Page 745 of 865 FirstFirst ... 245645695735741742743744745746747748749755795845 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,175 of 12974

I read vol. 1 tpb of Kill or Be killed by Brubaker. Damn that was good. So good, I added vol. 2 to my IST order last night. I need to know what happens. Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Yeah, you can get bigger sized bags/boards for Progs and Magazines. 2000AD also sell binders on their site that store a year or so's worth of Progs.
    Can you provide links for bags/boards please? Not sure do I want to do binders, already ran out of space.

Did anyone buy the Akira box set?

Mine came today and it looks freaking awesome. And I had it locked it at 102.50 from Amazon, plus tax.

Only problem is it came with a pretty good bump on one of the corners. It looks like Amazon is out of stock on it at the moment. I don't know if I want to try again with a replacement and risk a copy in worse condition. Has anyone had any luck requesting better packing like peanuts for a replacement copy before?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Please tell me what you think of The last days of American crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I have the deluxe. I liked it. Ending is a bit generic, but it was interesting enough. But my God! That Tocchini art!
    Finished this tonight. Really, really good but definitely needs a re-read for super appreciation. The Tocchini art was great at times and then there were moments where some of the characters looked exactly the same. That could be more the colorist's fault (unless he is the colorist - ha ha). There are a lot of moving things/schemes going on at once. It's like a thinking man's Ocean 11 (and I liked Ocean 11). The end is a little generic but again, enough feints left and right that there's still some guessing to do.

I might try to hunt down the HC if it's oversized and I can find it for a decent price.

Like I've said many times - not a fan of Remender's Marvel stuff but love most of his indie work and I put this up there with some of my favorite indie stuff he's done.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

Mine came today and it looks freaking awesome. And I had it locked it at 102.50 from Amazon, plus tax.

Only problem is it came with a pretty good bump on one of the corners. It looks like Amazon is out of stock on it at the moment. I don't know if I want to try again with a replacement and risk a copy in worse condition. Has anyone had any luck requesting better packing like peanuts for a replacement copy before?
    How early did you preorder? Mine was from April 10th and hasn't shipped. Will be highly peeved if somehow i don't end up with one.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Finished this tonight. Really, really good but definitely needs a re-read for super appreciation. The Tocchini art was great at times and then there were moments where some of the characters looked exactly the same. That could be more the colorist's fault (unless he is the colorist - ha ha). There are a lot of moving things/schemes going on at once. It's like a thinking man's Ocean 11 (and I liked Ocean 11). The end is a little generic but again, enough feints left and right that there's still some guessing to do.

I might try to hunt down the HC if it's oversized and I can find it for a decent price.

Like I've said many times - not a fan of Remender's Marvel stuff but love most of his indie work and I put this up there with some of my favorite indie stuff he's done.
    Thanks. I'll go for it. But only the hc. It's oversized I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Can you provide links for bags/boards please? Not sure do I want to do binders, already ran out of space.
    Just search for Magazine Bag Boards on ebay. Odds are your LCS will sell 'em too.

How early did you preorder? Mine was from April 10th and hasn't shipped. Will be highly peeved if somehow i don't end up with one.
    Way back in February, probably within the first couple days it was on Amazon to be honest. It's literally the most gorgeous collection I've ever seen. It's fucking huge and heavy and beautiful. If you haven't seen pictures I'll try to get some up later tonight.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

I preordered mine on February 1st. It didn't arrive yesterday like it was supposed to, but I did get an email this morning saying it had shipped and will arrive Thursday. Fingers crossed it won't be too damaged when it arrives. I feel your frustration ER Prest!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

The HC is Remender-sized, same size as Fear Agent, Black Science, etc

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

Got it for the same price through amazon and love it. I got a little bump on the corner also, but great looking box set cannot wait to start reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Just search for Magazine Bag Boards on ebay. Odds are your LCS will sell 'em too.
    Thanks, found binder on 2000AD website. Also they have sketchbook with different artist to honor Steve Dillon - it was available for cons, so grab your copy before it's gone guys.

Haul from last months. Probably have forgotten something as always.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Lady Mechanika OHC Dlx vol.1 was so cheap, about $21, from IST that I broke down and got it last week.
    That art really does look great oversized. You can't get the 7 issues contained for that price anymore so if you've been curious this is a solid starting point.
    I only hope that vol.2 contains the next two mini-series in the saga: Tablet of Destinies along with Lost Boys of Abbey Road
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime