Page 599 of 865 FirstFirst ... 99499549589595596597598599600601602603609649699 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I enjoyed the first volume of The Demon alright, but the second one somewhat less. Overall I expected much, much more from this. Even though Tommy Monaghan appears in this, it's nowhere near as good as Ennis' Hitman series.

Buz Sawyer is great. If you like Steve Canyon, you'll enjoy this. Same goes for Johnny Hazard, if you can find it for a decent price.
    Cheers! I think I saw Johnny Hazard on amazon it for a reasonable price. How is the book quality? (it's Hermes Press if I remember correctly).
    Started reading Steve Canyon with volume 2 or 4 but I was like 2 pages in and had no idea what's going on so decided I will get back to it later. Seemed like I need the previous volume(s) to get the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've read the first volume, it was a bit hard to get into it for me, bit too crazy whacky, both story and art but you would probably like it more than me (got vol2 though cause it was good over all and it got even better as it went on).
    Have to confess though, based on this I don't really get the love for Hitman.

Great find with Annihilator btw. I liked the book but felt like Morrison just rehashed some of his old ideas. Nameless felt more original (but harder to decipher).

Also, great haul LordJ, as usual it gives me some ideas. Namely to finally start reading Dick Tracy since I have 2 volumes already. Also interested in your opinion about Buzz sawyer. I liked Captain Easy and this seems a bit more serious than that which I prefer. (and last time I checked the first 2 volumes weren't that expensive).
    Crazy whacky like, let's say. Lobo by Bisley?! Count me in! I love crazy stuff from 2000 AD, would like to read more books like that.

Last time I've been at Gosh they had at least 10 of those books, but I just didn't have a choice, had to get it even it was 18 quid, could have bought for 9 online but no print. Nameless in on my list, maybe in 2037...

Going to Poland in next 2 weeks, there is hugeeeee haul waiting for me there, I don't even know how'd I get quarter of if to UK.

Oh, and found 100 Bullets vol 1 for 12 quid. Another series to collect. Like I need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Started reading Steve Canyon with volume 2 or 4 but I was like 2 pages in and had no idea what's going on so decided I will get back to it later. Seemed like I need the previous volume(s) to get the story.
    Nah. You'll be fine beginning with that volume. I also started both SC and TatP with a later volume. After five or six pages it was no problem at all. Remember that these used to run in daily chunks over years and so new readers had to be able to jump on board after a few days.

Btw, spent the last week in Edinburgh. Quite chuffed at first that Forbidden Planet was just a couple hundred yards away from our hotel. But I was disappointed with the selection. Nowhere near as good as that in London. (Awesome city, though, and great people, the Scottish. I guess since you live in Dundee you might have been to Edinburgh at some point?)
    Last edited by LordJulius; 09-03-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Crazy whacky like, let's say. Lobo by Bisley?!
    Kinda, yeah. IIRC there's even a short story drwan by Bisley in the annual reprinted in volume 1.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Nah. You'll be fine beginning with that volume. I also started both SC and TatP with a later volume. After five or six pages it was no problem at all. Remember that these used to run in daily chunks over years and so new readers had to be able to jump on board after a few days.

Btw, spent the last week in Edinburgh. Quite chuffed at first that Forbidden Planet was just a couple hundred yards away from our hotel. But I was disappointed with the selection. Nowhere near as good as that in London. (Awesome city, though, and great people, the Scottish. I guess since you live in Dundee you might have been to Edinburgh at some point?)
    that puts my mind to ease because I really like the art but was afraid that I have to go back to the beginning and wasn't sure if I wan't to commit myself to that right now (since I'm already committed to a few other series) .

Weirdly, I've never been to Edinburgh or anywhere else really, mostly because I'm single and have no one to go on a trip with. Most of my friends have families or significant others so they go with them. But I will definitely go one day (love the Scottish and Scotland as well and want to see more of it).

What are the chances that the Marvel Knights Punisher Omni by ennis will get a reprint?

On vacation this weekend and stopped by a few of the comic shops close by. Ended up picking up the Lost Girls hardcover and the Rachel Rising hardcover too. 10% off list price. Not bad for harder to find books

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    On vacation this weekend and stopped by a few of the comic shops close by. Ended up picking up the Lost Girls hardcover and the Rachel Rising hardcover too. 10% off list price. Not bad for harder to find books
    Terry Moore was at Baltimore Comic-Con this weekend and he had copies of the Rachel Rising HC (the regular edition) and the SC. I picked up a copy of the Echo SC, which he generously offered to sign for me. Unfortunately, the Echo HC seems to be long sold out.

Mighty Member

If i remember correctly echo was originally advertised as being only ~800 copies and to not be reprinted. I've never really understood the logic behind this, if there's demand. He does seem to keep the sc in print.

For those interested, Rachel Rising HC omnibus is back in stock right now over on Cheap Graphic Novels

Rachel Rising and Atomic Robo Hardcovers.

The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

People won't quit talking about this Rachel Rising omnibus. Is it that good? Anything to compare it to? I'm oblivious to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Rachel Rising and Atomic Robo Hardcovers.

Atomic Robo has hardcovers? When did this happen? I've only ever seen the tpbs. When they Kickstarted the field guide I asked if they would ever do a hardcover Atomic Robo release and I got a "keep an eye out" sort of response but never saw anything materialize.
    Last edited by Captain Planet; 09-05-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Wernt the HCs KS exclusive?