Page 732 of 865 FirstFirst ... 232632682722728729730731732733734735736742782832 ... LastLast
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    That copy of 'The true lives of the fabulous Killjoys' is it a hardcover and is it any good? Money's worth?
    It's a slipcase hc, it was a limited edition but it's much easier to find than the Umbrella academy ones ...but it's a lesser quality story too IMHO. It's not bad but it felt very Morrison light, I was kinda disappointed and sold my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It's a slipcase hc, it was a limited edition but it's much easier to find than the Umbrella academy ones ...but it's a lesser quality story too IMHO. It's not bad but it felt very Morrison light, I was kinda disappointed and sold my copy.
    Ok, I'll pass on that one. Umbrella academy is allmost impossible to find, or not?

Yep, same here, liked art, it's Becky Cloonan after all, but story was a mess. Nice edition thou.

Incredible Member

I'd agree with this assessment. But I kept my copy because I enjoyed the art and the quality was solid. Looks great on the shelf.

Ok, I'll pass on that one. Umbrella academy is allmost impossible to find, or not?
    vol 1 of UA is impossible, vol 2 is not that much. But never give up hope, I got vol 2 for £7 (yes, SEVEN) not long ago, and got Killjoys originally for like £14. BTW if you can find Killjoys for cheap somehow it's worth a shot, as others said the art is pretty and it's a really good quality book I just don't think it's worth paying £30-40 or more.

vol 1 of UA is impossible, vol 2 is not that much. But never give up hope, I got vol 2 for £7 (yes, SEVEN) not long ago, and got Killjoys originally for like £14. BTW if you can find Killjoys for cheap somehow it's worth a shot, as others said the art is pretty and it's a really good quality book I just don't think it's worth paying £30-40 or more.
    I can't even find it for as low as £30-40. I'm paying a lot more around here. I think you have more possibilities in the UK for finding stuff.

I can't even find it for as low as £30-40. I'm paying a lot more around here. I think you have more possibilities in the UK for finding stuff.
    yeah I think so too. Imagine being in the US. BTW I got my Killjoys from the US but that was like 2 years ago.

I've realised that I am very happy to eat everything on toast to have more money for books. I can't tell if this is dedication to my hobby, or concerning :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

yeah I think so too. Imagine being in the US. BTW I got my Killjoys from the US but that was like 2 years ago.
    Most of my stuff comes from the UK. It's most of the time the cheapest option. Here in the Netherlands it's only Cheap comics that's got some good deals. For the rest they charge the $ price in €, with some extra

Another good signing, this time with Abnett and Culbard.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Another good signing, this time with Abnett and Culbard.

Nice!

What is that Brass Sun? Do you have some other pictures?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I've realised that I am very happy to eat everything on toast to have more money for books. I can't tell if this is dedication to my hobby, or concerning :P
    LOL!

10 char
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Nice!

What is that Brass Sun? Do you have some other pictures?
    Not a problem. It's 2000 AD, duh!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Not a problem. It's 2000 AD, duh!

Oh, duh?! Haha. I'm fairly new, so you've still got to teach me about a lot of things.

Any upcoming reprints or even an Omnibus of Criminal by Brubaker/Phillips?

I picked up Vol 2 cheap locally(after selling both Volumes) and figured I should complete the set.