Page 544 of 865 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554594644 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 12974

I received the Wicked + The Divine hardcover today from Amazon. Jamie McKelvie's art looks really good at the slightly bigger size. There are some nice extras in the back of the book as well. Cover is kind of "bleh" -- this is one Image hardcover that I wish included a dust jacket. One corner was damaged a little due to Amazon not including any padding whatsoever in the box.

On the subject of Crepax, I can't wait for the third volume, which will include his "Baba Yaga" Valentina stories. The art in those is amazing. Note that when you see a rectangular panel, what you're looking at is "real," but if a panel has rounded edges, it's a dream. Here is a pic from my Italian edition of "Baba Yaga."

Also, the first Fantagraphic CREPAX volume is relatively tame for Crepax as far as content (but still not for kids).

Also, this is my first post. Hello!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZenAmako; 04-02-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Wow that's an extremely bland cover for The Wicked + The Divine given how striking all of the comic covers were. It almost looks like it should have a dust jacket but it is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenAmako View Post
    On the subject of Crepax, I can't wait for the third volume, which will include his "Baba Yaga" Valentina stories. The art in those is amazing. Note that when you see a rectangular panel, what you're looking at is "real," but if a panel has rounded edges, it's a dream. Here is a pic from my Italian edition of "Baba Yaga."

Also, the first Fantagraphic CREPAX volume is relatively tame for Crepax as far as content (but still not for kids).

Also, this is my first post. Hello!
    Hi ZenAmako, wellcome!

From information i gathered, also waiting for Crepax V3, and actualy skipping the first two

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Wow that's an extremely bland cover for The Wicked + The Divine given how striking all of the comic covers were. It almost looks like it should have a dust jacket but it is missing.
    same with Rat Queens. Although I'm not a fan of McKelvie so I don't really mind. Still debating whether to get this or not since Young Avengers did nothing for me and what I've seen from this book it looked like they are doing the same "look at me it's a really hip book" thing. But I'm a sucker for urban fantasy.

I know what I've forgotten.

Fantastic cover lvizzz, very retro looking!

Where did you score that beauty ?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post

Spectacular Member

This has got to be a new (awesome!) cover - if you haven't read this yet you're gonna have a blast!!

People should read this instead of wasting their time on average stuff such as Invincible...

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    same with Rat Queens. Although I'm not a fan of McKelvie so I don't really mind. Still debating whether to get this or not since Young Avengers did nothing for me and what I've seen from this book it looked like they are doing the same "look at me it's a really hip book" thing. But I'm a sucker for urban fantasy.
    Personally, I prefer Phonogram to The Wicked + The Divine, even if Phonogram is even more of a hipster book. I wouldn't mind a hardcover collecting all three Phonogram miniseries now that the series is apparently complete. I thought the second series, "Singles Club," was by far the best one. Unfortunately, it's not nearly as popular as TW+D.

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post
    Where did you score that beauty ?
    Amazon UK for cover few weeks ago. Don't know is it new printing or they found out pallet of those laying somewhere in one of those huge warehouses. It has some damage as you can see, not I care that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    This has got to be a new (awesome!) cover - if you haven't read this yet you're gonna have a blast!!

People should read this instead of wasting their time on average stuff such as Invincible...
    Will read it this month.

Invincible is pretty good, I know people've gone crazy on omni FB page, don't know why but people are people, get excited about everything without reason.

Will read it this month.

Invincible is pretty good, I know people've gone crazy on omni FB page, don't know why but people are people, get excited about everything without reason.
    No kidding. Invincible is such a fun read.

Spectacular Member

Am I really the only on this thread who thinks that Invincible is nothing special and really bland?

This almost makes me want to pick up the first compendium and read it again, almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Am I really the only on this thread who thinks that Invincible is nothing special and really bland?

This almost makes me want to pick up the first compendium and read it again, almost.

I only read the first trade and wasn't too impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I only read the first trade and wasn't too impressed.
    it picks up after issue 10 or 11. There is a kind of plot twist in it which kicks up the status quo. although I really enjoyed the first 10 issues as well.
    I think the main draw with Invincible is not that it's revolutionary, it tells a sort of conventional superhero story but without any company restraints. The story moves with a fast pace and Kirman kills off characters when he feels they should be killed off and they don't return.