Page 241 of 865 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 12974

I want that absolute LxG so badly...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    The Complete Little Nemo by Taschen arrived today and what an unbelievably huge book it is (even more unbelievably, a bigger edition exists!); I certainly don't need to take out my Hellboy Artist Edition to see the difference, that's for sure. Quite the corker, it is, but what great quality too. Well bound, gorgeously designed and with great paper quality (very similar to the AE I have), I definitely have no complaints. Surprisingly, the accompanying paperback book all about McCay himself is just as big as the hardcover, whereas I thought it'd be much smaller in comparison, so that's great too. Will post some pictures later, maybe.
    I want to see pictures!! I got the Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream and want this to go with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I wonder if IDW is ever going to reprint the Original Marvel Transformers Series in OHC like they are doing with the Marvel G.I.Joe series.
    I'm just not interested in the softcover standard size edition I've seen.
    Personally I'd rather they not, I'm quite happy with the softcovers that I wouldn't want to double dip. Also in my case having space where to store them is an issue.

Also haven't bought any of the G.I.Joe hardcovers IDW has been putting out because of the unnecessary inclusion of the comics that were included with the toys to fill in gaps.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    I want to see pictures!! I got the Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream and want this to go with it.
    Took some photos earlier and will post them up here a little later on when I have the time!

Spectacular Member

Alright, here we go. First some pictures of the case the book comes in (and you can see mine is damaged on all corners and some sides thanks to Barnes & Nobles' incredible packaging):

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

Spectacular Member

Here's the box unopened, the trade paperback sitting on top of the hardcover:

IMG_0246.jpg

Here we have the hardcover book compared in size to my Artist Edition of Hellboy (and as you can see, the difference isn't as big as I thought at all):

IMG_0247.jpg

Onto the actual book itself, here's the gorgeous endpapers to start things off:

IMG_0271.jpg

Spectacular Member

Contents page:

IMG_0273.jpg

How each section of these sections of the book is then introduced:

IMG_0277.jpg

One of hundreds of pages of lovely art chosen at random:

IMG_0279.jpg

Spectacular Member

Here's how great the binding is for such a thick, massive book:

IMG_0285.jpg

Now, here's the contents page of the paperback volume which, as I mentioned before, is the same size as the hardcover:

IMG_0287.jpg

And finally, here's a look at the brilliant design of this companion book, presented entirely as a great big newspaper:

IMG_0289.jpg

It's a pretty amazing book and I'm hoping to pick up Taschen's 75 Years of Marvel sometime next year as well, which I imagine must be of similar quality. This is the first time I'm seeing Winsor McCay's work so I can't really comment on how well the artwork's been reproduced (although do note that his work can be found in even bigger editions than this - just not collected in its entirety, which is the point here), although what I will say is that I sure wish something - anything! - had been done about the lettering, which is just awful. Don't know if anything was ever done about it in other books reprinting these strips but it's the only - and very minor - complaint that I have.
    Last edited by Endsville; 12-30-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I think someone said they cancelled them after vol. 3, so probably not. I don't think they're as popular as the Walking Dead ones.
    Aw man.. I really don't want to buy so many ultimate collections... Lol

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Personally I'd rather they not, I'm quite happy with the softcovers that I wouldn't want to double dip. Also in my case having space where to store them is an issue.
    I'd just sell the softcovers, thus freeing up space.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingPirate View Post
    My latest books:
    Attachment 15075
    I had no idea they'd released those Bruce Wayne trades, going to get on them now. Great choices and I still can't get over the awesomeness of Sin City even though I see it every day

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I wonder if IDW is ever going to reprint the Original Marvel Transformers Series in OHC like they are doing with the Marvel G.I.Joe series.
    I'm just not interested in the softcover standard size edition I've seen.
    I would love that, but by this time, I doubt it. They're putting IDW created material into HC, and keeping the old Marvel material in SC. I haven't read any of this material since I was like 12, but would love to have it in OHC.

I'm a big fan of the G.I.JOE classic OHCs and the G.I.JOE IDW-verse OHCs as well. Great builds, and great material. The Hama stuff from way back still holds up in my opinion, vs. the cartoon which I thought was unbelievable at the time, now I watched some with my son on Netflix, and blah, it was pretty awful. But the TF cartoon still stands up pretty decent (we watched some of those, too).

I have no issues with them putting toy tie-in comics in the G.I.Joe books. They're few and far between, and you can always just skip them.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Fantastic Member

drawn & quarterly had a 50% sale recently, and this i what i got:

two each from porcellino, seth and tatsumi. and then some.

never read any delisle (but have already gave it away two times already, go figure). really liked rutu modans exit wounds, so i'm eager to read her other stuff. and then a lot of chester brown stuff. i already own some of it in german, but i'm really happy that i now have all his english-language releases. he's probably my favorite alternative cartoonist.

wasn't really hooked onnjason lute's "jar of fools", but since i now live in berlin i thought that i should give his "berlin" series a shot. then some more from anders nilsen and lynda barry (whom i have never read before) and joe matt (dito).

Fantastic Member

last batch...

two clowes books which were on my want-to-read-list forever. and some other books which i was really keen on.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Alright, here we go. First some pictures of the case the book comes in (and you can see mine is damaged on all corners and some sides thanks to Barnes & Nobles' incredible packaging):

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg
    Looks brilliant! Hope you got some money off at least for that damage. I'm gonna be picking this up as soon as I have the cash.