Page 852 of 865 FirstFirst ... 352752802842848849850851852853854855856862 ... LastLast
Results 12,766 to 12,780 of 12974

Mike Grell recently announced some deluxe Jon Sable books, looks like there will be 6 of them and they'll be absolute sized at 100 USD.

I really love Grell's work, he's one of the first creators I started paying attention to and collected when I got into comics. Met him once too, nice guy. I own most of his work now, mainly through back issues and what not, so most of the money didn't go to him. I do try and pick up new collections of his work when they come out, like the Green Arrow omnibus, even though I own all the single issues now.

But those Sable books...100 bucks for 10-12 issues is a really steep price. I want to support the guy, but this makes it a bit rough. I'm sure they'll be gorgeous, but I already own the singles. Man...
    Last edited by ER Prest; 12-06-2020 at 05:59 PM.

I think I only really know him from Permission to Die, which I enjoyed. It's been a while since I read the older James Bond works though.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Mike Grell recently announced some deluxe Jon Sable books, looks like there will be 6 of them and they'll be absolute sized at 100 USD.

I really love Grell's work, he's one of the first creators I started paying attention to and collected when I got into comics. Met him once too, nice guy. I own most of his work now, mainly through back issues and what not, so most of the money didn't go to him. I do try and pick up new collections of his work when they come out, like the Green Arrow omnibus, even though I own all the single issues now.

But those Sable books...100 bucks for 10-12 issues is a really steep price. I want to support the guy, but this makes it a bit rough. I'm sure they'll be gorgeous, but I already own the singles. Man...
    Wow that is pricy... I thought the Jon Sable Omnibus were expensive... but 600$ to collect the whole series... hopefully they will be heavily discounted...

Is it worth it? I loved the Longbow Hunters Omnibus...

Edit: Totally looks worth it... supposed to be 5 books clocking in at 400 pages of content each... I am totally going to get the first one and maybe more... looks awesome... love the art...
    Last edited by Phd. Strange; 12-10-2020 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Wow that is pricy... I thought the Jon Sable Omnibus were expensive... but 600$ to collect the whole series... hopefully they will be heavily discounted...

Is it worth it? I loved the Longbow Hunters Omnibus...

Edit: Totally looks worth it... supposed to be 5 books clocking in at 400 pages of content each... I am totally going to get the first one and maybe more... looks awesome... love the art...
    Ah, I was off by one.

I'll have to see when they actually come out....

Anyone still collecting these? I'm pretty far behind in my TF reading but I didn't like what I've seen of Revolution elsewhere - happy that these are continuing for those who are though!

Transformers: The IDW Collection Phase Three, Vol. 1

http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781684058426

Spectacular Member

Thanks for the heads up

I've been picking them up but haven't read the last three collections released yet. I might reread the whole thing when phase 2 is fully collected, then I'll make a decision on whether to get phase 3. No idea what happens in phase 3 though!

Image Comics March 2021 Solicitations:

https://www.comicreleases.com/2020/1...solicitations/

Titan Comics March 2021 Solicitations:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...titanmarch.htm

Spectacular Member

Ah, I was off by one.

I'll have to see when they actually come out....
    This was a very tough decision. I passed in the end. $500 commitment for the set was a bit too much especially as I’ve never read the material before but totally understand it for the fans. If there was ever an omnibus released it could be done in two volumes and would cost no more than $150-200. The price made it hard to pull the trigger. Oh well. Hope to have the opportunity someday and I really hope I don’t regret passing it up.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Image Comics March 2021 Solicitations:

https://www.comicreleases.com/2020/1...solicitations/
    Thanks for this. Have 3 trades to look forward to in March. Getting it together, Family Tree and Undiscovered Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    This was a very tough decision. I passed in the end. $500 commitment for the set was a bit too much especially as I’ve never read the material before but totally understand it for the fans. If there was ever an omnibus released it could be done in two volumes and would cost no more than $150-200. The price made it hard to pull the trigger. Oh well. Hope to have the opportunity someday and I really hope I don’t regret passing it up.
    If it was a 2 volume omnibus set for 200 MSRP - I'd be all over it even tho I own the singles, and double dip. 5...is a lot. Even with a discount, they'll still be 60-70 a piece. I'll have to see how they look and decide after the first couple come out.

Spectacular Member

If it was a 2 volume omnibus set for 200 MSRP - I'd be all over it even tho I own the singles, and double dip. 5...is a lot. Even with a discount, they'll still be 60-70 a piece. I'll have to see how they look and decide after the first couple come out.
    Well it looks like altogether it’s 2000 pgs or thereabouts so would take two 1000 pg omnis which should be around $125 retail. Comes out to $140-155 on IST with those assumptions. I’m not sure whether there is an option to buy the first volume when the kickstarter for Vol 2 comes out. The option would be nice.

Incredible Member

For anyone that's purchased Richard Stark's Parker: The Martini Edition - does it come in any protective box beyond the slipcase, like DC Absolutes? I'm trying to gauge the likelihood of damages of ordering it with certain retailers.