Page 265 of 865 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365765 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Thank you! It's great looking book; I have first tpb and it's crazy like cuckoo, kinda liked it, art was awesome, with lots of small details and inside jokes. I'll keep hunting, I do believe there is still a chance to get it for much less than 100 pounds somewhere.
    NP. Tank Girl in general is awesome. This book is great and definitely worth the buy.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    On this page everybody's talking about everything I like, Moore's Swamp Thing, Locke and Key (WE WANT VOLUME FOUR OF THE OVERSIZED SPECIAL EDITION!), Pat Mills, Judge Dredd, what a treat guys!
    About the Locke and Key Master Edition: I am still not sure of the use of the term "oversized" (and it's really confusing for me) whith HC regular edition where the printed main material inside is only very slightly oversized. I mean the special edition of Locke and Key is my default definition of oversized, but I am not sure about the master edition.
    About Charley's War editions I have made a detailed description of all UK and French edition here http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...s-classic.html and there http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2012/1...uk-market.html (individual book files can be reached by clicking on their picture/caption), and also there for the French edition http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2012/1...ch-market.html.
    The Daily Dredd is fully described there (I hope) : http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...ol-1-1981.html

Maybe someone can just ask Joe Hill on twitter? It wouldn't surprise me at all if he responded.

New books I got today...

Fantastic Member

so, September16th was the last day of the Kickstarter campaign for the English edition of the first volume of The Wormworld Saga by the German artist Daniel Lieske. that is the first and so far the only one project i helped kickstart. some of you, especially German-speaking readers, are probably familiar with the subject. i however had known nothing about The Wormworld Saga before i came across that KS project but i was immediately won over by the magical artwork and it was quite affordable, so i didn't hesitate to pledge $25. today the book and the promised goodies (3 postcards, a map, a sticker, a magnetic button, and a bookmark) have finally arrived and they are as beautiful as i hoped. the book is quite small - only 5.91″ x 9.25″ (15 x 23,5cm) - but it works anyway (doesn't mean of course i don't wish it were bigger) if/when the campaign for the second volume starts, i'm definitely in.

more pictures here

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Damn, sucks that Veil isn't oversized. I wasn't expecting it to be, since Dark Horse rarely do OHCs, but I was hoping. Thanks for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    New books I got today...

Could you post more pictures of Veil? It looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    On this page everybody's talking about everything I like, Moore's Swamp Thing, Locke and Key (WE WANT VOLUME FOUR OF THE OVERSIZED SPECIAL EDITION!), Pat Mills, Judge Dredd, what a treat guys!
    About the Locke and Key Master Edition: I am still not sure of the use of the term "oversized" (and it's really confusing for me) whith HC regular edition where the printed main material inside is only very slightly oversized. I mean the special edition of Locke and Key is my default definition of oversized, but I am not sure about the master edition.
    About Charley's War editions I have made a detailed description of all UK and French edition here http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...s-classic.html and there http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2012/1...uk-market.html (individual book files can be reached by clicking on their picture/caption), and also there for the French edition http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2012/1...ch-market.html.
    The Daily Dredd is fully described there (I hope) : http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...ol-1-1981.html
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I think that in North America, any comic book or graphic novel that is larger than a standard American comic would be considered oversized, unless it was originally printed in a larger format. So for example, the graphic novel "Elektra Lives Again" is oversized, even though it was not originally released in a smaller size, meanwhile its reprinting in the "oversized" Elektra Omnibus was actually "undersized" because it was smaller than the original printing.

Now I'm confused...
    OHC is anything that's the size of a DC "deluxe" edition and bigger.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    so, September16th was the last day of the Kickstarter campaign for the English edition of the first volume of The Wormworld Saga by the German artist Daniel Lieske. that is the first and so far the only one project i helped kickstart. some of you, especially German-speaking readers, are probably familiar with the subject. i however had known nothing about The Wormworld Saga before i came across that KS project but i was immediately won over by the magical artwork and it was quite affordable, so i didn't hesitate to pledge $25. today the book and the promised goodies (3 postcards, a map, a sticker, a magnetic button, and a bookmark) have finally arrived and they are as beautiful as i hoped. the book is quite small - only 5.91″ x 9.25″ (15 x 23,5cm) - but it works anyway (doesn't mean of course i don't wish it were bigger) if/when the campaign for the second volume starts, i'm definitely in.

more pictures here
    Whoa! I've never heard of that but that looks fantastic! Have you read yet and how many future volumes are expected?
    Last edited by Gerald Keefer; 01-31-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Whoa! I've never heard of that but that blood fantastic! Have you read yet and how many future volumes are expected?
    i've leafed through it, looks very good.
    it's available freely in different languages - go to wormworldsaga.com. there are six chapters all in all, the seventh is in progress. i don't know how long the author plans it to be, but it seems to be a rather slow process anyway - the first chapter appeared late in 2010. the first volume includes first three chapters.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Thank you for the heads up! I'll definitely be checking it out and that's a beautifully printed book. Nice score

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    OHC is anything that's the size of a DC "deluxe" edition and bigger.

I would say there are two definitions of oversized:

a) A comic that is larger than a standard North American comic,

b) a reprint of a comic that is larger than the format it was originally released in.

So a European bande dessinée originally printed at absolute size, then localized in an English edition the size of a DC deluxe would fit the first definition but not the second.

and let that be the end of it
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-31-2015 at 12:35 PM.

b) a reprint of a comic that is larger than the format it was originally released in.

So a European bande dessinée originally printed at absolute size, then localized in an English edition the size of a DC deluxe would fit the first definition but not the second.

and let that be the end of it

Uh, no. What I said is the general consensus here that pretty much everyone understands. A comic size tpb of Lone Wolf and Cub is not oversized because it the original tpbs were released in digest size.

Unfortunately tone often gets lost in the printed word, so don't take that statement as me being a dick to you.

I think that in North America, any comic book or graphic novel that is larger than a standard American comic would be considered oversized, unless it was originally printed in a larger format. So for example, the graphic novel "Elektra Lives Again" is oversized, even though it was not originally released in a smaller size, meanwhile its reprinting in the "oversized" Elektra Omnibus was actually "undersized" because it was smaller than the original printing.

Now I'm confused...

and let that be the end of it.
    Hey, I am not the only one to be confused

So here's an example of a concensus, as the last LOEG HC being oversized comparing to a regular floppy:

OHC1.jpg
    mmmh, ok not too confusing,

Now let's open this "OHC" to compare the interior art with interior art of the floppy:

OHC2.jpg
    Much more confusing! (believe me, it's the exact same size).

So in light of that example, does the Master edition of Locke and Key will feature oversized art?

And perhaps it would be better if here on this forum we use the word oversized only if the interior art is indeed oversized? What do you think?

It's hard to tell from that small pic but that LOEG book doesn't look oversized.

Looking up the dimensions on Amazon (not very reliable I know) confirms it to be a regular trim book.

New this week:

"Attentäter" (assassin) is the story of Gavrilo Princip, the man who killed the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914, thereby causing the outbreak of the First World War. "Charly 9" is abozt Charles IX of France, under whose reign one of the worst massacres in European history took place, the infamous St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. Both books blew me away - especially the latter whose at first sight weird mixing of comedy (there's even a nod to Morris' Lucky Luke) and serious historical facts (it's a massacre, after all) perfectly underlines the mental instability of said king. Highly recommended (and hopefully picked up soon by an English-language publisher).