Page 563 of 865 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573613663 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 12974
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Hellboy is the best with the 6 LE-s.
    I would say MArvel's ohc-s are pretty good with the binding and yes they lowered the quality in recent years but the ohc-s open pretty well if that's a dealbreaker for you.
    Invincible is collected in ohc-s as well, great series.
    Buffy.
    I know about Hellboy and Buffy (they're on my huge wishlist) XD But I mean is it possible to pick up a large portion or everything of certain heroes such as Captain America or Spiderman (or other heroes) in omni's or OHC's

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    I know about Hellboy and Buffy (they're on my huge wishlist) XD But I mean is it possible to pick up a large portion or everything of certain heroes such as Captain America or Spiderman (or other heroes) in omni's or OHC's
    nah, even if they publish a lot of stuff some of them will be oop. Like the Brubaker Cap, the whole thing gets omnid but the first 3 or 4 are oop.
    There might be ohc-s for most of Slott's Spider-man but I'm not sure about the beginning of Big Time.
    There are a lot of X-men ohc-s from the start of UXM but there are still gaps and some stuff are white whales or at least Inferno.
    Daredevil got ohc-s from Kevin Smith's run and with some searching you can get those for reasonable prices but the Brubaker run only got omnis and those are oop then no Shadowland ohc-s and then we got 5 Waid ohc-s, last one just came out.

Amazing Member

Did Morning Glories get cancelled or is it just taking a break? It's been a while since the third hardcover came out.

Mighty Member

I seen it solicited in the past couple months. I think they finally wrapped up season 2 so hopefully we'll get that 4th ohc soonish.

BANNED

IDW solicits

From Hell HC -- SPOTLIGHT
    Alan Moore (w) • Eddie Campbell (a & c)
    Two of the greatest creators in the history of comics. Eleven unsolved murders. One sprawling conspiracy, one metropolis on the brink of the twentieth century, and one bloody-minded Ripper ushering London into the modern age of terror. From Hell, often ranked among the greatest graphic novels of all time, is now available in a handsome hardcover edition, with a brand new cover.
    HC • B&W • $39.99 • 560 pages • 7.625" x 10" • ISBN: 978-1-60309-397-2
    •"As ambitious and affecting as anything ever rendered in pictures and word balloons…" -- Salon.com
    •Advance solicited for September release!
    IDW will publish a From Hell hardcover :')

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    IDW solicits

They have absorbed Top Shelf a while back, so it was expected. I don't understand though why going for a quite similar edition than the Top Shelf one.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    They have absorbed Top Shelf a while back, so it was expected. I don't understand though why going for a quite similar edition than the Top Shelf one.
    at least this one will be in print? also wasn't that limited edition? I can only find the library binding and that's not top shelf.
    the weird thing is they did the slipcase tpb then now this.
    Same weirdness with March. Small hc-s, large ohc then small hc slipcase... why?
    Btw I heard really good thing about March, not sure what to get though. Get the small hc-s slipcase for cheaper than the large ones and at least get the whole story at once or get the ohc-s cause ohc is the way to go?

Mighty Member

Got the first march book from the library but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Wish from hell was bigger, but its a hc so I'll probably pick it up.

at least this one will be in print? also wasn't that limited edition? I can only find the library binding and that's not top shelf.
    the weird thing is they did the slipcase tpb then now this.
    Same weirdness with March. Small hc-s, large ohc then small hc slipcase... why?
    Btw I heard really good thing about March, not sure what to get though. Get the small hc-s slipcase for cheaper than the large ones and at least get the whole story at once or get the ohc-s cause ohc is the way to go?
    If there's a hc box set to be published with the same print quality as the first volume, I'd say go for that. I was disappointed by the OHC, that was printed too dark, resulting in loss of details.

EDIT:
    I think you're mistaken though. The solicitation describes the box-set as one that contains tpb's. Or perhaps I missed something (hope so).

Congressman John Lewis & Andrew Aydin (w) • Nate Powell (a & c)
    The #1 New York Times bestselling trilogy is complete! Celebrate with this commemorative set containing all three volumes of March in a stunning new slipcase!
    TPB w/slipcase • BW • $49.99 • 560 pages • 6.5" x 9.5" x 2" • ISBN: 978-1-60309-395-8
    •Slipcase cover illustrated by Nate Powell, colored by Jose Villarubia, and designed by Chris Ross!
    Last edited by MartinNL; 05-18-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    If there's a hc box set to be published with the same print quality as the first volume, I'd say go for that. I was disappointed by the OHC, that was printed too dark, resulting in loss of details.

EDIT:
    I think you're mistaken though. The solicitation describes the box-set as one that contains tpb's. Or perhaps I missed something (hope so).

Congressman John Lewis & Andrew Aydin (w) • Nate Powell (a & c)
    The #1 New York Times bestselling trilogy is complete! Celebrate with this commemorative set containing all three volumes of March in a stunning new slipcase!
    TPB w/slipcase • BW • $49.99 • 560 pages • 6.5" x 9.5" x 2" • ISBN: 978-1-60309-395-8
    •Slipcase cover illustrated by Nate Powell, colored by Jose Villarubia, and designed by Chris Ross!
    oh yeah, no, you are right I thought the box set will be hc.
    So you say the small hc-s are the way to go?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    IDW solicits

I'd be in for this one. From Hell has been on my list for a bit, just never got around to getting it. Was eyeing the boxset with the companion. Any reason to get that boxset over the forthcoming hardcover? I do prefer hardcovers, if that means anything.

oh yeah, no, you are right I thought the box set will be hc.
    So you say the small hc-s are the way to go?
    Yes definitely, but they're unfortunately Top Shelf webshop only exclusive. So wait until they have their annual sale, since having them shipped across the pond is ridiculously pricey!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yes definitely, but they're unfortunately Top Shelf webshop only exclusive. So wait until they have their annual sale, since having them shipped across the pond is ridiculously pricey!
    I wouldn't bet on that annual sale anymore since they were bought out. I dont recall them having one last year when i was keeping an eye out for it.

Incredible Member

For the OCD crowd: I give you the Lazarus v2 spine... Minor, but it might drive some people crazy. (And yes I realize I put Local back in the wrong spot haha)

Last edited by pud333; 05-18-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Mighty Member

God damn it......this is getting ridiculous.