Page 533 of 865 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583633 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    adding to the vertigo converstaion: House of secrets? I'm eyeing the omni for ages, donno why I didn't pull the trigger yet. Although IZombie is tempting as well.
    Nice setting and atmosphere, the artwork is great, i could do without a few stories thou.

And here is MartinNL old post about Omni

http://community.comicbookresources....ll=1#post17324
    Last edited by maeda; 03-03-2016 at 04:23 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    adding to the vertigo converstaion: House of secrets? I'm eyeing the omni for ages, donno why I didn't pull the trigger yet. Although IZombie is tempting as well.
    I enjoyed the main plot thread of House of Secrets but felt that it got distracted with "filler" issues way too often and they didn't add enough to justify the deviation from the main story.

Also unless there's been a new printing that book is by far the tightest binding dc have ever put out for an omnibus.

Incredible Member

iZombie was the best blind buy I've ever bought. It was a real gem of a book. Loved it. Devoured the omnibus in a matter of days. It's just a lot of fun. Only reason I didn't finish it sooner was because I have a wife and kid and apparently you're supposed to pay attention to them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Our tastes mesh at some points but I found house of secrets to be a bit tedious and ended up selling it after the old 'will I ever read this again' clear out, as for izombie, I have it but haven't read it yet but artwork looks fantastic
    Would definitely second that comment!

I don't have many books I'd like to sell but HoS would definitely be one of them. It wasn't bad, far from it, but I don't that I probably won't ever pick that book up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Would definitely second that comment!

I don't have many books I'd like to sell but HoS would definitely be one of them. It wasn't bad, far from it, but I don't that I probably won't ever pick that book up.
    I love it when somebody agrees with me now if only I can find someone to agree that Moebius ain't all that, I'll be quite happy ��

I love it when somebody agrees with me now if only I can find someone to agree that Moebius ain't all that, I'll be quite happy ��

Incredible Member

Maybe not moebius as I've not read enough to form an opinion but I'll see if I can distract some of the mob from you by saying I've never understood the level of praise Quietly seems to get, his faces are weird, the cheap looking digital shading techniques and the lack of backgrounds in alot of his work (especially ASS) I've always found very distracting. If his work wasn't paired with morrisons writing I wouldn't go out of my way to pick it up.

oh my, next thing somebody will ask me to agree with him that earth is flat!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Maybe not moebius as I've not read enough to form an opinion but I'll see if I can distract some of the mob from you by saying I've never understood the level of praise Quietly seems to get, his faces are weird, the cheap looking digital shading techniques and the lack of backgrounds in alot of his work (especially ASS) I've always found very distracting. If his work wasn't paired with morrisons writing I wouldn't go out of my way to pick it up.
    I agree with this. I also never understood the appeal of Allred. And Paul Pope for that matter.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Spectacular Member

now if only I can find someone to agree that Moebius ain't all that, I'll be quite happy ��
    I can't follow you there, that would be crazy!

What is there to know about Usagi Yojimbo? Sitting here listening to the audio commentary for a fistful of dollars and guy is on about it being based on a Kurosawa movie (which I kinda knew about but wasn't sure of which film) so he mentioned Yojimbo and I remember talk on here about Usagi Yojimbo, so looking it up (Rabbit Bodyguard) it seems like something I may be interested in trying out.

Now there seems to be a very expensive fantagraph slipcase, and then it gets picked up by Dark Horse, so questions, is it good? Or do you have to have a love for old, highbrow comics? As the only thing that I could class as highbrow which I have read was cerebus, which I enjoyed up until just after church and state when I thought it disappeared up it's own arse.

And how do you collect it? Are the DH books LE sized? And do you need the fantagraph slipcase or has DH reprinted it?
    Usagi is awesome. If you spend so much money on books why don't you get that expensive slipcase edition from FG, I know I would straight away. If I had a choince to get any other book - except Punisher omni and Boys vol 3 - and this slipcase, I would get slipcase. I have 3 HC's from DH, stuff's brilliant, specially if you a fan of japanese culture.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Usagi is awesome. If you spend so much money on books why don't you get that expensive slipcase edition from FG, I know I would straight away. If I had a choince to get any other book - except Punisher omni and Boys vol 3 - and this slipcase, I would get slipcase. I have 3 HC's from DH, stuff's brilliant, specially if you a fan of japanese culture.
    I have ordered the fantagraph trade slipcase to see if I like it, if I do I may track down the HC slipcase, but the first DH sage HC also costs a fortune, so I'm kinda hoping I don't like it, as it will save me some money.

I have ordered the fantagraph trade slipcase to see if I like it, if I do I may track down the HC slipcase, but the first DH sage HC also costs a fortune, so I'm kinda hoping I don't like it, as it will save me some money.
    That won't happen if your taste is good.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    That won't happen if your taste is good.
    It's hard not to seem like we are over selling it. I remember being a bit dubious when people were heaping praise on it thinking how can a cartoon rabbit be that interesting. I'm still waiting for the slipcase to come through and I'm going to read the whole thing straight through all of the saga volumes.

Spoilers?

I was reading about Stan Sakai saying he regrets using a human as the bad guy in the first story. From what I've read about the series I understand why he thinks that, it affects the totem aspect that the whole book is. Can't wait to read it.