Page 634 of 865 FirstFirst ... 134534584624630631632633634635636637638644684734 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Time for new books:

"Lance" is a beautiful US Western Strip from the 50s, and the Sundays show a major influence by Foster. But for some reason there isn't any English language edition out.
    I'm intrigued by "Barbe Rouge" and "Tanguy et Laverdière" since they're written by Charlier. But I don't know if/when I'll be able to check them out, what with my ever expanding Franco-Belgian wishlist lol

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Have finished Secret Warriors omni: mediocre at best, it's meh territory for me. Good art from time to time, but I don't understand why this story gets such a high praise but again people here have been saying how great Annihilation is, when for me is unreadable mess. Oh well, trade it is then.
    That's how I felt about it too.

So many awesome comics that I want to read, but not enough time. Does anybody have a time altering solution to this issue? Come on guys, share your time travelling secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
    So many awesome comics that I want to read, but not enough time. Does anybody have a time altering solution to this issue? Come on guys, share your time travelling secrets
    Don't use the speed force, you'll literally have to start from the beginning.

Try Dr. Doom's machine. There seem to be a few of them kicking around.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
    My best tip...don't get married
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

yeah, no kids, no wife or gf, occasional social life, although I have another time consuming hobby, drawing but I'm not a gamer (like I don't play at all) and don't really watch tv series just binge watch what I'm really interested in.
    To be fair I would exchange some of my free time for a gf, the current situation is not a conscious decision but instead of getting pished and harassing ladies at crappy parties I just stay home and read.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yeah, no kids, no wife or gf, occasional social life, although I have another time consuming hobby, drawing but I'm not a gamer (like I don't play at all) and don't really watch tv series just binge watch what I'm really interested in.
    To be fair I would exchange some of my free time for a gf, the current situation is not a conscious decision but instead of getting pished and harassing ladies at crappy parties I just stay home and read.
    Yeah dude. Comics don't hug you back. A good balance of a little bit of everything in life is ideal.

Pics from Gibbons' signing.

And more. Bought Fashion Beast HC and Tank Girl Hc singed.

Looking for Durham Red collections. Does anybody here have them? Are they good like usual 2000 AD crazy?

Yeah, i like em well enough. If you dig Strontium Dog, no reason not to check out Durham Red.

Thanks! Now to find those trades for normal money....

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Really? Enjoyed it quite a lot. Didn't have the same effect on me as Saga or Sherrif of Babylon, but still thought it was excellent. I do admit though that the background information does help and a second reading could indeed prove more interesting then. In that respect it's somewhat similar to Miller's Martha Washington.
    and ER Priest

End of the first HC really does suggest it will get better.

I kept thinking about it, and my overall feeling is similar to the feeling I got when I finished the Wicked+Divine HC: it's like is a 'hipster graphic novel'. It looks slick, pitch is not extremely original but has got an interesting twist, it's a bit pretentious. I enjoyed them of course, but don't necessarily agree with the high praise.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Pics from Gibbons' signing.

Nice catches!

Anyone know what's up with the Ody-C Deluxe book? Was supposed to be out last week, pushed to this week, and now I can't find anything on it...