Page 312 of 865 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412812 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 12974
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Excellent! I'd been wondering when this news was going to drop! Both Harbinger & XO have the Dlx vol2's announced so that leaves Archer&Armstrong's vol.2 left now it seems.
    While not being a fan of Q&W would they essentially just collect the mini's into a vol.2 for them? Seems so.
    What I'm really looking forward to come mid 2016 is that OHC Deluxe Rai vol.1 with Clayton Crain art! That book is going to be beautiful oversized!!
    Not sure if there will ever be a UNITY OHC Deluxe vol.1 as 1/2 of that titles content will already be in XO vol.2 and Armor Hunters OHC Deluxe, kind of a shame in an OCD way.

The VALIANT hardcover library is growing and a good place for newly interested parties to get on board.

New material since relaunch 2012:
    XO OHC Deluxe vol.1 & 2(solicited June '15)
    Harbinger OHC Deluxe vol.1 & 2(solicited June '15)
    Bloodshot OHC Deluxe vol.1 & 2(solicited Sep '15)
    Quantum & Woody OHC Deluxe vol.1
    Shadowman OHC Deluxe vol.1
    Archer & Armstrong OHC Deluxe vol.1
    Harbinger Wars OHC Deluxe vol.1
    Armor Hunters OHC Deluxe vol.1 (solicited May '15)

Omni's
    Classic X-O Manowar Omni: issues 0-25 of 90's run
    Classic Q&W complete series

The Masters line(standard hc) 90's OG runs
    Harbinger
    Bloodshot
    Shadowman
    Rai
    H.A.R.D. Corps
    Ninjak

Still wondering whatever happened to that Eternal Warrior Masters that was solicited Dec '14 and if that will ever re-materialize?!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Man, I'd love to see some pictures of the Swords of Glass book! It looks gorgeous and I won't get mine until June! It's bigger than an OHC, isn't it? Thanks!
    Yep it's European album size, so that's a whopping 32cm, or DC Absolute size, but wider.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I'd love to see more of it, too. From what I have seen, it is gorgeous. I really can't wait to get my hands on it.
    Yep me too. Bring it on LordJulius! please

And great haul!

Alright, alright (pesky razza-ma-frazzin $#%%?$¥#):

One more:

Wow that looks amazing!!! Glad I preordered. Should be released next week in the US and through my online LCS.

EDIT:
    Added the pictures to the front page. Also updated with more links to pictures placed in the past few weeks. Kalitarix' disclaimer had to go since space is running out on the first page of the thread.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 04-20-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Wow that looks amazing!!! Glad I preordered. Should be released next week in the US and through my online LCS.

EDIT:
    Added the pictures to the front page. Also updated with more links to pictures placed in the past few weeks. Kalitarix' disclaimer had to go since space is running out on the first page of the thread.
    Yeah, as you can see, especially the use of colour and lighting is impressive.

On a different note - two long-awaited books out this week: "Best of EC Artist's Edition Vol. 2" and "Sixth Gun Deluxe HC Vol. 2" (bet y'all forgot about the latter

Saw this in the Boom/Archaia solicits. I really liked the sound of it, especially after the publisher compared it to Blankets and I Kill Giants. Who doesn't love those eh? The first 22 pages are online, so take a look here: http://cargocollective.com/wetblackg...lk-to-Valhalla

LONG WALK TO VALHALLA OGN HC
    Retail Price: $24.99
    Author: Adam Smith
    Artist: Matthew Fox
    Cover Artist: Matthew Fox
    What’s To Love: At Archaia, we are constantly on the lookout for that next special story that moves us, so when Long Walk to Valhalla crossed our path, we knew we had something special. This stunning debut graphic novel from writer Adam Smith and artist Matthew Fox (UFOlogy) weaves a lyrical Southern fable exploring loss, family, and what it means to truly come home. Great for fans of Blankets, Fun Home, and I Kill Giants.
    What It Is: There are many things that Rory would like to forget about his childhood growing up in rural Arkansas. Sometimes, he’d even like to forget about Joe, his mentally challenged older brother, both his closest friend and biggest problem. But when a young girl named Sylvia shows up, claiming to be a Valkyrie sent by the Norse god Odin to deliver Rory to Valhalla, he will have to face the past he’s tried to lock away.

Fantastic Member

And the rest of the BOOM! / Archaia HCs:

ADVENTURE TIME: EYE CANDY VOL. 2 MATHEMATICAL EDITION HC
    Retail Price: $24.99
    Author: N/A
    Artists: Various
    Cover Artist: Design by Kelsey Dieterich
    Feast your eyes on this limited edition hardcover that collects all of the covers by a host of talented artists from Adventure Time #16-30, Adventure Time Annual #1, Adventure Time 2013 Summer Special #1, Adventure Time 2013 Spoooktacular #1, Adventure Time 2014 Winter Special #1, and Adventure Time 2014 Annual #1.

CRIMSON VOL. 1 HC
    Retail Price: $34.99
    Author: Brian Augustyn
    Artist: Humberto Ramos
    Cover Artist: Humberto Ramos
    What’s To Love: Debuting in 1998, Crimson, from creators Humberto Ramos and Brian Augustyn, was an instant hit that resonated with fans of horror, dark fantasy, and of Ramos’ distinct art style. Now, almost 15 years after its last issue was released, BOOM! will collect all 24 issues of Crimson into two hardcover volumes that will excite Ramos’ longtime fans and attract those who are curious about his earlier creator-owned work.
    What It Is: Crimson, the beloved series by Humberto Ramos (Amazing Spider-Man) and Brian Augustyn (Batman: Gotham By Gaslight), returns! For the first time ever in the prestigious hardcover format, experience Alex Elder’s ascension from vampire victim to “The Chosen One,” destined to bring about the end of all vampires! Collects the first 12 issues of the series.

THE ART OF MOUSE GUARD: 2005-2015 HC
    Retail Price: $59.99
    Author: David Petersen
    Artists: David Petersen, Mike Mignola, Stan Sakai, Geof Darrow, Various
    Cover Artist: David Petersen
    What’s To Love: Since its debut in 2005, David Petersen’s Mouse Guard has been a New York Times bestseller, won Eisner and Harvey awards, and has become an influential staple of the comics industry, earning thousands of fans. In honor of the 10-year anniversary of the series’ debut issue, The Art of Mouse Guard: 2005-2015 is a celebration of the beautiful world, memorable characters, and intensive artistic process of David Petersen’s beloved series.
    What It Is: Celebrate the first 10 years of a comics classic from the very first sketch. For the first time since the series debut, David Petersen’s process for creating the world of Mouse Guard and bringing it to life in stunning illustration is documented in exquisite detail. With never-before-seen sketches; 100 pages of full-color, oversized artwork; and commentary from colleagues, collaborators, and Petersen himself, readers and fans get an unprecedented look behind-the-pages at how their favorite characters and adventures were born.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    One more:

Amazing! Thanks a lot! Does it come in a slipcase?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Masters line(standard hc) 90's OG runs
    Harbinger
    Bloodshot
    Shadowman
    Rai
    H.A.R.D. Corps
    Ninjak

Still wondering whatever happened to that Eternal Warrior Masters that was solicited Dec '14 and if that will ever re-materialize?!
    There's Archer and Armstrong and X-O volumes, too. The A&A is kinda expensive on the secondary market. Worth it for Barry Windsor-Smith, though.

Amazing! Thanks a lot! Does it come in a slipcase?
    Nope.

As for the size of the book, just compare it to Sex Criminals and Thor in my pic on the page before. They are both OHCs and as you can see, SoG is considerably larger.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yep it's European album size, so that's a whopping 32cm, or DC Absolute size, but wider.

Yep me too. Bring it on LordJulius! please

And great haul!
    Then, most of the stuff Humanoids publishes, which is 10.8 inches tall, is scaled down? Or are some european albums 10.8 inches tall?

Then, most of the stuff Humanoids publishes, which is 10.8 inches tall, is scaled down? Or are some european albums 10.8 inches tall?
    I thought european albums are always oversized compared to a standard american trade/hc. I would be interested behind the reasoning why this book is oversized but for example Millennium wasn't.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    There's Archer and Armstrong and X-O volumes, too. The A&A is kinda expensive on the secondary market. Worth it for Barry Windsor-Smith, though.
    Those aren't technically classified as Masters editions but they are out there.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I thought european albums are always oversized compared to a standard american trade/hc. I would be interested behind the reasoning why this book is oversized but for example Millennium wasn't.
    Yep scaled down, which is probably due to the cost of the book. Humanoids' strategy seems to be to release complete stories. Collecting 6 or 7 volumes in one book, would make the retail price quite high and fewer people would buy it if published at original size. At least that's my two cents ☺️