Page 479 of 865 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 12974
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    I just know the second I do that the Omnibus will be announced. But I've been waiting for that for years already, I'm tempted to get the trades as I really dislike the smaller DC hardcovers.
    I'm right there with you.

I ended up going with the hard covers as that's just my preference, however you better believe if an omnibus comes (fingers crossed) I'll be picking that up as well.

This is a great read so I'd just suggest just going with your preference of the trade and if an omnibus gets announced just upgrade.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    X-O Manowar Deluxe Volume 3 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/168215...Valiant+deluxe
    Disappointed this collects issues 23-29 and armor hunters 1-4. Was hoping they'd pick up after the Armor Hunters deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Disappointed this collects issues 23-29 and armor hunters 1-4. Was hoping they'd pick up after the Armor Hunters deluxe.
    Seems to be a fair bit of double dipping going on with Valiant deluxes

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Seems to be a fair bit of double dipping going on with Valiant deluxes
    It's really irritating. Makes me not want to collect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    It's really irritating. Makes me not want to collect them.
    Yeah, I'm sort of swinging that way myself, really trying to cut down on stuff and Valiant are making it quite easy with their drop in quality

Christmas gifts/Late Dec. Haul.

The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post

Oh my is that a mmw spiderman 13?

Yeah, we kind of sort of need close ups of those Spidey MMWs, pretty please?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I am looking for Steve Ditko collections.
    I was wondering if the Fantagraphics books would be the best collections to get, or if there were other HC Ditko collections you all would recommend instead?
    Oh, hey, don't worry 'bout me, guys.
    I figured this out.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Oh my is that a mmw spiderman 13?
    Yeah, we kind of sort of need close ups of those Spidey MMWs, pretty please?
    10, 11, 12, 13.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

10, 11, 12, 13.
    Thanks.
    I'd be looking for 12, 13, 14, and 15. But it's too expensive. I've decided collecting the individual books is just cheaper for me.

Fantastic Member

I figured this out.

*sigh*
    Damn I missed this post. As far as I am aware, the best bet is the Fantagraphics collections. I have a couple (slowly getting them all). They are great. I also have some of the Yoe's books collections, however not the Ditko ones. The Yoe's books are great, but as far as the Ditko ones go, they don't seem to be as comprehensive. Theres only a few, whereas Fantagraphics are up to five. Also, Fantagraphics are collecting his work chonologically. The Yoe's Ditko books may supplement the Fantagraphics ones, I'm not sure. Maybe at least the monster books. I need to look into it even further myself. Is this what you came up with?

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

I figured this out.

*sigh*
    Did you pick up the DC Steve Ditko 2 omnibus volumes they published? Also the DC archive line has Action Heroes Vol 1 & 2. Some of my fave ditko work.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Damn I missed this post. As far as I am aware, the best bet is the Fantagraphics collections. I have a couple (slowly getting them all). They are great. I also have some of the Yoe's books collections, however not the Ditko ones. The Yoe's books are great, but as far as the Ditko ones go, they don't seem to be as comprehensive. Theres only a few, whereas Fantagraphics are up to five. Also, Fantagraphics are collecting his work chonologically. The Yoe's Ditko books may supplement the Fantagraphics ones, I'm not sure. Maybe at least the monster books. I need to look into it even further myself. Is this what you came up with?
    It's okay, I know this thread can get quite a bit of traffic and lots of questions.
    I ended up getting the following books from IST:
    Strange and Stranger: The World of Steve Ditko
    Strange Suspense: Steve Ditko Archives vol. 1
    Creepy Presents Steve Ditko

I will probably get the rest of the Steve Ditko Fantagraphic archives, but I kept reading mixed reviews, so I only ordered the first one to start. I hadn't even thought to look at Fantagraphics' site, and stumbled upon it last night, and you can actually see videos of the books. I got the Creepy book because 1. it was only $10. 2. I love those books. And even though it appears to be all (or mostly?) in black and white, it's still awesome artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Did you pick up the DC Steve Ditko 2 omnibus volumes they published? Also the DC archive line has Action Heroes Vol 1 & 2. Some of my fave ditko work.
    You know, I was going to. I had it all set to add to my cart, and then I read reviews. And quite a few of the reviews complained about the paper quality, saying it was thin and could easily rip. That killed it for me, so I decided against it. I will look into the DC Archives, though, of Action Heroes 1 and 2. Thanks!