Page 264 of 865 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364764 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 12974
    Incredible Member

For Ivizzz

Incredible Member

Thank you! It's great looking book; I have first tpb and it's crazy like cuckoo, kinda liked it, art was awesome, with lots of small details and inside jokes. I'll keep hunting, I do believe there is still a chance to get it for much less than 100 pounds somewhere.

@krylox - all Swamp Thing HC's, that's my next achievement, one day would have them all. Congrats for you, one of the best stories in comics, second volume with 'plant sex' is pure perfection.

How do you find Charley's War? Been interested with that, but what keeps me off from buying HC's is fact we would propably get some bigger collection, at least that what I've heard somewhere.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 01-30-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Is the upcoming Locke & Key Master Edition going to be oversized.
    Also, I have never read this series but heard that it was excellent.
    If it was completed, how many Master Edition volumes do you suspect it would need?

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/lo...vol-01-hc.html

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Yeah, and I'm not sure should I be happy or very scared...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    If it was completed, how many Master Edition volumes do you suspect it would need?

It would need 3 Master editions to finish. I've read the first trade and waited for an OHC release ever since (since it was awesome). The master edition are Oversized, yes. I'm definitely getting them
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    How do you find Charley's War? Been interested with that, but what keeps me off from buying HC's is fact we would propably get some bigger collection, at least that what I've heard somewhere.
    It's bloody amazing, that's how it is. These volumes published by Titan are really great in particular - they come with various introductions and short essays to give you the context of some of what's happening and always close with some commentary by Pat Mills on a number of the strips too.

In regards to a bigger collection, last year we were supposed to see two "Commemorative" editions, supposedly slipcased sets of five hardcovers each; but for some reason it never happened and when I asked Mills about it over Twitter he told me that he hadn't been kept up to date about whether it would still be happening or not. However, Titan did release one softcover omnibus, I believe covering about the first third of the entire series. Quite smaller in size than these hardcovers but they managed to get a hold of original Joe Colquhoun art for that reprint, meaning the quality is actually better than some of the hardcovers (e.g. colour pages from the comic, Battle, are reprinted in the hardcovers in that horrible grey shading, whereas the softcover's pure black and white throughout). Whether we'll get another edition like that this year or have these Commemorative sets see the light of day, I don't know. The French have gotten some truly superb looking editions of the entire series so I would hope they'd give it all another try for an English release as it is a series that truly deserves the best editions possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

From what I've read so far, I'd definitely recommend it!

I'm collecting the Special Editions (I have 1, 2 and 3...eagerly waiting to hear when number 4 will be released).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    It's bloody amazing, that's how it is. These volumes published by Titan are really great in particular - they come with various introductions and short essays to give you the context of some of what's happening and always close with some commentary by Pat Mills on a number of the strips too.

In regards to a bigger collection, last year we were supposed to see two "Commemorative" editions, supposedly slipcased sets of five hardcovers each; but for some reason it never happened and when I asked Mills about it over Twitter he told me that he hadn't been kept up to date about whether it would still be happening or not. However, Titan did release one softcover omnibus, I believe covering about the first third of the entire series. Quite smaller in size than these hardcovers but they managed to get a hold of original Joe Colquhoun art for that reprint, meaning the quality is actually better than some of the hardcovers (e.g. colour pages from the comic, Battle, are reprinted in the hardcovers in that horrible grey shading, whereas the softcover's pure black and white throughout). Whether we'll get another edition like that this year or have these Commemorative sets see the light of day, I don't know. The French have gotten some truly superb looking editions of the entire series so I would hope they'd give it all another try for an English release as it is a series that truly deserves the best editions possible.
    great, that's good to know. i just ordered from the amazon warehouse because it was a) very cheap and b) there seem to be quite few people on the board who like pat mills work. i'm also quite interested in the whole world war topic, so i'm really eager to sample this now...

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It would need 3 Master editions to finish. I've read the first trade and waited for an OHC release ever since (since it was awesome). The master edition are Oversized, yes. I'm definitely getting them
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviskan View Post
    From what I've read so far, I'd definitely recommend it!

I'm collecting the Special Editions (I have 1, 2 and 3...eagerly waiting to hear when number 4 will be released).

Excellent. Thanks for the responses. I've put this down on the to-get list! Can't wait. Heard a lot of good stuff about it.

Spectacular Member

Im also collecting the absolute sized special editions of locke and key, but i wonder if they are discontinuing it. Havnt seen one in more than a year now.

On a side not i was thinking of getting the daily dredds, does anyone know how these differ from the complete case files? Thanks!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    On a side not i was thinking of getting the daily dredds, does anyone know how these differ from the complete case files? Thanks!
    Oh, they're completely different from the Case Files. Those are reprinting almost every Dredd story to have been printed in 2000AD, the Megazine and specials. The recent Daily Dredd's volume reprints the short strips that appeared in the Daily Star newspaper here in the UK, written almost entirely by John Wagner and Alan Grant, the Dredd team of the time, and illustrated also nearly entirely by Ron Smith. Several of the strips are very brief versions of the stories that ran at the time, such as a condensed version of The Apocalypse War, others tell their own story over a few weeks (this first volume reprints every Saturday strip), whilst others still are humourous in nature, usually one-offs. It's a really, really nice book. Took them a while to get it altogether but the quality is superb and the strips speak for themselves. Well worth the purchase if you like the Case Files series.

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post

ok, with the swamp thing hardcovers complete, i think i'm reaching a point where i'm pretty much done with the heavy lifting regarding my collection. also, i have spent so much money in the past months, jesus, i really don't wanna know the exact sum, but it was a lot. i need to do A LOT of reading, before doing big orders again.
    oh, man! enjoy those swamp thing books! easily one of my favorite sets in my collection.
    formerly 'weeks'

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Oh, they're completely different from the Case Files. Those are reprinting almost every Dredd story to have been printed in 2000AD, the Megazine and specials. The recent Daily Dredd's volume reprints the short strips that appeared in the Daily Star newspaper here in the UK, written almost entirely by John Wagner and Alan Grant, the Dredd team of the time, and illustrated also nearly entirely by Ron Smith. Several of the strips are very brief versions of the stories that ran at the time, such as a condensed version of The Apocalypse War, others tell their own story over a few weeks (this first volume reprints every Saturday strip), whilst others still are humourous in nature, usually one-offs. It's a really, really nice book. Took them a while to get it altogether but the quality is superb and the strips speak for themselves. Well worth the purchase if you like the Case Files series.
    Awesome ill pick it up! Too bad more dredd isnt in a nice hc book, i was looking to grab some of the mega collection hardbacks but the website is really ambiguous about how the orders work and where they will be on sale. Lets just hope they put out some standard hcs some time i could live with that!

On this page everybody's talking about everything I like, Moore's Swamp Thing, Locke and Key (WE WANT VOLUME FOUR OF THE OVERSIZED SPECIAL EDITION!), Pat Mills, Judge Dredd, what a treat guys!
    About the Locke and Key Master Edition: I am still not sure of the use of the term "oversized" (and it's really confusing for me) whith HC regular edition where the printed main material inside is only very slightly oversized. I mean the special edition of Locke and Key is my default definition of oversized, but I am not sure about the master edition.
    About Charley's War editions I have made a detailed description of all UK and French edition here http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...s-classic.html and there http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2012/1...uk-market.html (individual book files can be reached by clicking on their picture/caption), and also there for the French edition http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2012/1...ch-market.html.
    The Daily Dredd is fully described there (I hope) : http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...ol-1-1981.html

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    About the Locke and Key Master Edition: I am still not sure of the use of the term "oversized" (and it's really confusing for me) whith HC regular edition where the printed main material inside is only very slightly oversized. I mean the special edition of Locke and Key is my default definition of oversized, but I am not sure about the master edition.
    I think that in North America, any comic book or graphic novel that is larger than a standard American comic would be considered oversized, unless it was originally printed in a larger format. So for example, the graphic novel "Elektra Lives Again" is oversized, even though it was not originally released in a smaller size, meanwhile its reprinting in the "oversized" Elektra Omnibus was actually "undersized" because it was smaller than the original printing.

Now I'm confused...
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-31-2015 at 12:10 AM.