Page 829 of 865 FirstFirst ... 329729779819825826827828829830831832833839 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,435 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    I’ve picked up the first ~5 trades at cons at >50% off but my ‘to read’ pile is pretty dang big. Bad on me as I’m friends with Jae. Artist lineup through the three overarching arcs (Dark Tower, Gunslinger, Drawing of the Three) was pretty stellar. Gallery 13 picked up the rights to reprint. Breakdown here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower_(comics)
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    This seems to be a reprint of Marvel's second Dark Tower Omnibus
    Yeah, this looks like it's just the middle third or so of the entire series. I'll be passing on it. Thanks guys.

Mighty Member

Can anyone comment on the Aftershock HCs? Size and/or build quality. I've been enjoying the stuff I've sampled via trade, but the HCs are a little pricey for a blind buy

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Can anyone comment on the Aftershock HCs? Size and/or build quality. I've been enjoying the stuff I've sampled via trade, but the HCs are a little pricey for a blind buy
    What i've sampled is generally good. None of the series are that long so the HC's are pretty thin and so dont particularly suffer from any binding issues. Paper quality is good.
    Size seems to vary series to series. From what i have, Insexts is standard trim, Dreaming Eagles and Witch Hammer are over-sized.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    What i've sampled is generally good. None of the series are that long so the HC's are pretty thin and so dont particularly suffer from any binding issues. Paper quality is good.
    Size seems to vary series to series. From what i have, Insexts is standard trim, Dreaming Eagles and Witch Hammer are over-sized.
    Thanks. May just stick with the trades then

Has anyone heard about any more Moebius Library books coming from Dark Horse? Nothing is listed/teased at the end of the third and final Inside Moebius...

All-New Member

Has anyone heard about any more Moebius Library books coming from Dark Horse? Nothing is listed/teased at the end of the third and final Inside Moebius...
    I've been looking for information about this daily, but I think there's nothing yet. I've been really happy with what has been done so far but this snippet from a few years back has had me on tenterhooks for what could be

"We’re launching with The World of Edena, The Art of Edena, and Inside Moebius Parts 1, 2, and 3 - all hardcovers in the same 8.375" x 10.875" format - and a project in a larger format, The Art of Moebius, will follow" says Simon [Philip R. Simon, the Senior Editor at Dark Horse tasked with bringing the Moebius catalog to English - and seemingly, a super nice fellow]. "The tricky part will be figuring out where to go next. There is certainly a wealth of material, and we’re looking at more art books, books in odd formats, and collections of interviews with the storytelling master as we build the line, in addition to more deluxe hardcovers that will serve as definitive English-language editions of Mr. Giraud’s graphic novels, short story collections, and illustration retrospectives."
    https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/d...-edena-english

Arg! So much potential - so much silence!

But certainly, it's been great so far...
    Last edited by Firstish; 02-11-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstish View Post
    I've been looking for information about this daily, but I think there's nothing yet. I've been really happy with what has been done so far but this snippet from a few years back has had me on tenterhooks for what could be

“We’re launching with The World of Edena, The Art of Edena, and Inside Moebius Parts 1, 2, and 3—all hardcovers in the same 8.375" x 10.875" format—and a project in a larger format, The Art of Moebius, will follow,” says Simon [Philip R. Simon, the Senior Editor at Dark Horse tasked with bringing the Moebius catalog to English - and seemingly, a super nice fellow]. “The tricky part will be figuring out where to go next. There is certainly a wealth of material, and we’re looking at more art books, books in odd formats, and collections of interviews with the storytelling master as we build the line, in addition to more deluxe hardcovers that will serve as definitive English-language editions of Mr. Giraud’s graphic novels, short story collections, and illustration retrospectives.”
    https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/d...-edena-english

Arg! So much potential - so much silence!

But certainly, it's been great so far...
    Hmmm, I see. I mean, Airtight Garage and Arzach pop out to me immediately - I really want to read them after Inside Moebius. Of course, there's always Blueberry too.

Oh well, I'll keep an eye on solicits and hope...

Hmmm, I see. I mean, Airtight Garage and Arzach pop out to me immediately - I really want to read them after Inside Moebius. Of course, there's always Blueberry too.

Oh well, I'll keep an eye on solicits and hope...
    Same! I managed to pick up all of Blueberry from Graphitti Designs
    B77F8ECE-0BAC-4FB1-8BED-6386817711D9.jpg.

Love all the European greats getting their English due with Dark Horse, Titan, IDW, etc. Manga greats too with nice hardcover editions. Great time to be a collector!

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Completely unfamiliar with Boom! Studios and if they re-print books, but any indication if the two Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Deluxe versions will ever be re-printed? I cannot believe how much they are going for on eBay at the moment.

How long ago did these come out?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Completely unfamiliar with Boom! Studios and if they re-print books, but any indication if the two Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Deluxe versions will ever be re-printed? I cannot believe how much they are going for on eBay at the moment.

Year 2 came out fall 2018 and Year 1 fall 2017. While the books were nice and the stories solid, i had to sell them when i saw those aftermarket prices. Still can't believe people pay that much for something that could get a reprint at any moment.

Amazon has the listing up for the Shattered Grid deluxe (basically v3) as well

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Year 2 came out fall 2018 and Year 1 fall 2017. While the books were nice and the stories solid, i had to sell them when i saw those aftermarket prices. Still can't believe people pay that much for something that could get a reprint at any moment.

Amazon has the listing up for the Shattered Grid deluxe (basically v3) as well
    Wow, so they are pretty recent releases and already OOP

I really hope they get a re-print or omnibus collection. I want to jump in, but getting paperbacks knowing there are deluxe editions out there drives me nuts. But no way I am paying those prices.

I picked up the new Incal slipcase as I missed out on the original a few years ago and have the standard size hardcover. I have the other Jodo-verse slipcases, and they're basically absolutes, just a little deeper. I figured this to be a reprint. This new one, however, is completely different. I'll see if I can get pics up this weekend. It's basically like the Metal Gear slipcase Dark Horse put out the other year in that you "open" the part of the slipcase to slide the book out.

Interesting, and unexpected.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

Volume 2 is still readily available on Amazon.