Page 691 of 865 FirstFirst ... 191591641681687688689690691692693694695701741791 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Boo!

I read Black Science in singles and love it, but haven't bought the hardcover yet. I'll break down and get it at some point, bad binding and all, just to have Scalera's art at that size, giant pointy witch noses and all. Speaking of, he draws a damn good witch. Overall I don't think it's better than Fear Agent at this point. That opinion could change depending on how Black Science ultimately ends and if Remender can nail the ending as well as he did Fear Agent.

If there happens to be anybody reading this that has never read Fear Agent, go buy those two Library Editions NOW! It's one of the all-time greats IMO.

On the topic of Image hardcovers, was there ever a Nailbiter volume 2 announced? I've never read any of it, but saw the series ended a couple of months ago.

Next, on the topic of Joshua Williamson, I wish they'd do a deluxe hardcover of Birthright. Another I read in singles that's been really good and under appreciated and talked about. At least if you like fantasy books.
    I'm reading this, and I've never read them! I do have a question about them though. How big are they? Are they "Remender Sized" (the same size as the Deadly Class Deluxe)?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm reading this, and I've never read them! I do have a question about them though. How big are they? Are they "Remender Sized" (the same size as the Deadly Class Deluxe)?
    tmp_2243-20170502_113719-1624248862.jpg

It's a little bit bigger.

I had a look and now they are on my long list. Damn you!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    i too loved Fear Agent and i think i was expecting more of the same with Black Science, and to be honest, the story may have been ok but i really couldn't get passed the terrible art
    The art wasn't the best. The thing for me is that - although I didn't hate Black Science and I'll probably get the next one - I don't recall any of the characters being very likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    tmp_2243-20170502_113719-1624248862.jpg

It's a little bit bigger.
    Thanks for that. I don't own the Black Science Deluxe yet either so nice to see they're all pretty much the same. One slightly annoying thing with Black Science is that the first deluxe I get will be glued (since they changed it), and volume 2 will likely be sewn.

Thanks for that. I don't own the Black Science Deluxe yet either so nice to see they're all pretty much the same. One slightly annoying thing with Black Science is that the first deluxe I get will be glued (since they changed it), and volume 2 will likely be sewn.
    Mine is also glued.

Tokyo Ghost and Low will follow in july and october. The End league from Dark Horse is due for october.
    Last edited by JPAR; 05-02-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Amazing Member

It's a glued binding with, sadly, a lot of gutter loss. But the story and the art are great.
    lol, Remender himself says otherwise https://twitter.com/Remender/status/856599042003918848
    Last edited by benkerino; 05-02-2017 at 04:41 AM.

Last edited by JPAR; 05-02-2017 at 04:59 AM.

Mine is also glued.

Tokyo Ghost and Low will follow in july and october. The End league from Dark Horse is due for october.
    I'll be getting Low, unsure on Tokyo Ghost at the moment. I've not read either of them (nor Black Science), but Low sounds right up my street, as does Black Science. I'm tempted to get the first trade of Black Science just to try it out. It sounds as if the art is dividing opinion, so I might have to try a trade before buying the deluxe.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    lol, Remender himself says otherwise https://twitter.com/Remender/status/856599042003918848
    OK seriously, what exactly is Remender talking about there?? I'm a huge fan of his work (Fear Agent especially) but how can he be that out to lunch on bindings?? Glued bindings are better but you need to bend them open fully? errrr, Rick, it looks to me like what you've done with your awesome Vol 1 HC is actually cracked that great glued binding...in other words damaged it. lol...

And sewn bindings are cheaper? Really?
    Last edited by zevious zoquis; 05-02-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    OK seriously, what exactly is Remender talking about there?? I'm a huge fan of his work (Fear Agent especially) but how can he be that out to lunch on bindings?? Glued bindings are better but you need to bend them open fully? errrr, Rick, it looks to me like what you've done with your awesome Vol 1 HC is actually cracked that great glued binding...in other words damaged it. lol...

And sewn bindings are cheaper? Really?
    It looks to me too that he actually cracked it. Also, isn't every one of these bindings are sewn but then they glue the pages to the spine? Also I'm pretty sure there are different sewn bindings as well, one might be cheaper than the other. I remember browsing a book bindery's website and they mentioned different type of bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    i too loved Fear Agent and i think i was expecting more of the same with Black Science, and to be honest, the story may have been ok but i really couldn't get passed the terrible art
    Oh man, now I think you're just trolling . Seriously though, he certainly has his own unique style which is never going to be for everyone. I absolutely love his art in this book. I don't think I'd want to see him draw a Justice League book though. Although he did draw one of the filler issues in New 52 Batman, which I remember loving as well.

I'll be getting Low, unsure on Tokyo Ghost at the moment. I've not read either of them (nor Black Science), but Low sounds right up my street, as does Black Science. I'm tempted to get the first trade of Black Science just to try it out. It sounds as if the art is dividing opinion, so I might have to try a trade before buying the deluxe.
    The wonderful thing about Image is those cheap volume 1 trades. Also, if you ever want to check out art, Comixology is great for this. Every issue usually has three preview pages.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    The wonderful thing about Image is those cheap volume 1 trades. Also, if you ever want to check out art, Comixology is great for this. Every issue usually has three preview pages.
    That didn't even cross my mind, and I have a Comixology account (which I never use)! Thanks!

It occurred to me that the only stumbling block in my comic book habit is money. So, I really just need to obtain an unlimited amount of money, right? I mean, now I know what I need to do at least :/
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”