Page 257 of 865 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

The HCs from the Valiant solicitations:

Q2: THE RETURN OF QUANTUM AND WOODY DELUXE HC
    Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    Art and Cover by MD BRIGHT
    The most demanded return in comics is finally here! The original Quantum and Woody are back! Legendary creators Christopher Priest (Black Panther) and MD Bright (Iron Man) return to one of the most acclaimed series of the modern era for an all-new mini-series!
    Whatever happened to the world’s worst superhero team? Twenty years past their prime, the unlikely crime-fighting duo known as Quantum and Woody (not a couple) have long since parted ways…until a middle-aged Quantum suddenly reappears with a brand-new teenage partner. Now Woody is out to break up the all-new, all different Quantum and Woody and put an end to Quantum’s recklessness…just as Quantum takes on a life-or-death personal mission for national security. Can these former friends set aside their differences…and their age…and their numerous health difficulties…to join forces one last time without driving each other crazy?
    Collecting Q2: THE RETURN OF QUANTUM AND WOODY #1–5 in a deluxe, oversized hardcover format for a perfect shelf companion to the QUANTUM AND WOODY: THE COMPLETE CLASSIC OMNIBUS!
    $24.99 | 160 pgs. | T+ | On sale APRIL 8
    OVERSIZED HARDCOVER | ISBN: 9781939346568

X-O MANOWAR DELUXE EDITION VOL. 2 HC
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and MATT KINDT
    Art by LEE GARBETT, CARY NORD, DOUG BRAITHWAITE and VICENTE CIFUENTES
    Cover by LADRÖNN
    Born into battle, Aric of Dacia, the fifth century Visigoth now known as X-O Manowar, has never known peace. Abducted and enslaved by the savage alien empire known as The Vine, Aric finally escaped his captors after stealing their ultra powerful X-O Manowar armor and returned to Earth…only to find that more than a thousand years had passed in his absence. Stranded in the modern day, the most primitive man on Earth now wields the most powerful weapon in existence as X-O Manowar…
    But when Aric decides to use to his newfound power to reclaim the ancestral homeland of his Visigoth forefathers – the nation-state of Dacia, now in modern day Romania – he will inadvertently set the world on a path to nuclear annihilation…one that can only be prevented by the elite super-team called Unity! And, together, Unity will unleash a world-shaking battle royale pitting the world’s most formidable heroes – Toyo Hardaa, Ninjak, Eternal Warrior, and Livewire – against the unstoppable might of X-O Manowar.
    Collecting X-O MANOWAR #15–22 by New York Times best-selling writer Robert Venditti (Green Lantern) and artists Lee Garbett (Loki: Agent of Asgard) and Cary Nord (Conan), plus the sold-out UNITY #1–4 by New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT) and artist Doug Braithwaite (Justice), this deluxe, oversized X-O Manowar hardcover also comes packed with more than 20 pages of never-before-seen art and extras, direct from the Valiant vaults.
    On sale APRIL 22 | 320 pages, full color | $39.99 US | T+
    ISBN: 978-1-939346-52-0

Edit: Half asleep..
    Last edited by danmar85; 01-21-2015 at 02:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    The HCs from the Valiant solicitations:

Q2: THE RETURN OF QUANTUM AND WOODY DELUXE HC
    Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    Art and Cover by MD BRIGHT
    The most demanded return in comics is finally here! The original Quantum and Woody are back! Legendary creators Christopher Priest (Black Panther) and MD Bright (Iron Man) return to one of the most acclaimed series of the modern era for an all-new mini-series!
    Whatever happened to the world’s worst superhero team? Twenty years past their prime, the unlikely crime-fighting duo known as Quantum and Woody (not a couple) have long since parted ways…until a middle-aged Quantum suddenly reappears with a brand-new teenage partner. Now Woody is out to break up the all-new, all different Quantum and Woody and put an end to Quantum’s recklessness…just as Quantum takes on a life-or-death personal mission for national security. Can these former friends set aside their differences…and their age…and their numerous health difficulties…to join forces one last time without driving each other crazy?
    Collecting Q2: THE RETURN OF QUANTUM AND WOODY #1–5 in a deluxe, oversized hardcover format for a perfect shelf companion to the QUANTUM AND WOODY: THE COMPLETE CLASSIC OMNIBUS!
    $24.99 | 160 pgs. | T+ | On sale APRIL 8
    OVERSIZED HARDCOVER | ISBN: 9781939346568

X-O MANOWAR DELUXE EDITION VOL. 2 HC
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and MATT KINDT
    Art by LEE GARBETT, CARY NORD, DOUG BRAITHWAITE and VICENTE CIFUENTES
    Cover by LADRÖNN
    Born into battle, Aric of Dacia, the fifth century Visigoth now known as X-O Manowar, has never known peace. Abducted and enslaved by the savage alien empire known as The Vine, Aric finally escaped his captors after stealing their ultra powerful X-O Manowar armor and returned to Earth…only to find that more than a thousand years had passed in his absence. Stranded in the modern day, the most primitive man on Earth now wields the most powerful weapon in existence as X-O Manowar…
    But when Aric decides to use to his newfound power to reclaim the ancestral homeland of his Visigoth forefathers – the nation-state of Dacia, now in modern day Romania – he will inadvertently set the world on a path to nuclear annihilation…one that can only be prevented by the elite super-team called Unity! And, together, Unity will unleash a world-shaking battle royale pitting the world’s most formidable heroes – Toyo Hardaa, Ninjak, Eternal Warrior, and Livewire – against the unstoppable might of X-O Manowar.
    Collecting X-O MANOWAR #15–22 by New York Times best-selling writer Robert Venditti (Green Lantern) and artists Lee Garbett (Loki: Agent of Asgard) and Cary Nord (Conan), plus the sold-out UNITY #1–4 by New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT) and artist Doug Braithwaite (Justice), this deluxe, oversized X-O Manowar hardcover also comes packed with more than 20 pages of never-before-seen art and extras, direct from the Valiant vaults.
    On sale APRIL 22 | 320 pages, full color | $39.99 US | T+
    ISBN: 978-1-939346-52-0
    I'll get both but I'm honestly surprised at Q2 getting the Deluxe treatment being that it's only 5 issues. Their smallest Deluxe was Shadowman at 10 issues.
    This being the case I'd be thrilled if The Death Defying Doctor Mirage 5 issue mini-series that just ended also ends up getting the Deluxe treatment!

If anyone didn't read Doctor Mirage I recommend it for the supernatural minded reader!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'll get both but I'm honestly surprised at Q2 getting the Deluxe treatment being that it's only 5 issues. Their smallest Deluxe was Shadowman at 10 issues.
    This being the case I'd be thrilled if The Death Defying Doctor Mirage 5 issue mini-series that just ended also ends up getting the Deluxe treatment!

If anyone didn't read Doctor Mirage I recommend it for the supernatural minded reader!
    I mentioned this in the Valiant thread, but the Q2 Deluxe should be closer to $20 for that small page count.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I mentioned this in the Valiant thread, but the Q2 Deluxe should be closer to $20 for that small page count.
    it's oversized, so i think the price is ok. marvel's premier hc have same page-count and cost 25 for normal size.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I have it on top of my wish list

Have you ever read Skreemer? I read it 3 weeks ago and it blew my mind
    bought it from cheap comics but haven't read it, yet. will put it on my soon-to-read-list, though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

"Collecting Q2: THE RETURN OF QUANTUM AND WOODY #1–5 in a deluxe, oversized hardcover format for a perfect shelf companion to the QUANTUM AND WOODY: THE COMPLETE CLASSIC OMNIBUS!"

Considering this, I can see them making Doctor Mirage an OHC to align with the others.

Where do I buy the Judge dredd mega collection partwork? Do I have to subscribe from ther website or will the volumes be sold in bookstores online. Are they available in canada/north america? Im a little confused on how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    it's oversized, so i think the price is ok. marvel's premier hc have same page-count and cost 25 for normal size.
    It should still be $20, considering most Valiant Deluxe books are $40 for 350+ pages of content. I don't think the extra $5 is extremely excessive, but like you, I think the price is just okay and not great. I'll still buy it though .

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I would really like to go out and buy one in WHSMith because they gonna fly off the shelves with the 1,99 price tag but I'm just so goddamnd lazy to go out in this cold for an hour long walk.
    I eventually found it in the 2nd WH Smith I tried. Good little hardcover, I'd recommend it.

If anyone wants I can post pictures later tonight.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Where do I buy the Judge dredd mega collection partwork? Do I have to subscribe from ther website or will the volumes be sold in bookstores online. Are they available in canada/north america? Im a little confused on how this works.
    Unfortunately it's exclusive to the UK for the time being. It seems to have gotten off to a good start, especially compared to the test run, so hopefully an international release is forthcoming. And if or when that becomes the case, you can either subscribe via Hachette's website if you want the extra gifts or, yeah, you can buy it through some online stores (Forbidden Planet have the first three books available for pre-order), though here in the UK it's also readily available in newsagents and the like and I assume you can ask a local store to order it. For now though - UK exclusive sadly. The first three books are really good though. Great quality and, unreleased fourth book included, really good introductions to Judge Dredd.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'm thinking of purchasing Simonson's Star Slammers: The Complete Collection HC (IDW).

Did anyone pick up the remastered single issues or the original Marvel graphic novel and read it? If so, what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Unfortunately it's exclusive to the UK for the time being. It seems to have gotten off to a good start, especially compared to the test run, so hopefully an international release is forthcoming. And if or when that becomes the case, you can either subscribe via Hachette's website if you want the extra gifts or, yeah, you can buy it through some online stores (Forbidden Planet have the first three books available for pre-order), though here in the UK it's also readily available in newsagents and the like and I assume you can ask a local store to order it. For now though - UK exclusive sadly. The first three books are really good though. Great quality and, unreleased fourth book included, really good introductions to Judge Dredd.
    Indeed they can be ordered through Forbidden Planet and I have simulated a checkout to France and it's works fine so i don't think it's exclusive to UK that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm thinking of purchasing Simonson's Star Slammers: The Complete Collection HC (IDW).

Did anyone pick up the remastered single issues or the original Marvel graphic novel and read it? If so, what are your thoughts?
    I've seen good price on FP for that, but it was some time ago.

Soooooo, this just happened. All HC's at last! Super happy.