Page 315 of 865 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415815 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I think Low has been pretty amazing. Probably my favourite book at the minute.

Tocchini's art has been pretty immense. I noticed a few pages back that amazon are taking preorders for Last Days of American Crime, which is an earlier collaboration between Remender and Tocchini, think I'll go for it on the strength of Low.

Also really looking forward to a deluxe.
    Black Science and Deadly Class have been high caliber, too.

Amazing Member

If I had one complaint about East of West, it would be that I really couldn't care less about the characters or their world. I really can't sympathize with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    If I had one complaint about East of West, it would be that I really couldn't care less about the characters or their world. I really can't sympathize with any of them.
    That's a good point and a what I think is a common problem with Hickman. His characters are just vehicles to move the plot and he's never great at building them up at all or connecting you to them.

I really enjoy the book but the characters could all die and I don't think I'd care.

I haven't read East of West but that is what I'm finding with his Avengers at the moment. Other than the fact I know who each person is supposed to be they are all interchangeable, really they are characterless they just happen to have a certain visual power set. It's a shame because the Avengers hasn't paid off yet but you can see interesting seeds and I hear a lot about his pay offs. Unfortunately its got to be about characters to be invested. I'd like to try East of West but it's not worth spending the money knowing that I might never connect with a character.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Which is why after reading the first 6 issue arc I dropped the book. I don't get the raves from everyone else but you know "chocolate/vanilla/strawberry", diff flavors and all that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

My 13 year old son is looking to get into Aliens comics after recently watching the first two films (we haven't disappointed him with 3 or 4 yet). What Alien collected edition(s) do you guys recommend I get him started on. Should I simply start with Omnibus Vol. 1 (and explain the whole Hicks/Wilks & Newt/Billie thing)?

Is this the Library Edition?

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Dark...L-01/JUN120037

I'm assuming it is but thought I'd ask to be safe...
    Last edited by Cap'n_RDM; 04-23-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Yes, that's the one.

Yes... just picked it up last month. I had the same question, but it is indeed the Library Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    New books galore. Bought way too much... They keep on releasing all these excellent books at the same time. Ah well... I finally have a weekend off so I can delve into some of these and my mountain of unread books.

that's a nice haul! i have polar (which i LOVED vol 1) and copra round 2 on its way. and i really enjoyed the first issue of rebels.
    formerly 'weeks'

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Speaking of Morrison has anyone read nameless? Man, that's some weird shit and i like it! Burnam looks great! like to see a bigger format hc for the art. For dummy me multiple rereads are essential but its so damn fun!

Also finished reading peter Pan HC by Loisel. Wow. It was a brilliant piece of work but I greedily wished there were more. An epic and the best retelling of peter pan IMO
    Last edited by Gerald Keefer; 04-24-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Speaking of Morrison has anyone read nameless? Man, that's some weird shit and i like it! Burnam looks great! like to see a bigger format hc for the art. For dummy me multiple rereads are essential but its so damn fun!

Also finished reading peter Pan HC by Loisel. Wow. It was a brilliant piece of work but I greedily wished there were more. An epic and the best retelling of peter pan IMO
    So far loveing Nameless, hope it's gonna be deluxed right away just like Multiversity.
    That damn Peter Pan is so tempting, everybody is raving about it, I'm just not too familiar with the original tale and I usually don't care about classic children's fiction (like Alice, Oz and all that stuff)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    So far loveing Nameless, hope it's gonna be deluxed right away just like Multiversity.
    That damn Peter Pan is so tempting, everybody is raving about it, I'm just not too familiar with the original tale and I usually don't care about classic children's fiction (like Alice, Oz and all that stuff)
    I typically love Morrison but he's not rocking my world nowadays. I didn't know what the hell was going on in Nameless or Multiversity for that matter, and my attitude towards having to interpret his work has changed over the years.

Now, Peter Pan. I didn't know if I'd like it or not but I liked the art. It's especially dark when compared to the children's story you're familiar with. Apparently, the original book itself is darker than it is often interpreted. Thankfully, you need no knowledge of it since the story is a prequel.

I typically love Morrison but he's not rocking my world nowadays. I didn't know what the hell was going on in Nameless or Multiversity for that matter, and my attitude towards having to interpret his work has changed over the years.

Now, Peter Pan. I didn't know if I'd like it or not but I liked the art. It's especially dark when compared to the children's story you're familiar with. Apparently, the original book itself is darker than it is often interpreted. Thankfully, you need no knowledge of it since the story is a prequel.
    Probably gonna pull the trigger on that Peter Pan sooner or later, good to know that no prior knowledge is required, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Yes, that's the one.
    Quote Originally Posted by runwithit View Post
    Yes... just picked it up last month. I had the same question, but it is indeed the Library Edition.
    Thanks for confirming guys!