Page 540 of 850 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 12739
  1. #8086
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default

    My latest haul


  2. #8087
    Spectacular Member Sandbagger77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrStayPuft View Post
    My latest haul

    Woke up, looked at this pic and at first was wondering what the hell the 'Emo Trilogy' was...

  3. #8088
    Mighty Member lvizzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Brian Bolland and Mike McMahon will be signing Cursed Earth uncensored at Gosh! July 16th. I know you can bring other books too and my Killing Joke is SOOO get signed by Bolland! Same with Animal Man. I have couple Dredd books with his art. Should I get something more?

  4. #8089
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Brian Bolland and Mike McMahon will be signing Cursed Earth uncensored at Gosh! July 16th. I know you can bring other books too and my Killing Joke is SOOO get signed by Bolland! Same with Animal Man. I have couple Dredd books with his art. Should I get something more?
    What about Camelot 3000? That's an overlooked classic where his artwork's concerned.

  5. #8090
    Senior Member MartinNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Got these books today...


  6. #8091
    Mighty Member lvizzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Would it be blasphemy if I say DD omni by Miller is nothing special? Read it recently and...I didn't really like it. It's ok, and last couple issues are great but I can't stand seeing same thing again and again. Same things being said, Matt Murdock lost vision but all his other senses have been improved...blablabla. I don't care! I don't.

    I know that how comics used to be but it just doesn't stand test of time.

    Bluberry - pretty good but lots of text to read. Oldie western.

    Ballad of Halo Jones - holy crap, that was good. Not the best from Moore but I liked it a lot.

    Oh, and get that Creepax book from Fanta guys, looks fantastic, whole collection on shelf will look sick! Can't wait to get more naughty stuff like Justine. I have it in polish anyway but this format is much bigger.


    Punisher in DD season 2 was amazing, again: villain steals the show, episode 4 when Frank tells his story on cementary, my god, soo bloody good acting. Electra was terrible, such a waste. And I liked Karren at last.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 03-25-2016 at 04:59 AM.

  7. #8092
    Mighty Member lvizzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    What about Camelot 3000? That's an overlooked classic where his artwork's concerned.
    I have to check it out now, don't I?

  8. #8093
    Fantastic Member Fuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Hellboy Library 1-6, last score, yes.

    BDX_nl_zPpUjsDgc6_oTBE3Z5gYWy1GHYv4Av80.jpg

  9. #8094
    Fantastic Member aaltomuoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Bluberry - pretty good but lots of text to read. Oldie western.
    Which storyline did you read? The earlier 'Fort Navajo' stories are way more old fashioned than the later ones (Mostly the entire "confederate gold" storyline that runs from "Chihuahua Pearl" to "Arizona Love"). Although they're definitely more text heavy than today's compressed storytelling.

  10. #8095
    Fantastic Member dishpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    So Terry Moore have already started preorder sales for the Rachel Rising Black omnibus edition:

    Signed and numbered bookplate
    Limited to 750 copies
    All black embossed cover
    776 pages including color cover gallery
    Pre-orders will receive a signed comic book size print

    So hurry up: http://www.rachel-rising.com/store/omnibus.html

    thank you, i would not have known about this if it wasnt for you. i got my order in

  11. #8096
    Mighty Member LordJulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Latest:





    Two books particularly stand out:

    - "Der marokkanische Frühling" (available in English as "Of Blood and Gold" only in digital form): brilliant fast-paced adventure that can best be described as the bastard child of "The Sting" and "Lawrence of Arabia". Needs to be turned into a film soon.

    - "Mutter Krieg" (translates as "Mother War", so far no English translation): amazing psychological thriller set against the backdrop of the trench warfare in WW I; a mix between "Silence of the Lambs" and "All Quiet on the Western Front".

    Both are higly recommended.

    Those of you that speak German, you can get a new copy of "Mutter Krieg" for less than €7 shipped from Better World Books via AbeBooks. It usually costs €39, so that's a bargain. However, Better World Books do not pack their books well at all (mine came in a plastic envelope without any padding whatsoever), but for that price, I was willing to take the gamble. Luckily, it arrived with only a few minor dents on the corners.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 03-26-2016 at 03:52 AM.

  12. #8097
    Illest Alive PLEDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Would it be blasphemy if I say DD omni by Miller is nothing special? Read it recently and...I didn't really like it. It's ok, and last couple issues are great but I can't stand seeing same thing again and again. Same things being said, Matt Murdock lost vision but all his other senses have been improved...blablabla. I don't care! I don't.

    I know that how comics used to be but it just doesn't stand test of time.

    Bluberry - pretty good but lots of text to read. Oldie western.

    Ballad of Halo Jones - holy crap, that was good. Not the best from Moore but I liked it a lot.

    Oh, and get that Creepax book from Fanta guys, looks fantastic, whole collection on shelf will look sick! Can't wait to get more naughty stuff like Justine. I have it in polish anyway but this format is much bigger.


    Punisher in DD season 2 was amazing, again: villain steals the show, episode 4 when Frank tells his story on cementary, my god, soo bloody good acting. Electra was terrible, such a waste. And I liked Karren at last.
    You aren't alone on Miller's DD...lots of people don't really care for the material in the first omnibus...the companion is where the true gold is. I agree that it did start to become much better towards the end though.
    As for the Netflix show, season 2 was great..but nowhere near as focused as season 1. I actually didn't mind Elektra..the depiction was a hell of a lot more accurate than the one in the movie thats for sure.

  13. #8098
    Amazing Member Wollodrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    So Terry Moore have already started preorder sales for the Rachel Rising Black omnibus edition:

    Signed and numbered bookplate
    Limited to 750 copies
    All black embossed cover
    776 pages including color cover gallery
    Pre-orders will receive a signed comic book size print

    So hurry up: http://www.rachel-rising.com/store/omnibus.html
    Will there also be a normal omnibus for sale in comic shops?
    Not going to pay 66$ shipping + import cost for 1 book.

  14. #8099
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The north.
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    image1.jpg

    I've ordered Jodo's Son of the gun as well. Somewhat thinking about Bouncer, thoughts on that one? Are the more books by Jodo I should check out besides the upcoming Sons of El Topo (art by Ladrönn!)?

  15. #8100
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    image1.jpg

    I've ordered Jodo's Son of the gun as well. Somewhat thinking about Bouncer, thoughts on that one? Are the more books by Jodo I should check out besides the upcoming Sons of El Topo (art by Ladrönn!)?
    I've heard White Lama is really good. I was really disappointed by Son of the gun, it's just too on the nose and the story for me doesn't really justifies the horrible thing happen in the book. Got Bouncer as well but haven't touched it yet, waiting for the inspiration.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •