Page 524 of 865 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    There's a precedent for that: the latest "Edena Integral" (complete collection) by French publisher Casterman is 408 pages at 35.3 x 22.6cm (about 14x9 inches - as a reference: that is more than one inch taller than a DC Absolute). I was actually thinking about getting it, but I have most of the volumes in single HCs already.
    After looking into it it seems it is quite a bit smaller than that. It comes in a large (cardboard) box and it seems most shops use the dimensions of the box, not the actual book. I found an auction on ebay where they put it next to a first printing of 'Major Fatal' and it seems like it's almost the same size as that one which would make it about 23 x 29,5 cm.

Last edited by aaltomuoto; 02-19-2016 at 08:22 AM. Reason: zpelling

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    For me it was the opposite, I loved harbinger but didnt really get on board with xo manowar. The 2ND volume of xo was much better in my opinion, I dont know what about volume 1 didnt do it for me. I pretty much have loved all the volume 1s that I have read, apart from shadowman, which I still enjoyed, just didn't blow me away. I think I might be in the minority, but I actually adored quantum and woody, I dont usually laugh when I read books. I feel like Q&W is what early deadpool was aiming for
    Quantum and Woody is hilarious. Never laughed so much reading a comic as I did with the arc that had them sneaking onto the anti-government white supremacist survivalist militia.

I have been saving for this one for a few months now, but I have absolutely no regret as I have now 184 pages of Kevin O'Neill's hi res scanned original art.

http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...gentlemen.html

I could stare this kind of page for hours :

20160217_160538 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    I have been saving for this one for a few months now, but I have absolutely no regret as I have now 184 pages of Kevin O'Neill's hi res scanned original art.

20160217_160538 (1).jpg
    Pure awesomness. Great stuff, man.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    That is smaller than the French b&w editions then, which are 40x30 cm.
    You're right and I stand corrected. I asked the publisher on FB and they confirmed it won't be 40x30, but rather their own large format, since 40x30 is in their experience not easy to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    It was mini but a sequel, Divinity II, is being released in April.

Curious about your thoughts on Harbinger. Joshua Dysart's run following Peter Stanchek in Harbinger to Toyo Harada in the current Imperium has been my favorite thing to come from the publisher and one of my favorite runs in the medium from the last few years.
    Harbinger's only interesting aspect for me was Harada and his history. I felt like every other main character was completely unlikable and uninteresting. It also felt aimless plot-wise. I thought about giving it another shot with volume 2 but when I read the Harbinger issues in Armor Wars I was reminded of how boring these characters were to me. But if more focus shifted to Harada then I might be in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I picked up the first Harbinger hardcover when it came out and vehemently hated it, even apart from the fact that it was stupidly mapped-out in terms of Harbinger Wars. I also gave X-O a try and liked that better, but not enough to keep going. If it was revealed that Aric was actually the villain of the comic it would make more sense and maybe be more compelling, but there was just no real character development or people to hang our hats on. After that I gave up on Valiant, even though I love VH1.
    X-O really interested me and had a quick moving fun plot. In volume 2 it does kind of touch on the issue of, is Aric really a good guy and by the end I think we see some character development. Especially by the end of Armor Wars, we get more interesting beats with Aric and some evolution.

Quantum and Woody is hilarious. Never laughed so much reading a comic as I did with the arc that had them sneaking onto the anti-government white supremacist survivalist militia.
    I actually really enjoyed the first 4 issues of Quantom and Woody. I don't think I finished the second art. The artwork was horrendous and the story wasn't good enough to warrant having to look at it.

Recent arrivals:

I could pour for hours over every single page by Serpieri and Toppi.

Spectacular Member

20160217_160538 (1).jpg
    Oh my, you got the remarqued edition, nice. Good to see that list of what is and isn't included at the end of the page as I'd assumed they'd collected everything related to the first volume but I see there's a few things missing after all. Can't wait for volume two in any case and possibly beyond would be nice. If O'Neill still possesses the artwork, though, I would kill for 2000AD to collect all his Nemesis the Warlock goodness as I hold it in the highest regard next to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as his finest comic art (though perhaps Marshal Law makes it a three-way tie?). Out of curiosity, did you go for the O'Neil and Jacen Burrows illustrations tier of the Cinema Purgatorio Kickstarter?

I loved Quantum and Woody. I keep debating whether I wanna get the omnibus of the original series, but I don't know if it holds up or if reading the new one first will hurt reading the old stuff.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Fantastic Member

My latest haul:

I'm happy to have the complete Calvin and Hobbes in my collection. I'm reading few pages every evening and this is the most kind and nice comic book ever made.

I bought complete Calvin and Hobbes years ago and love i. I still flip through it now and then and I've not come across a bad strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Oh my, you got the remarqued edition, nice. Good to see that list of what is and isn't included at the end of the page as I'd assumed they'd collected everything related to the first volume but I see there's a few things missing after all. Can't wait for volume two in any case and possibly beyond would be nice. If O'Neill still possesses the artwork, though, I would kill for 2000AD to collect all his Nemesis the Warlock goodness as I hold it in the highest regard next to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as his finest comic art (though perhaps Marshal Law makes it a three-way tie?). Out of curiosity, did you go for the O'Neil and Jacen Burrows illustrations tier of the Cinema Purgatorio Kickstarter?
    If it would have not been for O'Neill's piece of artwork I would have taken a lower tier (although I am quite found of Burrows). This first semester is killing me and forces me to put on hold all the regular stuff I usually buy (mainly French books).
    O'Neill's coloring on Marshal Law is fabulous, so a "painted" artist edition would really make my day.
    Last edited by vark; 02-21-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Incredible Member

Can anyone tell me if the premiere Black Science hardcover and Private Eye hardcover match up vertically on the shelf?
    Both about 12 inches, so they hopefully should.

Thanks a lot.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the premiere Black Science hardcover and Private Eye hardcover match up vertically on the shelf?
    Both about 12 inches, so they hopefully should.

Thanks a lot.
    You know private eye is printed horizontally, and not vertically.

The spine is 7.5"

Spectacular Member

If it would have not been for O'Neill's piece of artwork I would have taken a lower tier (although I am quite found of Burrows). This first semester is killing me and forces me to put on hold all the regular stuff I usually buy (mainly French books).
    Jeez, I hope you didn't buy any of the add-ons on top of that, haha. But I hear you, Artist Edition-like books are going to put me on the street this year.