Page 806 of 815 FirstFirst ... 306706756796802803804805806807808809810 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,090 of 12224
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Nobody brings up Miller's agenda when people ask about his Daredevil. That's my point.

Also, since you decided it was necessary to point out, let me apologize to any and all victims of domestic violence, or anyone else who may be reading this thread in a comic book collected edtions forum, for my poor choice or words earlier
    Thanks for the reply, sorry if my original post was a bit blunt (sometimes when you re-read things you realise there is a tone that you had not originally intended).

At least for myself, Miller's agenda is the main the reason I haven't purchased either of his Omnibuses. I think it should be talked about more (you are right to make the observation though, this piece in the Guardian mentions everything BUT Daredevil; https://www.theguardian.com/books/bo...visible-comics). The same with Mike Baron; I found the concept of Nexus interesting, and when I was younger I read his Punisher, but reading about him a bit more and his own admission that the concept reflects his politics has just put me off. I maybe let my own views govern my reading too much, but I am at a stage in my life where I want to read imaginative, hopeful, and inspiring comics.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Haha. Good lord no. Itís considered a masterpiece, arguably the greatest ST run ever and Mooreís hit-the-ground-running-bat-out-of-hell introduction into American Comics. This is a groundbreaking series that revolutionized ST and introduced Constantine, among other things. If youíre looking for niche works, I guess you could maybe place his Avatar stuff in that category but even then Iím not sure.
    Whilst i'd agree that Swamp Thing is definitely one of Moore's most prestigious works, its definitely not treated as an evergreen by DC in the same way Killing Joke, Watchmen and even V for Vendetta are.
    Currently Reading:
    Nemesis the Warlock Vol.2 by Mills & O'Neil
    The Sheriff of Babylon by King & Gerads

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Whilst i'd agree that Swamp Thing is definitely one of Moore's most prestigious works, its definitely not treated as an evergreen by DC in the same way Killing Joke, Watchmen and even V for Vendetta are.
    Yeah I agree and thatís unfortunate. I hope that changes with the release of the Absolute collections. Maybe an omnibus and OHCs will eventually follow. I doubt it but still...

On a side note, Iím also hoping with the new series by Lemire that Tom Strong gets a nice collection. Itís the only major Moore ABC title that hasnít been reproduced in Absolute (other than, I think, the series that collected a bunch of short tales).

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Only read the first trade. It was alright. I didn't really care for the artist. Probably pick up the first HC at least
    I thought the first two books were good, but then the story went off at a tangent and I essentially dropped it. i may pick up the digital editions during a sale to see what happens but I didn't like the direction the book took. The original idea was fantastic.

I was thinking about getting Letter 44 vol. 1 - is it any good?
    I read the whole series and really dug it. Charles Soule sure knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    I read the whole series and really dug it. Charles Soule sure knows what he's doing.
    Soule is a great writer and someone I have confidence in for a blind buy.

And . . . . speaking of blind buys. I just got Nailbiter OHC vol. 1 and I know nothing about it. Good move or not?

And . . . . speaking of blind buys. I just got Nailbiter OHC vol. 1 and I know nothing about it. Good move or not?
    Great move! I really like it.

Letter 44 is going to be a blind buy for me too.

Amazing Member

Does anyone know if the Ex Machina (BKV) omnibus is still coming? It's no longer on IST's site for upcoming releases. It used to be, but disappeared in the last week or so.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Does anyone know if the Ex Machina (BKV) omnibus is still coming? It's no longer on IST's site for upcoming releases. It used to be, but disappeared in the last week or so.
    I believe it comes out this week. It was listed on IST Upcoming for like 2 weeks ago or so when the date was still in June, seems like IST never got the update about it releasing in 7/11. Either way it should be out tomorrow, or I hope it is as I was looking to get it as well

I didn’t think that much of it, and for the life of me I can’t remember why! I do know that it ended up on eBay though

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I didn’t think that much of it, and for the life of me I can’t remember why! I do know that it ended up on eBay though
    Haha. Fair enough. I got a really good deal on it, so I’m going to give volume 1 a shot.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    It was added to my DCBS ship list today, so yes, it should come out on the 11th. Should be available on IST tomorrow at 3pm EST.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    I believe it comes out this week. It was listed on IST Upcoming for like 2 weeks ago or so when the date was still in June, seems like IST never got the update about it releasing in 7/11. Either way it should be out tomorrow, or I hope it is as I was looking to get it as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    It was added to my DCBS ship list today, so yes, it should come out on the 11th. Should be available on IST tomorrow at 3pm EST.
    Thanks.

Thoughts on Dynamite's James Bond comics? Particularly post- Ellis? I liked his 12 issues, but I've never really read anything by Diggle that impressed me.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Thoughts on Dynamite's James Bond comics? Particularly post- Ellis? I liked his 12 issues, but I've never really read anything by Diggle that impressed me.
    I have loved everything so far, I really look forward to these being released (and I’m not even a massive JB fan, I only like Daniel Craig JB)