Page 34 of 865 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Yeah that was fun, wasn't it? I read it in the car while my kid slept and as soon as I was done, I was all, "WTF was that?" Then I read it again. I wish I were longer. Very nice presentation.
    Yeah, that was my only critique. I thought it was too short because I just wanted more of Grampa's art.

Fantastic Member

So like probably just about everyone here, this pics of Peter Pan by Loisel really looked great and I started keep in my eyes open for it...and ran across Vol. 1+2 hardcovers for super cheap. What is the quality of these? Are they good or is there more incentive to wait for the newer version?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    So like probably just about everyone here, this pics of Peter Pan by Loisel really looked great and I started keep in my eyes open for it...and ran across Vol. 1+2 hardcovers for super cheap. What is the quality of these? Are they good or is there more incentive to wait for the newer version?
    In total it's 6 volumes, however they have not all been translated in English. So it's pretty much a waste of your money to get just those first two volumes. Also there's no need to wait since the complete edition book is in stock at thebookdepository.com even though it says it has a release date in October. It's been out in Europe for a year now, that's why they already have it in stock.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    In total it's 6 volumes, however they have not all been translated in English. So it's pretty much a waste of your money to get just those first two volumes. Also there's no need to wait since the complete edition book is in stock at thebookdepository.com even though it says it has a release date in October. It's been out in Europe for a year now, that's why they already have it in stock.
    Oh that edition is the complete edition including all the volumes? I did not know that. In that case it is definitely the way to go.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Just received the BPRD Plague of Frogs Vol. 1 HC. I've attached a few pics as I wasn't sure whether anyone had posted any. Apologies for the low quality phone pics.

20140512_170551.jpg

20140512_170630.jpg

20140512_170750.jpg
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 05-12-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Just received the BPRD Plague of Frogs Vol. 1 HC. I've attached a few pics as I wasn't sure whether anyone had posted any. Apologies for the low quality phone pics.
    I haven't noticed any. Thanks for posting.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

20140512_170551.jpg

20140512_170630.jpg

20140512_170750.jpg
    I just got that one too, it looked so good sitting on the shelf in someone's shelfie in this thread that I had to order one.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Anyone here recommend the Spawn Origins hardcovers? I notice there isn't a whole lot of talk concerning him in this forum..poor guy. Are the majority of the books good reads?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I just got that one too, it looked so good sitting on the shelf in someone's shelfie in this thread that I had to order one.
    Yeah, if I like it, I'll make a beeline for Vol. 2

Fantastic Member

Volume 2 has some of the best stuff in it. Love the BPRDPOF books...

Yeah, if I like it, I'll make a beeline for Vol. 2
    vol 1 is just the warm up, but it's good too. And if you like how this one looks on the shelf, imagine all 4 books lined up

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone here recommend the Spawn Origins hardcovers? I notice there isn't a whole lot of talk concerning him in this forum..poor guy. Are the majority of the books good reads?
    I used to have Volume 1 ages ago, it was a nice book. There's quite a few decent writers in the first volume, Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman etc. I thought it was a pretty good read, and the art is much better than I expected.

There is also an even bigger book that's slipcased iirc of Spawn, has 24 issues a pop similiar to Walking Dead Omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I have the Hellspawn one. It's pretty good, I mostly bought it for the Ashley Wood art, I think part of it is written by Bendis too.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    vol 1 is just the warm up, but it's good too. And if you like how this one looks on the shelf, imagine all 4 books lined up
    I'd buy the BPRD books again if they were oversized, I must admit first time around reading Hellboy and BPRD didn't really do much for me, but reading them again a few years later it really clicked. I used to have the 3 BPRD books but I wouldn't rebuy them unless oversized. Maybe a Colossal BPRD?