Page 710 of 865 FirstFirst ... 210610660700706707708709710711712713714720760810 ... LastLast
Results 10,636 to 10,650 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Thoughts on Jim Zubs Wayward? I like Skullkickers enough, but felt it got a little too meta/goofy towards the end instead of a straightforward story.
    I like wayward. It's not a regular comic and it's not manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't watch the show since these CW shows produced on a factory assembly line have zero appeal to me and I was hesitant to pick up the book since the show didn't interest me and I don't like zombies. But I like Allread and I was very pleasantly surprised. Is it an all time classic? Probably not. Did I devour the book and could barely put it down because I had so much fun with it? Hell yeah.

I would definitely recommend it.
    Comes from person who has wasted several hours for stuff like Iron Fist. IZ series is not bad, I haven't watched it yet but what I seen is much better than IF or even Luke Cage; not like LC was good, because it wasn't just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Thoughts on Jim Zubs Wayward? I like Skullkickers enough, but felt it got a little too meta/goofy towards the end instead of a straightforward story.
    It is a Japanese comic for americans. It is okay not great.

Fantastic Member

Did anyone get the new Pencil Art of Geof Darrow book? Can we see some pics? On the fence about it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Did anyone get the new Pencil Art of Geof Darrow book? Can we see some pics? On the fence about it.
    Mines in the mail, will try to upload

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Comes from person who has wasted several hours for stuff like Iron Fist. IZ series is not bad, I haven't watched it yet but what I seen is much better than IF or even Luke Cage; not like LC was good, because it wasn't just saying.
    I don't think that's relevant at all. Also I didn't like Iron fist. I've heard good things about the IZombie series but I still don't have an interest in it just like I don't have an interest in the Walking dead or Preacher for different reasons. The books are still good.

Got an order in today from CGN:

Hickman Avengers omini

Tokyo Ghost: I absolutely abhor anything that Remender has done with Marvel (except the first half of X-Force) but I love all his independent stuff. This was a blind buy.

The Astounding Wolf-Man "omnibus" by Kirkman. I read a few of these in tpb. Lot of fun, so I can't wait to read the whole run. The book is thicker than I expected.

Powers Definitive Vol. 7. The spine appears to match the other volumes. I was actually wondering about that.

The entirety of UXF was great, Franken-Castle was great, Venom was good, Uncanny Avengers had its moments.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Got an order in today from CGN:

Tokyo Ghost: I absolutely abhor anything that Remender has done with Marvel (except the first half of X-Force) but I love all his independent stuff. This was a blind buy.
    I read the fist book recently and it was okay. The story was interesting but not really engaging enough for me to pick up the next. The art on the otherhand was amazing. Sean G Murphy deserves a lot more recognition than he gets.

I was going to pick up the Hickman Avengers omnibus but I already have a lot of it in other formats. I went and bought the OHC's though. With the exception of Avengers Vol 1 which I'm having trouble tracking down!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I read the fist book recently and it was okay. The story was interesting but not really engaging enough for me to pick up the next. The art on the otherhand was amazing. Sean G Murphy deserves a lot more recognition than he gets.

I was going to pick up the Hickman Avengers omnibus but I already have a lot of it in other formats. I went and bought the OHC's though. With the exception of Avengers Vol 1 which I'm having trouble tracking down!
    Is this the one you're looking for? I have no idea about all the different runs there are, so forgive me if it's the wrong one
    https://www.cheap-comics.com/product...vengers-world/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    i find the story somewhat lacking but i will probably get this HC someday, for the art alone

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post

he got his own Batman miniseries which he writes as well. I can't wait (for a deluxe :P). PRJ was great so I expect this to be a good read too.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Is this the one you're looking for? I have no idea about all the different runs there are, so forgive me if it's the wrong one
    https://www.cheap-comics.com/product...vengers-world/
    That is the PHC, covering issues 1-6 the one I need covers 1-13(ish). But thanks for the listing. I'll take a look on that site if they have the one I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    he got his own Batman miniseries which he writes as well. I can't wait (for a deluxe :P). PRJ was great so I expect this to be a good read too.
    Now that I will keep an eye out for. I came across a pencil of his PRJ randomly on twitter. Asked him what it was for (having no idea who he actually was) and he replied. He is one of the few artists that I follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    The entirety of UXF was great, Franken-Castle was great, Venom was good, Uncanny Avengers had its moments.
    Frankencastle may arguably be the dumbest POS story ever written. After it took Ennis years to re-establish him from the 90s, we get that.