Page 851 of 865 FirstFirst ... 351751801841847848849850851852853854855861 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,765 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have a picture of various Dark Horse Library Editions to compare sizes/heights between different series?

I know it sounds like a minor problem, but I'll have to do some shelf rearranging to fit them, depending on which size they are, since I know they definitely come in at least two different sizes. My Mass Effect Vol 1 and Black Hammer Vol 1 are different sizes, so I'm curious if most are like the former or the latter.
    I don't know anything about the mass effect book but I have a dozen or so library editions and they are all the same size as black hammer.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    I don't know anything about the mass effect book but I have a dozen or so library editions and they are all the same size as black hammer.
    Awesome, thanks! Yeah, Mass Effect (well, Volume 1 at least) is the same size as books like Valve Presents and Hyrule Historia. The original prints, anyway, I don't know if they've reprinted them at any point in BH size.

Incredible Member

Anyone picking up the From Hell: Master Edition?
    I've never read the story, so I'm debating between the uncolored and colored versions.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Anyone picking up the From Hell: Master Edition?
    I've never read the story, so I'm debating between the uncolored and colored versions.
    It's on my pre-order list but I don't know what to expect. I own it in black & white and have never thought 'this needs colour', but it should make for an interesting alternative (I think lol)

Anyone know whatever happened to the 3rd Archie Varsity edition?

A recommendation given to me very early on here was the "Message to Adolf" manga series. The books were out of print at the time though.

They seem to have had a restock and they are going cheap on Blackwells (£16/€22).

Message to Adolf Vol. 1 & Message to Adolf Vol. 2

Funny, my purchases this week are all big green monsters:

- Absolute Swamp Thing by Alan Moore vol. 2
    - Hulk by Peter David Omnibus vol. 2
    - She-Hulk by Dan Slott Omnibus

Has anyone ever ordered directly from BOOM! Studios?

After receiving 2 damaged copies of MMPR "Beyond The Grid" from Amazon & IST not having any stock, I placed an order directly with BOOM!

Curious about their packaging...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    A recommendation given to me very early on here was the "Message to Adolf" manga series. The books were out of print at the time though.

They seem to have had a restock and they are going cheap on Blackwells (£16/€22).

Message to Adolf Vol. 1 & Message to Adolf Vol. 2
    I am thinking about buying these. How do you like them? Worth the investment?

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    I am thinking about buying these. How do you like them? Worth the investment?
    I quite like what I got to check out so far. It's a slow burn thriller, or drama really. Surprising amount of dialogue for a manga, so you get your money's worth.

If you are buying them, Bookdepository now has them for cheaper than Blackwells btw.

Does anyone else have an issue with fingerprints? Ever single omni I have with the high glossy paper I get fingerprints wherever there is black. It's mostly around the edges but it's annoying. The matted paper DC has been using for the last few years is amazing imo for this reason alone, zero finger prints.

I feel like I need to wear gloves just to read my books. Super annoying. Anyone else even notice or am I being ridiculous?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Does anyone else have an issue with fingerprints? Ever single omni I have with the high glossy paper I get fingerprints wherever there is black. It's mostly around the edges but it's annoying. The matted paper DC has been using for the last few years is amazing imo for this reason alone, zero finger prints.

I feel like I need to wear gloves just to read my books. Super annoying. Anyone else even notice or am I being ridiculous?
    I haven't noticed, but I'm now going to unavoidably be hyper aware of it haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post

Same. You have to wash your hands before you read the books... even if you think they aren’t dirty... use soap to get the oils off your hands... that will help immensely... but yes this did happen until I started doing that. And just be aware of the black... don’t touch your face and then the book...

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Same. You have to wash your hands before you read the books... even if you think they aren’t dirty... use soap to get the oils off your hands... that will help immensely... but yes this did happen until I started doing that. And just be aware of the black... don’t touch your face and then the book...
    I 2nd this.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I haven't noticed, but I'm now going to unavoidably be hyper aware of it haha

Sorry...last thing I wanted to do was infect another with my ocd