
    speaking of WH Smith: are they okay? I've preordered a book and wondering if it will be sent out on release day? Ordered them before but it was for in stock items and for click and collect before they closed the shop in town.

Spectacular Member

The only item I pre-ordered was that X-men Vol 2 Omnibus; ordered on the 7th, was supposed to be released 18th, but didn't get it until the 1st November (that was probably because I ordered close to the release date.) Hopefully you get your item on release day, might depend on how close to release you ordered it and how popular it is.

I do worry a bit about how good the website is at tracking the stock of items (eg there are things there that have a 4 week stock status such as the X-men Inferno OHC which I doubt is coming back in stock given it is out of print everywhere else). I'm still waiting for my Doctor Strange Omnibus, which was supposedly 1-2 days to send out (ordered in October just after it was released). But I did get Cap Marvel MMW 6 sent out very quickly, and UXM Omnibus 3 took a few days to get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    The only item I pre-ordered was that X-men Vol 2 Omnibus; ordered on the 7th, was supposed to be released 18th, but didn't get it until the 1st November (that was probably because I ordered close to the release date.) Hopefully you get your item on release day, might depend on how close to release you ordered it and how popular it is.

I do worry a bit about how good the website is at tracking the stock of items (eg there are things there that have a 4 week stock status such as the X-men Inferno OHC which I doubt is coming back in stock given it is out of print everywhere else). I'm still waiting for my Doctor Strange Omnibus, which was supposedly 1-2 days to send out (ordered in October just after it was released). But I did get Cap Marvel MMW 6 sent out very quickly, and UXM Omnibus 3 took a few days to get to me.
    thanks for the info! I only consider the In stock items actually in stock, any waiting time means "not in stock" for me. I've ordered the Alex+Ada deluxe but if I can get a similarly good deal on it from somewhere else before they send it out I might just cancel it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I posted this on the DC thread, but I'll post here again. It'll probably be exactly like this one. It's nice enough, oversized, but what I will say is that the slipcase is slightly bigger than the books both in height and width. It doesn't fit snug like an Absolute slipcase. It is what it is. The only reason I bought this was because I like TDKR so much. I won't be buying the Watchmen one since I got the deluxe a while back.
    Thank you so much for this! The mouse trap on top of the size did it, I canceled my order. Watchmen was one of the first comic book I read more than 10 years ago and wanted something special out of the format. I'll track down the Absolute.

Thank you so much for this! The mouse trap on top of the size did it, I canceled my order. Watchmen was one of the first comic book I read more than 10 years ago and wanted something special out of the format. I'll track down the Absolute.
    not to poop on anyone's parade but that TDKR set is less than impressive to me with all these problems. The absolute is probably not that hard to find for a fair price and if it's that important to you I say definitely go for it. I did the same and have no regrets.

Fantastic Member

Not so much books from the last 2 month:

Signed Rachel Rising is great, by the way. And limited/signed Sin City Curator Collection is unbelievable too!

What is Elf Quest like? I love the fantasy genre but haven't really experience it in comic books yet.

I am glad to finally see the New Mutants Artist Select compared in size with other book, and more glad to see that it is quite a huge book!

Incredible Member

2nd part of my order from the Amazon sale. Next week I'll get the 3rd part. Finally getting around to catching up on certain comics.

Other than the deluxe books of Nightly News and East of West, what other Hickman books are in oversized format?