Page 70 of 865 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170570 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 12974

photo.jpg

Alright, I know this isn't a tpb discussion, but there isn't a General TPB discussion anyway, so I'll put this here.

Nothing extravagant on the DC side, just catching up on the New 52 since I'm liking this organic universe that they've started. It looks like things are genuinely shaking up nowadays.

But the Spider-man trades are the ones I wanted to point out, since some people probably don't even know they exist. They're not available in hardcover as far as I know. It's 2 volumes of 4 of the JMS run. Maybe it didn't end on a great note, but JMS is the type of writer I used to follow religiously. Can't wait to get started on them tonight.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys. I will endeavour to put it to good use. Once I have ticked New X-Men and the Zomnibus off my list I'll probably turn my attentions to those Library editions. I am especially looking forward to getting my hands on Fear Agent.
    Fear aagent LE is amazing. Want some pics?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    Alright, I know this isn't a tpb discussion, but there isn't a General TPB discussion anyway, so I'll put this here.
    You know what? I'm creating one thread right now.

Nothing extravagant on the DC side, just catching up on the New 52 since I'm liking this organic universe that they've started. It looks like things are genuinely shaking up nowadays.
    I thought the same and then... disappointment. Not that the stories are bad, but sometimes things that needed to be changed are not, whereas things that did not need it are changed it. I guess it's a matter of taste and opinions.

But the Spider-man trades are the ones I wanted to point out, since some people probably don't even know they exist. They're not available in hardcover as far as I know. It's 2 volumes of 4 of the JMS run. Maybe it didn't end on a great note, but JMS is the type of writer I used to follow religiously. Can't wait to get started on them tonight.
    JMS's run ended with Romita's departure. Period. Sins of the Past never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    I was thinking about getting the Wasteland Apocalyptic editions, but was wondering what people thought of it before I pull the trigger. I've always heard about it, but don't know too much about it.
    I have the first volume and read few stories, it's a cool story, b&w art, from the reviews online story should be good in other volumes too.
    And, it's a really nice book, i wish all HCs are of that quality.

I need that Ditko Shorts assuming that it's new material.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Fear aagent LE is amazing. Want some pics?
    Well I've decided to buy them so I don't need convincing, if you want to make me drool though go ahead.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

Hellboy: Weird Tales HC
    Mike Mignola (W/A/Cover), John Cassaday (W/A), J. H. Williams III (W/A), Craig Thompson (W/A), Evan Dorkin (W/A), Dave Stewart (C), Michelle Madsen (C), and others
    On sale Nov 26
    FC, 256 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 7" x 10"
    Collects Hellboy: Weird Tales Volumes 1 and 2.
    7x10 means its not going to be the same size as the LE's that's really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Well I've decided to buy them so I don't need convincing, if you want to make me drool though go ahead.
    Just check the first page of this thread where you can find some links to pics that have already been posted in this thread. Fear Agent LE's 1 and 2 are among those books.

this past weekend i was finally able to get to dive into the metabarons....that is some of the craziest **** i have ever read. i think my favorite chapter was steelhead. will be getting into genesis: castaka very soon.

ordered the luminous incal deluxe edition, so hopefully that will be in this week. i saw someone else here recently got it as well. trying to pace myself on the rest, but don't want to get caught if they all of a sudden become unavailable...
    formerly 'weeks'

The deluxe collects thr mini and #11-#14 of Harbinger and #11-#13 of Bloodshot. But since I already have the Bloodshot and Harbinger issues in the other deluxes I'm debating if I should double dip and just buy the deluxe for the whole story in one book, just buy the trade or don't bother at all
    Speaking of which, where on Earth is the Harbinger Wars deluxe? I was supposed to be out last week and it's still not available anywhere. Even Amazon doesn't have it and they were supposed to have it today.

THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS, VOL. 1 HC
    STORY: JONATHAN HICKMAN
    ART: NICK PITARRA
    SEPTEMBER 24 / 300 PAGES / FC / T+ / $34.99
    "SCIENCE. BAD."
    What if the research and development department created to produce the first atomic bomb was a front for a series of other, more unusual, programs? What if the union of a generation's brightest minds was not a signal for optimism, but foreboding? What if everything...went wrong?
    Collects THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS #1-10
    This fish popped up while ago and I immediately decided to stop buying East of West. I'll be getting the MP HC but I would love to get East of West in over-sized format. Hopefully, it will follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    This fish popped up while ago and I immediately decided to stop buying East of West. I'll be getting the MP HC but I would love to get East of West in over-sized format. Hopefully, it will follow suit.
    Nevermind... completely misread your post...
    Last edited by MartinNL; 06-17-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    I have the first volume and read few stories, it's a cool story, b&w art, from the reviews online story should be good in other volumes too.
    And, it's a really nice book, i wish all HCs are of that quality.
    Thanks for the reply. Every time I think I am done buying things for awhile something piques my interest which usually results in more money spent. Lol