Page 668 of 865 FirstFirst ... 168568618658664665666667668669670671672678718768 ... LastLast
Results 10,006 to 10,020 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm not the biggest expert but someone more knowledgeable said that all of these are sewn but some are glued to the spine and that prevents them from opening properly. I'm pretty sure that's the case with image dlxs.
    could be the case yeah. It's sort of a weird way to go though. I mean one of the appealing things about sewn bindings is that the books open nice and flat - no gutter loss. Gluing the block to the spine pretty much eliminates that benny...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    could be the case yeah. It's sort of a weird way to go though. I mean one of the appealing things about sewn bindings is that the books open nice and flat - no gutter loss. Gluing the block to the spine pretty much eliminates that benny...
    East of West and Saga both have excellent sewn bindings. It's too bad the norm is deluxes for every 2 TPBs. Maybe we'd get better binding if more series waited three TPBs.

Latest:

Great and diverse haul as always. Honestly I'm sort of glad now I can't read French and German, there are just so many great looking books published in those languages and I can barely keep up with the english stuff.

Great and diverse haul as always. Honestly I'm sort of glad now I can't read French and German, there are just so many great looking books published in those languages and I can barely keep up with the english stuff.
    I know. However the good thing about it is that you can wait longer for a deal. There's so much to chose from that if you want the next volume of a series but can't find it for cheap, you can always get something else instead.

I'm not the biggest expert but someone more knowledgeable said that all of these are sewn but some are glued to the spine and that prevents them from opening properly. I'm pretty sure that's the case with image dlxs.
    The initial run of the Black Science hardcover unfortunately has awful mousetrap binding with bad gutter loss. I never heard confirmation if the subsequent run fixed the binding or not. It was so disappointing, as the artwork is the main draw of the book.

All other Image hc's I have are fine spine-wise (including Deadly Class)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Black Science initial print had printing error on page or so and reprint they released had binding issues? But yes I agree all other Image Dlx's have held up well for myself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedor02 View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Black Science initial print had printing error on page or so and reprint they released had binding issues? But yes I agree all other Image Dlx's have held up well for myself.
    The initial printing was sewn but had the print errors and was supposed to be pulped, however some copies made it to stores for sale. The subsequent printing (which still says "first" printing) was the awful rush job Orion is referring to that is glued w/o any head/tail bands.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    The initial printing was sewn but had the print errors and was supposed to be pulped, however some copies made it to stores for sale. The subsequent printing (which still says "first" printing) was the awful rush job Orion is referring to that is glued w/o any head/tail bands.
    Whoops, yeah, that was it...even worse than I remember. Was a subsequent run ever quietly released?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Whoops, yeah, that was it...even worse than I remember. Was a subsequent run ever quietly released?
    Not to my knowledge. Although from the pics I've seen of the sewn version it still didn't seem up to snuff compared to Remender's other HCs. It's still half the size of the Deadly Class deluxe, with about the same amount of issues. Now that one, and Crawlspace, are nicely done HCs.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Latest:

Great haul! Those Buck Danny integrales are really tempting, but man there are so many franco-belgian "BDs" on my wishlist right now! Hopefuly I'll get them some day lol

I know! Just looking at he digital ones on Comixology makes me wish I could read French.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Not to my knowledge. Although from the pics I've seen of the sewn version it still didn't seem up to snuff compared to Remender's other HCs. It's still half the size of the Deadly Class deluxe, with about the same amount of issues. Now that one, and Crawlspace, are nicely done HCs.
    I have one of those sewn binding copies of Black Science and couldn't be happier about it. It displays the art beautifully. No gutter loss, lies flat from the very first pages, and the printing error is of no consequence. If you happen across one, buy it in a second.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    I have one of those sewn binding copies of Black Science and couldn't be happier about it. It displays the art beautifully. No gutter loss, lies flat from the very first pages, and the printing error is of no consequence. If you happen across one, buy it in a second.
    I found mine on the shelf at the local B&N and have never been so happy to pay cover for a new book.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    I figured with the sewn binding it opened fine. Was just really comparing the overall aesthetic to the Deadly Class production. Glad you found guys found sewn copies!
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-12-2017 at 04:28 PM.