Page 33 of 865 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133533 ... LastLast
    Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    And here's my purchases for this week. I went all out as you can see... I was able to get my hands on more Andreas work. Cromwell Stone has been translated before in English by Marvel if I'm not mistaken. Felt really lucky I got this as it's been long out of print... Big Mother is more of an art book, but an awesome one published by Nobrow, just like that leporello Worse Things Happen At Sea. You should take a look at the video of the book on Nobrow's blog. And Kellie Strøm signed my copy! Big Questions is even bigger than I expected. And I didn;t expect to receive The Cigar That Fell In Love With A Pipe already.
    Dark Horse also published an English translation of "Coutoo" as a one-shot, black and white comic in the '90s. Great, great story, but less than ideal presentation.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Those actually are the American editions from the early 90's, you can still get them over here for cover price(!). They don't collect the entire Blueberry series (they're missing the first 6 and the stories that were published post marvel/Epic which amount to another 6 albums) but the best stories are all there.
    Oh **** that is excellent newsď I just assumed you were European when I saw the post. What is the size like on the books? How is the art reproduction?

Older videos but I think they fit this new thread.
    -RASL by Jeff Smith

-Local by Brian Wood

-Scene of Crime

-Criminal Deluxe Edition v1 from the same author team of Scene of Crime

-Criminal Deluxe Edition v2

I am aware those two are technically Marvel, but I think they suit better over here.

-Nightly News Anniversary Edition

and last, not a hardcover but still interesting:
    -Boxers & Saints slipcase

I have couple of vids on my hard drive but I'm to lazy to upload them right now. Will post them during the next week, or maybe even tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Oh **** that is excellent newsď I just assumed you were European when I saw the post. What is the size like on the books? How is the art reproduction?
    I am European but I couldn't pass this up
    They're really close to the original European volumes size-wise, just slightly smaller. They're all sewn and the reproduction is excellent. Graphitti Designs hardcovers were the top of the line in the 80's and 90's.

Here's a comparison between a normal TPB, The Graphitti hardcovers and an original European edition

Comparison between the Graphitti edition (top) and the European book

And all the Graphitti Editions are signed & numbered (some blueberry's as Gir instead of Moebius, America is the only country that uses the Moebius name for the Blueberry series)

As an extra Incentive here are some shots of Moebius 7 which is also still available. This volume collects the Goddess (part 3 of the Edaena Saga), The Horny Goof and Moebius 1/2 (a collection of really early mad magazine style stories)

The Goddess has some excellent art...

Those Blueberry/Moebius books look really cool!

Speaking of... This video of that Final Ultra Deluxe $590 coffee table book is now on the French Humanoids website. The book is signed by Jodo and Ladrönn, slipcased and comes with 3 bookplates. Also it includes the Moebius pages of After the Incal.

http://www.humano.com/book/35855#.U24zt17wO9Y
    Last edited by MartinNL; 05-10-2014 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post

I ended up getting this book thanks to these pictures. My, oh my, what a gorgeous book! Amazing art and a fun story. It's a short story but definitely a book I'll read again just to look at the art.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I ended up getting this book thanks to these pictures. My, oh my, what a gorgeous book! Amazing art and a fun story. It's a short story but definitely a book I'll read again just to look at the art.
    Yeah that was fun, wasn't it? I read it in the car while my kid slept and as soon as I was done, I was all, "WTF was that?" Then I read it again. I wish I were longer. Very nice presentation.