Page 858 of 865 FirstFirst ... 358758808848854855856857858859860861862 ... LastLast
Results 12,856 to 12,870 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I can stock more in the Kallax. The Billy tends to bend in the middle if it's to heavy.
    Gotcha. Thank you, citizen.

Spectacular Member

You can pick up a 40cm wide Billy instead of the 80cm version. They just need a single Morliden door instead of two. I've got my omnibus editions in them and have no sagging at all, plus the shelves are also adjustable. But, as someone mentioned earlier, the greater depth of the Kallax gives you the option to stack two sets of books in each cube, where as the Billy is only deep enough for one set.

Think about the dimensions of your room and decide what best fits your needs. I've got a combination of 40cm Billys on one side and Kallax/Detolf on the other. I'd have liked Kallaxes on both sides but my display room's too narrow to accommodate that without looking crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMad View Post
    You can pick up a 40cm wide Billy instead of the 80cm version. They just need a single Morliden door instead of two. I've got my omnibus editions in them and have no sagging at all, plus the shelves are also adjustable. But, as someone mentioned earlier, the greater depth of the Kallax gives you the option to stack two sets of books in each cube, where as the Billy is only deep enough for one set.

Think about the dimensions of your room and decide what best fits your needs. I've got a combination of 40cm Billys on one side and Kallax/Detolf on the other. I'd have liked Kallaxes on both sides but my display room's too narrow to accommodate that without looking crowded.
    I have Kallaxes on both sides of my landing, under a diagonal roof. By stacking the Kallaxes I can make optimal use of the space.

Spectacular Member

That's making me feel a bit jealous, as I'm running out of space with my Billy/Kallax setup! There's no way I could store my collection in my landing or any other room though. I've got a four and two year that are both careful around my stuff, but I wouldn't want to risk leaving it in an accessible room when I'm not watching them

My office is a converted garage, which is why it's a bit too narrow to have Kallax cabinets on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I recently got the Complete Witchblade Hardcover vol.2. Even though it is standard size I like the look of the book.
    However, volume 1 which only came out last September is already OOP.

Were the HC's a lower print run, does anyone know? Finding one is tough. Not on Ebay and third party Amazon dealers want x2 MSRP already.
    Reprint hopes?
    Did this ever show up on IST? I can't find it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Did this ever show up on IST? I can't find it.
    Not the Hardcovers. The softcover TPB did, not sure if they are still on there.
    I had to go with Amazon to even get the HC of vol.2
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Not the Hardcovers. The softcover TPB did, not sure if they are still on there.
    I had to go with Amazon to even get the HC of vol.2
    Hmm, I bought the first hardcover and the one for The Darkness off of IST. Maybe I'll send them an email...

I should pick them up now if you can. There are a few which are hard to find already.
    Thanks, looks like vol.2 is selling out places. I ordered one but it hasn’t shipped yet, not too confident that it will but we’ll see.

Spectacular Member

I can stock more in the Kallax. The Billy tends to bend in the middle if it's to heavy.
    Agreed on this- Billy's struggle particularly with Omnibus editions- unless its the centre shelf, they end up curving under the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Agreed on this- Billy's struggle particularly with Omnibus editions- unless its the centre shelf, they end up curving under the weight.
    That's what half-width Billies are for - those things will never sag.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Change out the Billy for a Kallax. With Kallax you can put books two deep on each shelf. That will at least solve some space issues.

Otherwise, start figuring out what books to sell.
    I do have JUST enough room for what I have now, with a bit to spare, so I think I'm just gonna round out my collection with a few more books that are down the pike, and finish my omni/absolute collection for good.

My final books should be...

- Hulk by David vol 3
    - Batman by Snyder vol 2
    - Absolute Swamp Thing by Moore vol 3
    - Excalibur by Davis vol 4

That should put a nice ribbon on my collection and I can retire from the game.

Soooooo, is there a chance Invincible will get the omnibus treatment, or are we just stuck with the compendiums for the foreseeable future? Apologies if this has been answered already, but I have yet to find any useful information regarding this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I do have JUST enough room for what I have now, with a bit to spare, so I think I'm just gonna round out my collection with a few more books that are down the pike, and finish my omni/absolute collection for good.

My final books should be...

- Hulk by David vol 3
    - Batman by Snyder vol 2
    - Absolute Swamp Thing by Moore vol 3
    - Excalibur by Davis vol 4

That should put a nice ribbon on my collection and I can retire from the game.
    But what about Hulk by David 4+5? What about X-factor by David V2,3,4 which will be the X-factor investigations material?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Soooooo, is there a chance Invincible will get the omnibus treatment, or are we just stuck with the compendiums for the foreseeable future? Apologies if this has been answered already, but I have yet to find any useful information regarding this.
    It's Image, so I don't think there will be an omnibus format.

It's Image, so I don't think there will be an omnibus format.
    It would be nice if they decided to finish the slipcase versions