Page 435 of 865 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    What are your guys' opionions on Satellite Sam and Wayward by Image? The deluxe editions are dropping today but I've heard no one on this board mention either of them at all.
    Is Satelite Sam coming out today? Amazon says October 29 and can't see it anywhere else either, usually some of the online shops have them when they come out (wordery, bookdepository or booksanywhere)

The Bloodshot Deluxe vol.2 is out too. Just ordered it from IST along with Batman Year 100, Satellite Sam and Wayward.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Is Satelite Sam coming out today? Amazon says October 29 and can't see it anywhere else either, usually some of the online shops have them when they come out (wordery, bookdepository or booksanywhere)
    Image's release dates are all over the place with amazon. Image doesn't give much notice when the dates are updated so you pretty much can't trust the Amazon dates. Amazon has Deadly Class vol 3 coming out on the 22nd and got it in last week. Most of the time they get them in stock on Wednesdays from the pre-orders I've had.

Amazing Member

Anyone pick up the Satellite Sam Deluxe? Is it oversized or more along the lines of Southern Bastards?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billabonghotrod View Post
    The Bloodshot Deluxe vol.2 is out too. Just ordered it from IST along with Batman Year 100, Satellite Sam and Wayward.
    I saved Bloodshot Dlx vol.2 till next week & going to order with Hawkeye Omni.
    Since IST price doesn't move much on non Marvel/DC books from "opening week".
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Just received my new Disney Hardcover to go nicely with the Gottfredson, Barks and Rosa Library's from Fanta.
    20151014_185942.jpg20151014_190001.jpg20151014_190018.jpg

Any recommendations for good The Phantom hardcovers? I've seen lot of reprints of various series but I have no idea which is worth reading and which isn't if any.
    Also, lot of them are oop sadly.
    Or any of the newer series?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    What are your guys' opionions on Satellite Sam and Wayward by Image? The deluxe editions are dropping today but I've heard no one on this board mention either of them at all.
    Satellite Sam is black and white art, so count me out. When I first heard about the series I really realllllly wanted to read it after reading Fraction's Hawkeye, but when I found out it was black and white, I didn't bother with it. Wayward on the other hand, I've asked about here before and was told it's basically Buffy in Japan with monsters and not just vampires. Which sounds neat to me!

I would also love to know if they're oversized.. Saw a picture but it was only of the front cover. I gave in and kept my Southern Bastards standard hardcover as I don't know if Image will reprint it Oversized anytime soon. I think they've thought better of such things after their attempt with the Invincible Libraries, which I still think they should continue over the Ultimate Collections, but it looks like they'll finish out the Chew Smorgasbord editions though!
    Last edited by TheTemp; 10-14-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I would also love to know if they're oversized.. Saw a picture but it was only of the front cover. I gave in and kept my Southern Bastards standard hardcover as I don't know if Image will reprint it Oversized anytime soon. I think they've thought better of such things after their attempt with the Invincible Libraries, which I still think they should continue over the Ultimate Collections, but it looks like they'll finish out the Chew Smorgasbord editions though!
    I have just got hold of the 3 invincible library editions, I thought about not bothering as the rest of the collection are just going to be ohc's but I love big books, so I have decided to mix and match, I hope they don't give up on the chee smorgasbord editions, did Image ever give a reason for cancelling the invincible LE's?

I can confirm that Satellite Sam is oversized (I've seen some pics). Southern Bastards is the "strange one"... there is nothing to worry about the other deluxe editions.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_NL View Post
    Just received my new Disney Hardcover to go nicely with the Gottfredson, Barks and Rosa Library's from Fanta.
    20151014_185942.jpg20151014_190001.jpg20151014_190018.jpg
    Thanks. I'm start to think about buying it for myself in addition to my Fantagraphics books.

Parker Martini edition is awesome, one hell of a book, and I got myself edition with variant slipcase, only 250 copies and there are still available. Pics will followe when - and if - I get it signed.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Parker Martini edition is awesome, one hell of a book, and I got myself edition with variant slipcase, only 250 copies and there are still available. Pics will followe when - and if - I get it signed.
    Have you seen this anywhere cheap? I want to try it out, it was £29 on speedyhen but sold out, £55 on Amazon but I'm not paying that, sight unseen, also is it an actual comic or novel with illustrations?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Have you seen this anywhere cheap? I want to try it out, it was £29 on speedyhen but sold out, £55 on Amazon but I'm not paying that, sight unseen, also is it an actual comic or novel with illustrations?
    Can you get to London ant time? They have one in the central Forbidden Planet in the sales section, about £40 I think.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Can't help you with the price but it's one beautiful book. It's an actual comic (it has some prose short stories as extra's but the main stories are all full comics) and a pretty damn good one at that. Top shelf crime stories with brilliant art by Cooke (I normally find Cooke's art a bit too cartoony but it actually worked amazingly well in this noir world). And a very, very beautiful hardcover.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47