Page 164 of 865 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 12974

So, I've heard pros and cons for keeping your new hardcovers in shrink until you read them. What do you guys and gals do, keep them shrinked or set them free?
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    So, I've heard pros and cons for keeping your new hardcovers in shrink until you read them. What do you guys and gals do, keep them shrinked or set them free?
    I keep all my brand new hardcovers sitting in their wrap until I get a chance to gleefully rip off the plastic and get to reading.

This not only keeps the book so fresh and so clean, clean.. but also, in a pinch, I can then sell the (possibly) OOP book as Brand New in Shrink Wrap! I do plan to read each and every book I own, but it will take some time and unlike most hobbies, I've felt comic book hardcovers generally keep or raise their value.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    What are the cons of keeping them in shrink? Why would you open it without wanting to read it. I still have a whole bunch of hardcovers sitting on my shelf unopened yet. Seems like I'm buying way more stuff faster than I can read ATM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    What are the cons of keeping them in shrink? Why would you open it without wanting to read it. I still have a whole bunch of hardcovers sitting on my shelf unopened yet. Seems like I'm buying way more stuff faster than I can read ATM.
    Well, you can't tell an entire signature has been not been attached to the ribbon while it's still shrink wrapped.

I always open everything to check to book, not just for possible faults like in momaw's case, but for the joy of flipping through a new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I always open everything to check to book, not just for possible faults like in momaw's case, but for the joy of flipping through a new book.
    There's that too. I think my favourite reported problem on opening a new book was finding it was upside down.

On the issue of resale value if you decide you don't want it. As a buyer, yeah it's preferable to get a new virgin mint in wrapper book. After all, if there is a problem when you open it you can always complain and get your money back. But as a seller, it's just a nightmare. You are selling blind and with so many dishonest people out there it's to easy to get ripped off from someone putting in a dodgy claim. At least if it's open you can be clear on the condition, provide and have photographic evidence and be clear it's a second hand book sold as private transaction i.e. you're not selling new goods and therefore liable under any local retail laws.

Incredible Member

My only delivery this week, but its a big one.

Moomin The Deluxe Anniversary Edition

WP_20140919_18_08_32_Pro 1.jpg

Its slipcased and as big as an Absolute.

WP_20140919_18_06_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20140919_18_06_16_Pro.jpg

All-New Member

Sorry if I missed this, but I recall everyone was excited that a new printing of the Incal HC was coming out on Sept. 24, 2014 from Humanoids (http://www.humanoids.com/album/564).

However, I can't find anyplace to pre-order it. Any tips?

This moomins slipcase look amazing. Is the containt as good as the inside?

Amazon.de delivered Bramble today, which is a 24 September release just like Barbarella. Pretty awesome to get it already. The book is massive, just like most European titles. So it's the size of an Absolute Edition.

Also got some other European stuff (in Dutch) this week. Some classic Rosinski (from Thorgal) stuff, a new WW1 comic and an oldie Andreas book.

I've also been told by more than one person that the shrink's acid can harm the hardcover over time? Yeah, not sure I understand that one, but most of the plausible cons have already been touched on.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by prof436 View Post
    This moomins slipcase look amazing. Is the containt as good as the inside?
    When it comes to these moomin comic strips you kind of need to put them in context they were written between 1947 and 1959 (the first 21, all the Tove Jansson comics, listed here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomin_comic_strips). They were originally 3 panel comics syndicated in newspapers in finland, and have been collected and translated so they read a little bit janky, but there is definitely a lot of charm to them.

Heres some interior pics

WP_20140920_14_47_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20140920_14_48_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20140920_14_48_34_Pro.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Amazon.de delivered Bramble today, which is a 24 September release just like Barbarella. Pretty awesome to get it already. The book is massive, just like most European titles. So it's the size of an Absolute Edition.

Also got some other European stuff (in Dutch) this week. Some classic Rosinski (from Thorgal) stuff, a new WW1 comic and an oldie Andreas book.

Would you be willing to post some interior shots of Bramble? I could have sworn I saw someone post a pic of Red Moon somewhere. That was another I would have liked to seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Same. Everything gets opened.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Would you be willing to post some interior shots of Bramble? I could have sworn I saw someone post a pic of Red Moon somewhere. That was another I would have liked to seen.
    Theres interiors of Bramble in the European comics thread. Around page four I think. Im probably gonna get it, Morvan must be on a hot streak. Hes putting out all kinds of good stuff.