Page 185 of 865 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285685 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Just finished P. Craig Russell's Ring of the Nibelung. My word, what a beautiful work of art. But as always - art like this needs to be at least OHC/deluxe-sized. Still, highly recommended!
    I'm in book/cycle 3 right now. It's so much better than I was expecting, I'm tearing through it. The artwork is beautiful and the lyrical adaptation is really well done. It also made me flip back through Alice's Siegfried now that I have the context (which I was weak on before) and appreciate it more.

Can anybody here help with an InStockTrades issue (eg any contact there that actually responds, or actually works for them)? I ended up ordering that Final Incal from them, paid for international express mail. That was a month ago, and the USPS web site is showing it in Memphis still and I can't get a response from IST. Or USPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Can anybody here help with an InStockTrades issue (eg any contact there that actually responds, or actually works for them)? I ended up ordering that Final Incal from them, paid for international express mail. That was a month ago, and the USPS web site is showing it in Memphis still and I can't get a response from IST. Or USPS.
    I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your order. I've only used the email provided by them on the website, which is customer.service@instocktrades.com.
    They've always contacted me within 3-4 days at the maximum. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that you're an international buyer. Maybe the emails aren't going through..who knows. I'm not making excuses for them of course. I'm just wondering if there's a legitimate reason for lack of response.

Could you tell us which method you used to contact USPS and IST and how long it's been?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your order. I've only used the email provided by them on the website, which is customer.service@instocktrades.com.
    They've always contacted me within 3-4 days at the maximum. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that you're an international buyer. Maybe the emails aren't going through..who knows. I'm not making excuses for them of course. I'm just wondering if there's a legitimate reason for lack of response.

Could you tell us which method you used to contact USPS and IST and how long it's been?
    USPS was through their web site. IST was that email address - was only three days ago though.

Just bizarre though. Obviously a post issue, and I've never seen that on a tracking on an express. Just nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    USPS was through their web site. IST was that email address - was only three days ago though.

Just bizarre though. Obviously a post issue, and I've never seen that on a tracking on an express. Just nuts.
    I'd give it another 2 days max before trying again. I'm not sure of any other way to contact them. If I may ask, when was the book actually shipped?

Fantastic Member

Received Terry Moore's Echo HC Collection yesterday. It's really quite beautiful. No dustjacket, which I love. Includes a ribbon, art done in b&w and a nice smooth feel to the book. It's normal HC size and not OHC. Printed in Canada with sewn binding, which was a little tight at first. Hopefully it'll loosen a bit with use.
    where did you get it from?

Not a collected edition per se, but a somptuous portfolio of Joe Colquhoun's art on Pat Mills Charley's War that I have bought yesterday.
    http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...rleys-war.html

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    where did you get it from?
    I bought my copy from instocktrades.com, but I checked and it's also available from cheapgraphicnovel.com, talesofwonder.com, and www.abstractstudiocomics.com. I'm not sure if they'd ship to your country. You'd have to check with each site individually.

Fantastic Member

I bought my copy from instocktrades.com, but I checked and it's also available from cheapgraphicnovel.com, talesofwonder.com, and www.abstractstudiocomics.com. I'm not sure if they'd ship to your country. You'd have to check with each site individually.
    thanks, man. they all ship to my country but rob me blind doing that. i was hoping i'd missed it on amazon or something. oh well.

New books I got yesterday, the top 2 are in Dutch but the rest is in English. Can't wait to dig into those new Kerascoët books

thanks, man. they all ship to my country but rob me blind doing that. i was hoping i'd missed it on amazon or something. oh well.
    Sorry to hear that. I checked the ISBN to make sure and yep, no stock on Amazon. I think it's a weird limited release some vendors are getting.

Cheap Comics have it in stock as well. Not sure what the shipping costs will be (they're based in the Netherlands) but it never hurts to ask and their packaging is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    My latest purchases:

The Corto Maltese book is a thing of beauty - thick, matte paper, 200 pages, almost the size of an AE (so bigger than the Humanoids deluxe books), lots of essays and even including a fake (?) letter that can be taken out:

Don't really understand French, but at 39€ I thought "What the hell..." and I'm gonna give it a try. But to be on the safe side I also ordered a used German pocket-sized edition for 2€
    €39 is a steal IMO, that book is huge and beautifull. I've been eyeing that one for a while but I'm trying to cut down on getting alternate versions of stuff that I already have (I'll only make an exception for Moebius books). I might still go for the upcoming American hardcovers though. I have the entire series in Dutch but those are all coloured editions and I prefer Pratt's art in B&W.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    €39 is a steal IMO, that book is huge and beautifull. I've been eyeing that one for a while but I'm trying to cut down on getting alternate versions of stuff that I already have (I'll only make an exception for Moebius books). I might still go for the upcoming American hardcovers though. I have the entire series in Dutch but those are all coloured editions and I prefer Pratt's art in B&W.
    I know what you mean about double-dipping, but luckily that book is my first exposure to Corto Maltese.

I'd like to know what the IDW editions will look like, especially the limited oversized ones. I would've waited for those onstead, but I guess they won't be available for less than 40€ over here.

Btw, are the original versions of Corto b&w or in colour?

EDIT:
    Here's an excerpt from a recent interview with Dean Mullaney, head pf IDW's EuroComics imprint which will publish Corto Maltese:

"Mullaney: The series will be published in two formats: twelve trade paperbacks on a wonderfully heavy paper stock (thicker even than LOAC books!). We’ll also release the complete stories in a series of six 12“ x 16” (almost original art size) hardcovers, each including two of the trade paperbacks. These limited edition hardcovers will have a lot of background material, historical facts, and extras. Hugo Pratt was a fascinating personality, who drew on his own life’s adventure and experiences to create Corto’s adventures."

Sounds awesome! Plus if the large HCs really collect two TPBs, they're going to be massive. The first TPB has 140 pages, so with the extra material we might be looking at around 300 pages per book. That is two regular Artist's Editions!

http://www.westfieldcomics.com/blog/...-of-capricorn/
    Last edited by LordJulius; 10-16-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Not a collected edition per se, but a somptuous portfolio of Joe Colquhoun's art on Pat Mills Charley's War that I have bought yesterday.
    http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...rleys-war.html
    Hey Vark, can you tell me something about the French Spirou and Gaston limited "Artist Edition" type books (l'integrale)? Are they worth their money? On Amazon.fr they seem to get quite some negative reviews. Is that because of the cost or are there other problems?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by LordJulius; 10-16-2014 at 09:15 AM.