Page 716 of 865 FirstFirst ... 216616666706712713714715716717718719720726766816 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 12974
    Amazing Member

I Haven't been on here in a while so, if you can direct me in the right place, that would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
    I Haven't been on here in a while so, if you can direct me in the right place, that would be appreciated.
    http://community.comicbookresources....k-trading-post

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    I always forget about something.

just to be sure lvizzz, is this one set described in this picture or several independent items?

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    just to be sure lvizzz, is this one set described in this picture or several independent items?
    It's Absolute All Star Batman and limited Icons - Jim Lee with that lithograph. Got both for 70 quid, so quite a deal.

I really like Simonson's Ragnarok. I devoured the first HC awhile back. I re-read it last night in preparation for the arrival of volume 2, which was today. Almost finished with it.

Such a great read. A lot of what I consider the 1980s superstars (Miller, Claremont, Byrne, etc) .... did OK in the 1990s but their worked seemed to worsen ss the new century rolled around. Simonson, however, seems to be the exception. In fact, Ragnarok might be the best thing he ever did - and that includes his amazing Thor run in the 1980s.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I really like Simonson's Ragnarok. I devoured the first HC awhile back. I re-read it last night in preparation for the arrival of volume 2, which was today. Almost finished with it.

Such a great read. A lot of what I consider the 1980s superstars (Miller, Claremont, Byrne, etc) .... did OK in the 1990s but their worked seemed to worsen ss the new century rolled around. Simonson, however, seems to be the exception. In fact, Ragnarok might be the best thing he ever did - and that includes his amazing Thor run in the 1980s.
    Mines on the way and I can't wait to get it. I tried hard to justify the incentive edition to myself but just couldn't quite get there at $150.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Mines on the way and I can't wait to get it. I tried hard to justify the incentive edition to myself but just couldn't quite get there at $150.
    Yeah the regular deluxe hardcovers are nice enough for me, especially since they collect only six issues each. I've since finished it and volume two was just as good as one.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Volume 1 and 2 are up next on my read list. Good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    You gonna collect the 2000AD partworks, Lvizzz?
    Knew nothing about this, could be interested, especially if they do a lot of the older stuff, as I don't think I read 2000ad after 1998, I do wonder how well the stuff will hold up

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Knew nothing about this, could be interested, especially if they do a lot of the older stuff, as I don't think I read 2000ad after 1998, I do wonder how well the stuff will hold up
    I don't know how familiar are you with these type of collections but fair warning: they don't have the titles on the spine. So if you don't collect all of them to add up to a bigger image you will have a nice abstract art piece on your shelf without any hint what the books actually are Or you can just do custom djs.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't know how familiar are you with these type of collections but fair warning: they don't have the titles on the spine. So if you don't collect all of them to add up to a bigger image you will have a nice abstract art piece on your shelf without any hint what the books actually are Or you can just do custom djs.
    I did get the Marvel collection, which got me back into Marvel (for at least 6 months) But I ended up selling the collection and started buying Marvel omnis again (for a bit) at least with the 2000ad stuff, I know they won't start printing stuff in fancy omnis forcing me to double dip

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Who freakin' cares? What inside those books matters, not a spine. Just get them.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    It's Absolute All Star Batman and limited Icons - Jim Lee with that lithograph. Got both for 70 quid, so quite a deal.
    Thank you lvizzz, I was afraid the lithograph was included in a limited edition of the Absolute B&R! (my wallet was afraid to be exact)

Mighty Member

I posted about the apparent changes to the Valiant deluxes on another thread, but here are some comparison pics

https://imgur.com/a/Ouqll

Kinda torn on this. Of course I'm psyched about the proper sewn binding, but idk if at the expense of the glossy covers was worth it. Since I have oily fingers it's much more conducive to finger prints, and can't be wiped clean. #firstworldproblems
    Last edited by awayne83; 08-07-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Incredible Member

So I guess there's been no word on a Deadly Class deluxe volume 2 at this point? Probably a given though.