Page 259 of 865 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Have you already taken a few looks at Dream Logic? How is it?
    It's a truly gorgeous book. Fantastic binding and very thick paper. And it's huge, in between an Omnibus and an Absolute, but wider.

Now, bear in mind that it's not a comic book. It's an art book in which Mack describes his artistic process and techniques. If you're a David Mack fan, go for it!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Sweet Jesus! And I thought my Punisher collection was something.....

Questions: what's Zap Comix? Is it old stuff?

Daomu is on my wish list, can you post some pics?

Same with Dream Logic, pictures would be great.
    Here is Daomu:

Holy mother Roland. What an amazing pile of books!! It oozes quality and diversity right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Hey, I wouldn't call that a bad deal at all! My own copy of The Complete Little Nemo was ordered through them during that same time and it arrived pretty much the same way. Kinda wish I'd gotten it there when I had the chance now but ah well.

lvizzz, there's hundreds of articles online about Zap but if you're interested then I'd say the Comics Journal is the best site to check since Fantagraphics of course own it. It's a series of underground comics started in the late '60's, decade of the youth counterculture which in Zap's case meant being as offensive as possible. Do yourself a favour and tap into Google the words "Zap comix S. Clay Wilson" for some of the most I-do-not-give-a-single-fuck comics ever. It's bloody brilliant.
    Shouldn't have checked it, I liked what I've seen but price tag for this collection is stupid. I have only one book from Fb which is Tardi collection about WWI and it's great but it wasn't expensive at all.

Being said that, I'm thinking about getting Eightball collection....

Spectacular Member

Shouldn't have checked it, I liked what I've seen but price tag for this collection is stupid. I have only one book from Fb which is Tardi collection about WWI and it's great but it wasn't expensive at all.
    To be fair though, compared to the Tardi collection and numerous other high quality sets by Fantagraphics, the Complete Zap Comix is a limited collector's item. Just look at their preview video of the thing - the quality is insane. It would probably be a bit cheaper without the portfolio, which is every cover printed on gyclee prints, but as I said, this first release is made for those with money to spend and I think you're getting your money's worth. Now, something like Taschen's $1000 Robert Crumb Sketchbook sets...well, that's another matter entirely and I'm certainly glad I only bought mine at a much cheaper price.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    I eventually found it in the 2nd WH Smith I tried. Good little hardcover, I'd recommend it.
    Yeah, I grabbed one from Forbidden Planet, for £1.99 it was a no brainer. Won't be buying any of the full price ones, but the first issue is an excellent replacement for my beat up old America TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Yeah, I grabbed one from Forbidden Planet, for £1.99 it was a no brainer. Won't be buying any of the full price ones, but the first issue is an excellent replacement for my beat up old America TPB.
    hopefully my flatmate will bring one home tomorrow morning. If it's anything like the Marvel ultimate gn colection hc-s, than I think they worth 9.99 pounds (despite the ugly cover on the Marvel ones).

Got mine (JD mega collection) and I'm very impressed. The cover looks really good, I love the design (it's lightyears better than the Marvel counterpart). Nice standard hc, good paperstock and a huuge Brian Bolland poster. I think it's worth 9.99 too but for 1.99 it was almost free Definitelly gonna follow the line but I don't want to subscribe because I heard bad things about the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Got mine (JD mega collection) and I'm very impressed. The cover looks really good, I love the design (it's lightyears better than the Marvel counterpart). Nice standard hc, good paperstock and a huuge Brian Bolland poster. I think it's worth 9.99 too but for 1.99 it was almost free Definitelly gonna follow the line but I don't want to subscribe because I heard bad things about the service.
    What things?

I would like to get me some JD collection but what always puts me off is official one is softcovers only. I'd try this one, don't mind subscription as long as it's good one.

What things?

I would like to get me some JD collection but what always puts me off is official one is softcovers only. I'd try this one, don't mind subscription as long as it's good one.
    I heard people get their books late or didn't get them at all and the costumer service was quite bad too (no response, no refund. Heard similar things about Eaglemoss' subscription system too. Donno what's up with subscriptions nowadays).
    Go and get this first one! Even if you don't like it you can sell it on ebay for much more a few months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post

Here is Daomu:
    Do you have a pic of where is says 1/350 or is that just my copy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    My copy is 3/350 or 5/350, don't remember now

New books!! The Absolute Batman Inc is just beautiful. Expensive but beautiful! The rest is euro stuff. Been dying to read that Tardi book. I was so impressed with the first volume!

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    They usally do limited runs with prints/slipcases. I have Naja and Zaya and they look great.

Fantastic Member

They usally do limited runs with prints/slipcases. I have Naja and Zaya and they look great.
    As I understand, now they made only the first 350 copies of Daomu and Love: Tiger with numbered prints. No slipcased versions for these books