Page 607 of 865 FirstFirst ... 107507557597603604605606607608609610611617657707 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=LordJulius;2311815]Some artwork, beginning with Sienkiewicz's first ever NM page. Right away you knew something extraordinary was going to happen to this title:

OH MY GOD THAT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!

i MUST have this. thanks for posting (or not, not sure about it )

so those colour separation keys are part of the regular print run or is it a special limited edition?

Fantastic Member

just checked the obvious sites... no chance. man, i should have pre-ordered it

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    just checked the obvious sites... no chance. man, i should have pre-ordered it
    Come Monday, you might want to check your LCSs and try to find a copy. A few in the MMW forums got lucky that way.

And yes, the separation keys are part of the regular edition. The limited editions come in a box with a page of original artwork in an extra clothbound sleeve. That's what you get for shelling out $500, though.

That New mutant's book is a thing of beauty, I love me some sienkiewicz. Seems like I've missed out on that one though...

My haul for the last few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    That New mutant's book is a thing of beauty, I love me some sienkiewicz. Seems like I've missed out on that one though...

My haul for the last few weeks

The new Jodo book. Been trying for ages to get a decent priced copy of the French edition. Guess I gotta wait till I go to Brussels next month. I've also come across Simon de Fleuve before. Is it a typical Franco-Belgian adventure comic?

Crepax-V2-Cover.jpg

The Complete Crepax: The Time Eaters & Other Stories
    Guido Crepax
    $75.00

This product will be shipped on 11/16/2016

Spanning the 1960s–1980s, this science-fiction-themed second volume of our complete Guido Crepax library features, in addition to adventuress Valentina, two more of the famed Italian erotic artist’s heroines. Marianna is a mysterious friend of Valentina’s (or is she? And why do they look so alike?). Belinda is a motorcycle-driving, pop art action star inspired by then contemporary characters like Barbarella. In The Time Eaters & Other Stories, Valentina meets a curious couple in an asylum, encounters strange creatures on a photo assignment, is caught in a Rube-Goldberg-like death trap, and much more. Reproduced in a lush, oversized format to best showcase the sensuous beauty of Crepax’s drawing, these volumes also include contextual essays about the cartoonist — and the real-world, mid-century Milan that the characters inhabit — by an international cast of comics critics and historians. Universally acclaimed as one of the most extravagant and luxurious series of comics collections ever published, The Time Eaters more than lives up to the critical reception of our first volume of The Complete Crepax.

Pages: 440
    Colors: black & white
    Format: Hardcover
    Dimensions: 10 ¼” x 14”
    ISBN-13: 978-1-60699-973-8
    Year: 2016

My latest

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Come Monday, you might want to check your LCSs and try to find a copy. A few in the MMW forums got lucky that way.

And yes, the separation keys are part of the regular edition. The limited editions come in a box with a page of original artwork in an extra clothbound sleeve. That's what you get for shelling out $500, though.
    Wow, didn't realize you got a page of original art. Damn, I bet his art alone is worth $500.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Wow, didn't realize you got a page of original art. Damn, I bet his art alone is worth $500.
    Oh, no. I didn't. I just got the 'measly' regular edition, limited to 999 copies and which is 'only' signed ($100). The $500 OA edition is much rarer (25 copies, IIRC). And there will be another OA edition later on with colored art (the former has b&w OA). Price and release date have yet to be announced for that one, but I assume it'll be somewhere north of $750.

Anyone got the Wally Wood EC ARTISAN edition ? The paperback version of the artist's edition.
    I wanted to give Wood's EC stuff another chance because his art is amazing so I thought I would sort of approach it trough that and this version seems the most affordable way. Is it a handsome book or there is no point looking at the raw art pages without having them in the original size?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Anyone got the Wally Wood EC ARTISAN edition ? The paperback version of the artist's edition.
    I wanted to give Wood's EC stuff another chance because his art is amazing so I thought I would sort of approach it trough that and this version seems the most affordable way. Is it a handsome book or there is no point looking at the raw art pages without having them in the original size?
    I have it and I think it's a very nice book...

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    I have it and I think it's a very nice book...
    thanks! I was secretly hoping it's not worth it :P

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    thanks! I was secretly hoping it's not worth it :P
    Sorry to disappoint you.

However, as is always the case with these things, if you can find it for a nice price somewhere you'll enjoy it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you.

However, as is always the case with these things, if you can find it for a nice price somewhere you'll enjoy it even more.
    I've unfortunately missed a nice price on Amazon it 2 weeks ago. Same with another 3 books. I keep hesitating on good prices and when the deal disappears I just get angry and end up buying something expensive instead (missed a 50 quid deal so I've spent almost 3 times as much on the DD AE instead...because I have more money than common sense )

Fantastic Member

yeah i've had similar experiences myself. I'm sitting right now on a few books I'd like to order but I'm forcing myself to wait till there's some sort of discount offer on Amazon.ca. They've been offering a 15% off deal on a fairly regular basis lately so hopefully not too long to wait but it's tough to do. It's a painful thing to finally have that deal arrive only to discover the book you're after has gone out of stock or (god forbid) out of print...