Page 64 of 865 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164564 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Latest haul:

I know someone already posted photos of By Chance or Providence, but here are some interiors. Like the other guy said, this is a mousetrap, so all I could get were these without risking damaging the book. Really, it won't open much further than this. And it really is a shame that it isn't standard trim. Looks good inside though.

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

I know this isn't exactly new, but I loved the art so much I had to share. Mahfood is really amazing. Another mousetrap of a book, but the art is great so I forgive it.

Last edited by pud333; 06-10-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Incredible Member

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I don't see anything wrong here. You're aware it's supposed to separate like that, right?
    The top of the book doesn't separate as it should (and as the bottom does) which results in an awkward looking book once opened. As MartinNL said, some excess glue found its between the actual book and the binding.
    In the end I used a thin sharp knife and got rid of the glue, now the book looks fine.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I know this isn't exactly new, but I loved the art so much I had to share. Mahfood is really amazing. Another mousetrap of a book, but the art is great so I forgive it.
    I ended up really enjoying this book. I got just because Mahfood drew it (I still read Tank Girl hit and miss) and wasn't expecting a ton, but I thought it was a blast.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

tnx for mousetrap warnings pud333, i refuse to buy those kind of books, voting with my wallet i guess

Speaking of bad bindings, anyone that owns 'Gus & his gang' experienced this thing below? I was just reading it, and it fell apart..

Not sure i can ask amazon for replacement cause i bought it 2 months ago

edit. just spoke to amazon service and they offered refund/replacement, nice.
    Last edited by maeda; 06-11-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    tnx for mousetrap warnings pud333, i refuse to buy those kind of books, voting with my wallet i guess

Speaking of bad bindings, anyone that owns 'Gus & his gang' experienced this thing below? I was just reading it, and it fell apart..

Amazon has such a good customer support service.
    I only dealt with amazon.com but in less than half a day, a replacement was on the way. They didn't ask for any pictures of the damaged book and I got to keep the book (I now have two HB LE vol. 1 sitting on my shelf since I don't know anyone interested in it).

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Thanks for the reply re the Crawlspace binding!

BD already replied and they want pictures, not as easy as amazon who just told me they were sending a replacement. Fingers crossed...

EDIT: update on the situation with Book Depository. After sending the photos, they're willing to offer a 20% discount. I find this unacceptable and am pushing for more.
    Did you guys ever deal with BP on such a problem?
    Take it. The book looks like it reads better in the condition it's in.

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Amazon has such a good customer support service.
    I only dealt with amazon.com but in less than half a day, a replacement was on the way. They didn't ask for any pictures of the damaged book and I got to keep the book (I now have two HB LE vol. 1 sitting on my shelf since I don't know anyone interested in it).
    I have to agree w/ you on the Amazon customer support. I pre-ordered the JSA Vol 1 Omnibus from them early and ended up getting it for like $59. It was shipped loose in a cardboard box and when it arrived the corners were slightly dinged. I complained and they knocked an additional 20% off. Final price was under $50 for the book, not too shabby!

BTW I love that there is a whole forum dedicated to collected editions now and NZ is killing it as the new Mod. Thx for all the hardwork you put in!
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I ended up really enjoying this book. I got just because Mahfood drew it (I still read Tank Girl hit and miss) and wasn't expecting a ton, but I thought it was a blast.
    I'm about 2/3rds way through, and I am really liking it. It's actually my first Tank Girl book, so I'll seek more out even though Mahfood isn't involved with the others. I'll probably pick up Hole of Tank Girl as soon as I get my bonus. Mahfood's art is also what convinced me to finally pick up a Tank Girl book after years of picking up and putting them back down at the LCS. I also took part in the kickstarter a couple months back so I'm looking forward to receiving that book later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post

YIKES. Glad you're getting a replacement!

BANNED

Where do you guys purchase your Artist's Editions? Amazon sellers?

Incredible Member

Postman came by again. Some Deluxes.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I'm about 2/3rds way through, and I am really liking it. It's actually my first Tank Girl book, so I'll seek more out even though Mahfood isn't involved with the others. I'll probably pick up Hole of Tank Girl as soon as I get my bonus. Mahfood's art is also what convinced me to finally pick up a Tank Girl book after years of picking up and putting them back down at the LCS. I also took part in the kickstarter a couple months back so I'm looking forward to receiving that book later this year.

YIKES. Glad you're getting a replacement!
    That Kickstarter book looked pretty awesome.

The artists on Tank Girl can be hit and miss. But it's hard to go wrong with the early Jamie Hewlett ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    That's where I got mine. But I was super-nervous about the packaging on such a giant book, I actually went in to the reviews on the sellers to see what anyone said about each one's packaging. I ended up paying a dollar or two more, but I went with a comic shop that was selling it, and it got here safe and sound.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    IST packages them well.