Page 829 of 829 FirstFirst ... 329729779819825826827828829
Results 12,421 to 12,428 of 12428

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Can anybody educate me on the Dark Tower comics? I know it's an adaptation of the Stephen King novels, but I've never read any of it. Any good? It's a pretty solid lineup of artists. I know there was a couple of omnis that I think are now oop. I'm asking because I just came across this new listing on Amazon for a hardcover box set. Does this look like the entire comic run? Interestingly it's being published by "Gallery 13" (never heard of them), and not Marvel.

https://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Kings...n%3A7421485011
    This seems to be a reprint of Marvel's second Dark Tower Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    Iíve picked up the first ~5 trades at cons at >50% off but my Ďto readí pile is pretty dang big. Bad on me as Iím friends with Jae. Artist lineup through the three overarching arcs (Dark Tower, Gunslinger, Drawing of the Three) was pretty stellar. Gallery 13 picked up the rights to reprint. Breakdown here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower_(comics)
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    This seems to be a reprint of Marvel's second Dark Tower Omnibus
    Yeah, this looks like it's just the middle third or so of the entire series. I'll be passing on it. Thanks guys.

Mighty Member

Can anyone comment on the Aftershock HCs? Size and/or build quality. I've been enjoying the stuff I've sampled via trade, but the HCs are a little pricey for a blind buy

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Can anyone comment on the Aftershock HCs? Size and/or build quality. I've been enjoying the stuff I've sampled via trade, but the HCs are a little pricey for a blind buy
    What i've sampled is generally good. None of the series are that long so the HC's are pretty thin and so dont particularly suffer from any binding issues. Paper quality is good.
    Size seems to vary series to series. From what i have, Insexts is standard trim, Dreaming Eagles and Witch Hammer are over-sized.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    What i've sampled is generally good. None of the series are that long so the HC's are pretty thin and so dont particularly suffer from any binding issues. Paper quality is good.
    Size seems to vary series to series. From what i have, Insexts is standard trim, Dreaming Eagles and Witch Hammer are over-sized.
    Thanks. May just stick with the trades then

Has anyone heard about any more Moebius Library books coming from Dark Horse? Nothing is listed/teased at the end of the third and final Inside Moebius...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Has anyone heard about any more Moebius Library books coming from Dark Horse? Nothing is listed/teased at the end of the third and final Inside Moebius...
    I've been looking for information about this daily, but I think there's nothing yet. I've been really happy with what has been done so far but this snippet from a few years back has had me on tenterhooks for what could be

"We’re launching with The World of Edena, The Art of Edena, and Inside Moebius Parts 1, 2, and 3 - all hardcovers in the same 8.375" x 10.875" format - and a project in a larger format, The Art of Moebius, will follow" says Simon [Philip R. Simon, the Senior Editor at Dark Horse tasked with bringing the Moebius catalog to English - and seemingly, a super nice fellow]. "The tricky part will be figuring out where to go next. There is certainly a wealth of material, and we’re looking at more art books, books in odd formats, and collections of interviews with the storytelling master as we build the line, in addition to more deluxe hardcovers that will serve as definitive English-language editions of Mr. Giraud’s graphic novels, short story collections, and illustration retrospectives."
    https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/d...-edena-english

Arg! So much potential - so much silence!

But certainly, it's been great so far...
    Last edited by Firstish; 02-11-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstish View Post
    I've been looking for information about this daily, but I think there's nothing yet. I've been really happy with what has been done so far but this snippet from a few years back has had me on tenterhooks for what could be

¬“We¬’re launching with The World of Edena, The Art of Edena, and Inside Moebius Parts 1, 2, and 3¬—all hardcovers in the same 8.375" x 10.875" format¬—and a project in a larger format, The Art of Moebius, will follow,¬” says Simon [Philip R. Simon, the Senior Editor at Dark Horse tasked with bringing the Moebius catalog to English - and seemingly, a super nice fellow]. ¬“The tricky part will be figuring out where to go next. There is certainly a wealth of material, and we¬’re looking at more art books, books in odd formats, and collections of interviews with the storytelling master as we build the line, in addition to more deluxe hardcovers that will serve as definitive English-language editions of Mr. Giraud¬’s graphic novels, short story collections, and illustration retrospectives.¬”
    https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/d...-edena-english

Arg! So much potential - so much silence!

But certainly, it's been great so far...
    Hmmm, I see. I mean, Airtight Garage and Arzach pop out to me immediately - I really want to read them after Inside Moebius. Of course, there's always Blueberry too.

Oh well, I'll keep an eye on solicits and hope...