Page 326 of 865 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426826 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 12974
    Amazing Member

Based on what they are publishing, I believe that Cinebook are mostly aiming at the same market as Tintin and Asterix - all ages, families and libraries. In fact, some of their work was created by some of the creators of Tintin and Asterix - Blake and Mortimer, Lucky Luke, Iznogoud and Yoko Tsuno. And this strategy seems to be working great for them, as evidenced by the huge number of comics they are publishing.
    Last edited by tanim; 05-08-2015 at 02:41 AM.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

I've been looking forward to reading The Realist. HC looks nice! Have you read yet?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    I've been looking forward to reading The Realist. HC looks nice! Have you read yet?
    Not yet. But the art looks fantastic. Interesting subject matter too. Overall a very nice hardcover.

Spectacular Member

The Realist looks great. Gotta get that one.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest:

been contemplating between 32 stories, and buying just a few separate issues cause quality varies i bit imo, but that's sucha nice set

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    been contemplating between 32 stories, and buying just a few separate issues cause quality varies i bit imo, but that's sucha nice set
    Yeah it's a nice set. I've been looking at it for months - picked it up, carried it around and put it back many times - and finally decided aw, what the heck? It's nice to have the entire collection in this presentation.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    The Realist looks great. Gotta get that one.
    i think everyone should. i'm half way through and really loving it.

Don't know how many of you keep buying Judge Dreed collection from Hachette, I remember balakin got at least first issue, few other members mentioned that too. Reason I'm asking is quite simple: get issue called Shambala, with Judge Anderson stories, just get it. I haven't read something so original and refreshing in a long time, it's very different from fascist-ish, Orwell-ish main Dredd arcs, esotheric, full of compasion - I know, in Mega-City!!! - and understanding for common citizens. Stories are crazy: full of ghosts, astral phenomenons, there is even a Devil himself. Some of them have ideas like from Stanislaw Lem's ( my favourite writer of all time) books, just crazy: few mind melted together in one body, prisoned in gorilla's brain.
    And art by Ranson.....it's sooooo good, rich in details but at the same time toned and muted pallete. I adore, no: I LOVE this art, the way how he draws faces is one of a kind. Buy this book, guys, even if you don't collect Judger Dredd. Shame it's not oversized but it's at least hardcover. Great, great book

BUY IT.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 05-08-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Don't know how many of you keep buying Judger Dreed collection from Hachette, I remember balakin got at least first issue, few other members mentioned that too. Reason I'm asking is quite simple: get issue called Shambala, with Judge Anderson stories, just get it. I haven't read something so original and refreshing in a long time, it's very different from fascist-ish, Orwell-ish main Dredd arcs, esotheric, full of compasion - I know, in Mega-City!!! - and understanding for common citizens. Stories are crazy: full of ghosts, astral phenomenons, there is even a Devil himself. Some of them have ideas like from Stanislaw Lem's ( my favourite writer of all time) books, just crazy: few mind melted together in one body, prisoned in gorilla's brain.
    And art by Ranson.....it's sooooo good, rich in details but at the same time toned and muted pallete. I adore, no: I LOVE this art, the way how he draws faces is one of a kind. Buy this book, guys, even if you don't collect Judger Dredd. Shame it's not oversized but it's at least hardcover. Great, great book

BUY IT.
    I quit after 3 issues. I realised I don't care about this universe at all and the books look ugly on the shelf. Maybe I'm gonna get Shambala at some point, but not in this edition. The lack of text on the spine and the random piece of the full artwork is just killing me.
    I should sell the first 3 issues....

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I quit after 3 issues. I realised I don't care about this universe at all and the books look ugly on the shelf. Maybe I'm gonna get Shambala at some point, but not in this edition. The lack of text on the spine and the random piece of the full artwork is just killing me.
    I should sell the first 3 issues....
    They look nice on shelf, I don't know what you're saying, man.

I've always wanted to get more interested in that universe and Hachette collection is pretty much answer to my prayers. Dredd is awesome, even ifsome stories can't stand that huge gap in time. Would rather get Complete Files from 2000 AD, but you know: no hardcover. 'Is there hardcover version?' kind of thing.

You should get Shambala anyway, it's not super crazy like Morrison's stuff, but still pretty crazy.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 05-08-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    They look nice on shelf, I don't know what you're saying, man.

I've always wanted to get more interested in that universe and Hachette collection is pretty much answer to my prayers. Dredd is awesome, even ifsome stories can't stand that huge gap in time. Would rather get Complete Files from 2000 AD, but you know: no hardcover. 'Is there hardcover version?' kind of thing.

You should get Shambala anyway, it's not super crazy like Morrison's stuff, but still pretty crazy.
    Well, if you only have 3 they don't look too good. And no way I'm gonna buy all 50 or 80 even if I liked the stories. There is just no space for that

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Well, if you only have 3 they don't look too good. And no way I'm gonna buy all 50 or 80 even if I liked the stories. There is just no space for that
    Fair enough, I admit: right now they don't look that good but I'm gonna collect all of them, series has been very good so far and it's great jumping point for new Dredd fans.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I really want those Dredd hc's but they aren't available outside the UK. Really bums me out.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Im still getting them, though im not caught up on reading em. But then ive read most of them before so far anyway. Still havnt read Shamballa though...

New Aama!!! The other two are in Dutch, but Pablo (Picasso) was recently published as a collected edition in English by SelfMadeHero.