Page 854 of 865 FirstFirst ... 354754804844850851852853854855856857858864 ... LastLast
Results 12,796 to 12,810 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Pretty good news then as they are going for some serious coin on eBay
    Yeah. Way too much!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Me too. I heard the Aaron run is the place to start, before Aphra etc.
    It's best read together with the Gillen/LaRocca Darth Vader series. It's not as good as that but is pretty fun at the beginning until the quality starts to decline in the 20s.

Incredible Member

Does Image ever reprint its deluxe HCs outside of a new volume coming out? I missed the boat on The Fade Out and Kill or Be Killed, but with no further volumes coming out, I don't know what would give Image cause to reprint them.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Does Image ever reprint its deluxe HCs outside of a new volume coming out? I missed the boat on The Fade Out and Kill or Be Killed, but with no further volumes coming out, I don't know what would give Image cause to reprint them.
    I'm hoping for a reprint of the Kill or Be Killed deluxe as well. The Fade Out had a complete collection paperback printed, which makes me think the hardcovers won't get printed again and they'll just stick with paperbacks after the initial release of hardcovers. I need the second Deadly Class deluxe as well. Image reprinted the Black Science deluxes fairly recently though, so there might be hope there.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Any tips on when are the best time to cop a new omnibus from IST? Are new books purchasable the minute it hits midnight or is there a specific time? I'm probably going to purchase my first omnibus and that is the Roger Stern Spider-Man one coming back during April. I don't want to miss out on this one because the little of what I read from him was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Any tips on when are the best time to cop a new omnibus from IST? Are new books purchasable the minute it hits midnight or is there a specific time? I'm probably going to purchase my first omnibus and that is the Roger Stern Spider-Man one coming back during April. I don't want to miss out on this one because the little of what I read from him was fantastic.
    If you're going to use IST to purchase this omni,one thing to remember is IST new releases go on sale Tuesday afternoon.I would recommend you looking at their "coming soon" for the estimated date for purchase,and put it in your wish list.
    I live on the east coast,so it's 3:00 pm for new releases for me.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    If you're going to use IST to purchase this omni,one thing to remember is IST new releases go on sale Tuesday afternoon.I would recommend you looking at their "coming soon" for the estimated date for purchase,and put it in your wish list.
    I live on the east coast,so it's 3:00 pm for new releases for me.
    Thanks! I live in the east coast as well so this is helpful. The coming soon date says it would be on a Wednesday.

Incredible Member

Thanks! I live in the east coast as well so this is helpful. The coming soon date says it would be on a Wednesday.
    The coming soon dates are a little off. Some items say Wednesday but everything for that Wednesday gets released the Tuesday before. Some items also don't get put in stock on their "coming soon" placeholder page and IST creates a new product page when its in stock. If you want something with a Tuesday or Wednesday release date for a certain week, your best bet is to just refresh the IST home page at 3pm Eastern on Tuesdays until you start seeing the new releases update, then start looking for what you wanted.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

As Bob said, it is 3pm est but for anyone else just adjust to your time zone accordingly. I'm in Central Standard Time(cst) so for me it is 2pm, Mountain Time would be 1pm and Pacific 12 noon. Also of note is that the last month things have been a bit wonky. Some titles have posted 10-15min apart making it frustrating to fill your cart with one order before an item *might* sell out. Two weeks ago the posting was delayed to around quarter past the hour.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

No

The art ist fantastic, but the stories are very meh (not only my opinion, just do to goodreads and such...)

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    No

The art ist fantastic, but the stories are very meh (not only my opinion, just do to goodreads and such...)
    Cheers, that’s saved me some money then

I'm on the fence about those Madman books - I gave Gargantua and Atomic, and I really like Allred's art...but I have most of what the Library line is going to publish collected. Errrhggg

Incredible Member

What’s the best way you guys manage to fish image and dark horse books? I usually try to use Amazon but going by publisher on Amazon for these two companies is broken, at least on .ca, and you need to be extremely literal with the search terms because of it.

Spectacular Member

Absolutely. The characterisation, the themes of love and romance, the sheer whackiness of the stories, the world building, the creativity. Its one of the best comics of all time, regardless of the art. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but instead of buying yet another Marvel or DC book with the same characters and tropes, I think any comic collector should at least give it a try. There's nothing like it out there.
    Last edited by madave; 02-14-2021 at 04:26 AM.