Page 515 of 865 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565615 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    What is the quality like on humanoids books? (Build not story)
    Cheers, will have to get hold of some, I'm just worried that the varying size of the books may just drive me crazy

As for black science I may cancel, as looking at the pic the artwork doesn't look like something I will enjoy

Is there going to be a reprinting of the second Uncanny X-Men omnibus?

Cheers, will have to get hold of some, I'm just worried that the varying size of the books may just drive me crazy
    it's not worse than any other publisher and they mostly publish the series in the same sizes. The only one I can recall is District 14, the two volumes are standard size but the spin off, Fantastic Voyage of Lady Rosenbilt is ohc. But at least it's not vol3 of District 14 so it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Unreal it looks so nice, and the printing error is so minor they could have done something like lower retail value instead of wasting money reprinting a worse version. Is there seriously any way to get a 1St print?
    I would like to know that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I would like to know that as well.
    Would anybody of really known or thought of that as a printing error? The most I could imagine saying if I'd read it in singles and then bought the HC would be 'Huh, the font is a bit lighter now...'

I picked up the Black Science hardcover yesterday and finally had time to examine it and the binding is just as bad as people are saying - mousetrap in every sense of the word. You have to force the book open in spots just to read the text. It feels like a book out of the early days of collected editions.

Spectacular Member

Really happy to have kept my first printing of Black Science, with the "printing issues", though of course sorry to hear that your copies aren't on par! Botched job on Image's part, for sure!

I think people should jump on twitter and tweet their observations to Image and/or Remender. Maybe they are not too big to not give a hoot about the complaints, unlike Marvel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Got to say I'm disappointed with the binding of Black Science as well. I couldn't care less about those head and tail bands, but it's quite the mousetrap binding, the sort of binding we knew from some years ago on DC books. Really looks like a rush job and not what I'm used to for Image books.
    Just to clarify, it's not that I care so much either about the head and tail bands, I was just in utter shock at the rush job as a whole and couldn't beleven they were missing, as I've never seen that before from a major publisher. I don't want to come a cross as a prude.

What is the quality like on humanoids books? (Build not story)
    I can tell only good words about quality of their books. What you're getting?

Started reading The Boys and mygooddddd, it's soooo freakin' good. Ennis is a god, I really need to get my hands on vol 3. And art is fantastic. Think I'm gonna trade some of my Marvel omnis, I'm not into typical superhero stuff anymore, it's just boring and stupid.

And I got my Martha slipcase. In shrinkwrap. Now I don't want to open it. Plus some other stuff frome same guy, picks will follow at the end of the month.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 02-11-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's not worse than any other publisher and they mostly publish the series in the same sizes. The only one I can recall is District 14, the two volumes are standard size but the spin off, Fantastic Voyage of Lady Rosenbilt is ohc. But at least it's not vol3 of District 14 so it's not that bad.
    Other than ocd for format sizes, every humanoid book I own feels like good quality. Its one of the only publishers where I dont care about the standard non-oversized format because of the feel and quality. Their smaller books have a good heft and good binding that is sewn, its kind of like a thicker marvel masterworks book. And their oversized books retain the same quality but are of course bigger. Book quality wise I would say they are the among the best, maybe just a notch above dark horse if were talking standard hc vs standard hc, its all about the content if youre getting a humanoids book if youre going to worry.

Same here, I received my copy of black science 2nd printing yesterday and I just could not believe my eyes. The binding is so so tight, it's cracking when I try to see what's happening between pages, the build quality is shoddy at best. I even got wavy pages. I really thought that because of the oversizing they cut corners (no head tail ribbons, glued binding...), but after seeing the pictures of the first printing, I am just furious. I sent an email to Image comics about it (not that it will do anything, but it has a certain cathartic effect)... Such a poor job is inexcusable from a major publisher like Image. Really disappointing.
    To release yourselves from this Web of Wisdom, this knotted Maze of Delirium,
    you must enter the nuclear portals of the Electric Castle!

Would you recommend me some weird like hell, crazy-bat-****, over the top books with ridiculous ideas? The weirder the better.

Also looking for some funny stories which would make me laught. Just realized I haven't read many comic books like that. My sense of humor is specific: I love It's Always Sunny in Phily, Trailer Park Boys, Monthy Python, The Good Soldier Svejk by Jaroslav Hasek - this book is amazing, I was crying reading it - and I also like character you can get attached to, not just talking heads. I'm talking stuff from Terry Moore or Usagi Yojimbo.

Last but not least: crime drama stories. I have Gotham Central, books from Brubaker and Philips - love Criminal one of the best books from Marvel - and some other stuff.

Is there a reading order with Metabarons, The Incal and Final Incal? And is there anything else connected to these as I think it is time to get into humanoids

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Same here, I received my copy of black science 2nd printing yesterday and I just could not believe my eyes. The binding is so so tight, it's cracking when I try to see what's happening between pages, the build quality is shoddy at best. I even got wavy pages. I really thought that because of the oversizing they cut corners (no head tail ribbons, glued binding...), but after seeing the pictures of the first printing, I am just furious. I sent an email to Image comics about it (not that it will do anything, but it has a certain cathartic effect)... Such a poor job is inexcusable from a major publisher like Image. Really disappointing.
    That's some of the problems I had with my copy of the first print. The pages were wavy, bind too tight and cracking. The pages also were all bending in a curve. It was horrible, so I sent it back.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor