Page 688 of 865 FirstFirst ... 188588638678684685686687688689690691692698738788 ... LastLast
Results 10,306 to 10,320 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Accountant View Post
    Does anyone know what's going on with the Conan Omnibus Vol. 2? Dark Horse and mycomicshop say that it will be published in May, IST seems to have no hint of it on their website, they only show vol. 1, but I swear I saw Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 on there previously. Tales of Wonder has it, and says that it ships in 1-3 days, and the SKU starts with DEC16.
    Amazon has them listed for June and August, respectively.

Speaking of, I'd love a Colossal Conan volume 2

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Accountant View Post
    Does anyone know what's going on with the Conan Omnibus Vol. 2? Dark Horse and mycomicshop say that it will be published in May, IST seems to have no hint of it on their website, they only show vol. 1, but I swear I saw Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 on there previously. Tales of Wonder has it, and says that it ships in 1-3 days, and the SKU starts with DEC16.
    How big is this omnibus? Is it small like many DH omnibuses or big?

Quote Originally Posted by tanim View Post
    How big is this omnibus? Is it small like many DH omnibuses or big?
    TPB format, but much more chunky.

Fantastic Member

So I've been noticing more and more on Amazon.ca that they seem to not be showing the retail price and percentage off they are giving with books. Not all books, but I'm noticing it with more and more of them...

Like this:
    https://www.amazon.ca/Velvet-Deluxe-...f_rd_i=desktop

anyone else noticed this trend?

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    So I've been noticing more and more on Amazon.ca that they seem to not be showing the retail price and percentage off they are giving with books. Not all books, but I'm noticing it with more and more of them...

Like this:
    https://www.amazon.ca/Velvet-Deluxe-...f_rd_i=desktop

anyone else noticed this trend?
    Yes, I have as well.

Here's an article about it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/04/b...st-prices.html

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Yes, I have as well.

Here's an article about it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/04/b...st-prices.html
    hmmmmmm, very interesting. I thought something was up! However, I don't know if the concerns expressed in the article really apply to books. I mean in the case of books, the list price is actually printed on the cover of the book - and is generally actually the price you pay if you go into a brick and mortar and buy the book. If I go to my local Chapters book store here in Winnipeg and pick up a copy of Velvet, it's likely I'll be paying the $54 cover price. I still look at that msrp as a meaningful thing with books. I mean to be able to have Velvet delivered to my door for 15% less than cover price is a decent deal to me...not to mention that I usually wait for a separate Amazon or Indigo sale (usually a further 8-15% discount) before placing an order. I'm not sure I see how showing that initial discount off the cover price is a bad thing for Amazon (in the case of books that is).
    Last edited by zevious zoquis; 04-26-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Really hoping they delve into more modern artists like Lee, McFarlane, and Keown for the Artist Edition, Artist Select, etc. series.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RememberCaseyJones View Post
    Really hoping they delve into more modern artists like Lee, McFarlane, and Keown for the Artist Edition, Artist Select, etc. series.
    My understanding is that older artists had a habit of either keeping their artwork around or selling it off in chunks to individual collectors at cons and such (usually for the kind of low prices that would blow your mind these days). Meanwhile modern artists sell off individual pages to different collectors for sometimes thousands of dollars at a time. Which makes it all much much harder for someone like IDW to get all the original art for a book together in one place in order to get the high quality scans necessary for the Artist Editions.

I know for example the only reason we have he Hellboy in Hell AE is because Mignola had all the artwork scanned before he sold it off to a collector.

Does IDW have to get the rights from Marvel to do the Artist Editions with Marvel content?

Quote Originally Posted by RememberCaseyJones View Post
    You do know there's a Spawn "AE" from Image out this week? It's called the "Spawn Vault Edition":

SPAWN VAULT ED HC
    IMAGE COMICS
    (W/A/CA) Todd McFarlane
    In celebration of the 25th anniversary of SPAWN, Todd McFarlane has opened his personal vault and is collecting the first seven issues of SPAWN in their original artboard form.

Included in this SPAWN VAULT EDITION Artboard Book:
    • Never-before-published original art boards
    • New oversized (12.25″x 17.25″) hardcover book
    • Included in this special edition, are a few extra surprises from TODD.
    • Randomly selected books will be inserted with a one-of-a-kind sketch by TODD McFARLANE.

$175

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    You do know there's a Spawn "AE" from Image out this week? It's called the "Spawn Vault Edition":

SPAWN VAULT ED HC
    IMAGE COMICS
    (W/A/CA) Todd McFarlane
    In celebration of the 25th anniversary of SPAWN, Todd McFarlane has opened his personal vault and is collecting the first seven issues of SPAWN in their original artboard form.

• Randomly selected books will be inserted with a one-of-a-kind sketch by TODD McFARLANE.

$175
    My excitement for that is tempered because we don't know if it's an isolated solicit. Will there be more Image Artist Editions and more modern Artist Editions in general? We don't know.

Amazing Member

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    Descender deluxe is the highlight of this list. I've been holding out for that, absolutely stoked

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    Paper Girls v1
    Descender v1
    Black Science v2
    Sunstone v2
    Walking Dead Omni v7

Are the new HCs for those who dont care to scroll

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

SPAWN VAULT ED HC
    IMAGE COMICS
    (W/A/CA) Todd McFarlane

$175
    I mentioned this when solicited but no one seemed to care. McFarlane owns most of his original art, so it's nice to get some of it out there in original format, and a decent run to boot