Page 411 of 865 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    I'd call my latest haul 'Fuck Marvel'. At last I did put my hands on comics sitting in Poland for months, unfortunately I couldn't bring all of them to UK, just too bloody heavy, but read some stuff I hd to leave there like 9 issues of XIII, Lobo and Red Son.

Have some white whales of mine: Echo in HC, great story, couldn't believe how good it was, like a King's book. Technopriests in slipcase - can't believe I was able to grab it for normal price, only 999 copies - is still waiting on it's time but I'm happy how it looks.

Comic book market is booming in Poland, there are so many new books, new publishers, releases happening pretty much same time as in western Europe, same licences are bought I guess. Quality is second to none, lots of hardcovers, great paper, only translators could be better sometimes. And freakkin Lobo, man! Got it in HC and in deluxe, one of the best comics I've read as a kid. I know one publisher will be even doing Daredevil in OHC's, and that's in polish! Not an omnibus, market is not THAT big, but still very impressive.

[/URL]
    Fantastic haul! Does the Rork book contain Rork 0 in colour or b/w? Such a beautiful book! XIII is on my to get list someday soon. We've got this huge box containing the first 18 book in hardcover too. Only read vol. 1 in sc to try it out and I'm definitely sold on that! Have fun and let us know how the series is.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    It looks like Remender loves the "absolute" size. Black Science is also going to be that size.
    That is awesome. I didn't know that. Now that 50$ price tag is quite the bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by ultlife2013 View Post
    How much did you want for the trades?
    Unfortunately I'm from Italy, I don't think the deal is possible

Fantastic Member

The deluxe edition of The private eye is up for pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/Private-Eye-De...n%3A7421485011

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    The deluxe edition of The private eye is up for pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/Private-Eye-De...n%3A7421485011
    Anybody recommend this? I've seen some art on google and it looks pretty neat

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Anybody recommend this? I've seen some art on google and it looks pretty neat
    yeah, good stuff. I think I've read up to the last or second to last issue, maybe even bought the remaining issues as well but just couldn't sit at the computer and read. Definitely gonna buy this hc.

How many issues was private eye?

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    How many issues was private eye?
    It was 10 digital issues. You can read them all online on www.panelsyndicate.com

My latest acquisition is the Frank Miller daredevil artifact edition. surprisingly it also contains some art from the Wolverine miniseries, Amazing Spider-Man annual #15 and non Daredevil Elektra pieces. This was almost my only haul for the past 3 months because I have put all my money in August on the Watchmen Artifact edition (the one limited to 25 copies).

http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...-artifact.html

Incredible Member

Sat down in an evening browsing my amazon wishlist to see if theres any interesting price drops

Hmmmm....looks like the pricing bots have run a little bit rampant there.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Sat down in an evening browsing my amazon wishlist to see if theres any interesting price drops

This is unbelievable!!! Why would you buy a "like new" copy when you can get a "new" one for the same price!

Oh, and: why the heck are these still on your wishlist? Get them! They're amazing. I've said it before, but while Rosa isn't as accomplished an artist as Barks, I think his timing when it comes to humour is near perfect (and better than Barks', imo).
    Last edited by LordJulius; 09-08-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Spectacular Member

Is that even obtainable anywhere now?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post

Anyone know how these pricebots work? They seem somewhat arbitrary, but if one was to say make a listing at 9 dollars would they adjust their prices accordingly?

Fantastic Member

I need some advice on Jon Sable. I noticed an omnibus vol. 1 listed as being released this week. Since Mike Grell is pretty awesome and I've only heard good things about the series, I started looking for the best price. This is when I saw IDW had already put out omnibus of the series (with almost the exact page count) in 2010. Now, I know IDW puts out quality stuff generally. I can buy this one used for about $16. The new version doesn't seem to be discounted so would be $40. Both are paperback and I believe 7 by 9, thus undersized. There are also shorter "complete Jon sable" trades which are super cheap and hardcover versions of those which can be had for about 50% off. All seem to be in this undersized format.

So I guess my question is just what format is best to get this in?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Fantastic haul! Does the Rork book contain Rork 0 in colour or b/w? Such a beautiful book! XIII is on my to get list someday soon. We've got this huge box containing the first 18 book in hardcover too. Only read vol. 1 in sc to try it out and I'm definitely sold on that! Have fun and let us know how the series is.

That is awesome. I didn't know that. Now that 50$ price tag is quite the bargain!
    Rork 0 is b/w.

XIII is good, very 80's felling, art is super detailed, if you like conspiracy theories, Bourne movies, that's stuff for you, althought I find dialogue a bit off and artificial but it might be caused by polish translation. Wouldn't say it's great or want to compare it to, let say, Thorgal, but again not many things can be compared to Thorgal, can't they? I liked what I've read so far, but I'm not crazy about it. Good, solid spy comic.

Fantastic Member

Man, I sure prefer Dark Horses premiere HCs pricing on Amazon to Image's. Black Science is up for $59 cdn...The Goon $28! The Fatale HCs are nearly $60 as well. That's crazy considering they are much smaller volumes than the Fear Agent books.