Page 689 of 865 FirstFirst ... 189589639679685686687688689690691692693699739789 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,335 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Paper Girls v1
    Descender v1
    Black Science v2
    Sunstone v2
    Walking Dead Omni v7

Are the new HCs for those who dont care to scroll
    Thanks!
    I'm down for Black Science and TWD v. 7. I'm also going to give Descender a shot. Never heard of it but Lemire is pretty decent.

I saw a Green Valley hardcover in there somewhere but didn't see anything about it being deluxe/oversized.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks!
    I'm down for Black Science and TWD v. 7. I'm also going to give Descender a shot. Never heard of it but Lemire is pretty decent.
    Descender is great. Probably in my top 5 atm.

Incredible Member

While I was away, delivery person brought me some good stuff. I am happy with how my Marvel collection is coming along now that I've decided to get back into Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Paper Girls v1
    Descender v1
    Black Science v2
    Sunstone v2
    Walking Dead Omni v7

Are the new HCs for those who dont care to scroll
    Picking up those first four, nice. Been waiting on, well, all of them really

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    I've been desperate for a Descender deluxe for a while now! I almost gave up on it and nearly bought the TPBs this week but held off. So glad I did now.

I'm still disappointed that Spread hasn't been given the deluxe treatment yet though.
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 04-28-2017 at 01:13 AM.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    Glad to see Copperhead back on target. I'm hoping for a Deluxe edition at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    While I was away, delivery person brought me some good stuff. I am happy with how my Marvel collection is coming along now that I've decided to get back into Marvel.

so many good stuff! Loved Phonogram even though it was some serious hipster bs but I really don't mind it Started reading DD v1 a few days ago and it is just as good as I remembered. Brubaker is really an addictive writer.

I'll be interested in hearing everybody's opinion on Descender when it comes out. I was reading it in singles but dropped it after about 14 or 15 issues. Nguyen's art is ok but I don't love it as much as some and I kind of got tired of it. The biggest problem for me though was the story telling. I thought conceptually it was very good and the first arc started strong but not long after that it started to get just very boring for me and I didn't really care or feel any attachment to the characters. Maybe this is one of those books that just reads better in larger chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I'll be interested in hearing everybody's opinion on Descender when it comes out. I was reading it in singles but dropped it after about 14 or 15 issues. Nguyen's art is ok but I don't love it as much as some and I kind of got tired of it. The biggest problem for me though was the story telling. I thought conceptually it was very good and the first arc started strong but not long after that it started to get just very boring for me and I didn't really care or feel any attachment to the characters. Maybe this is one of those books that just reads better in larger chunks.
    15 issues is a pretty big chunk, so if you didn't like it by then I doubt it will get better. It's a blind buy for me. Lemire is a hit or miss writer. Some stuff I really like and some of his stuff bores me to tears.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I tried it, but didn't really care for it. It just isn't my cup of tea.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Bad art, cliche story. Not for me.

I'll skip it too.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Awesome stuff there. Need to get Knightfall at some point too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Bad art, cliche story. Not for me.
    Yeesh. With reviews like this, it's a wonder the series stays afloat.