Page 478 of 865 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    What is the red book in the lower left of the picture? I have also been curious with the barbarella book.
    It's Sixth Gun Gunslinger Edition vol 3, limited to 500 copies.

Getting Barbarella was a no brainer for me on FP sale. Been on my wishlist for too long.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    My haul for December. Sandman Gallery is so big I don't even....

Satellite Sam was a big disappointment: art is good, but I didn't care about characters and story, just to many things have been thrown together.

Blue Estate is meh: very cliche, although art is decent.

Alias was great, not on the same level with Punisher Max - but what is really - but it was different approach to Marvel and all it's super hero crap. Would recommend. And believe me I try not to buy Marvel books.

One more Thorgal, some day will collect them all and would be as cool as Martin.

Decent Dredd books, specially Trifecta.

One softcover: I was sure I was buying HC, guess I was wrong. Oh well.

4th volume of Swamp Thing is next on my reading list, need only vol 6 now and I'm pretty sure seconds after I got it omnibus would be announced. I don't mind really, I don't even plan to upgrade Gotham Central, I guess I prefer smaller books now, not those chunky ones which are impossible to read in public transport/work.

Have you read Sleeper and Animal Man yet? Two of my favorite omni's in my possession.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Have you read Sleeper and Animal Man yet? Two of my favorite omni's in my possession.
    Not yet mate. Been working like crazy in last few weeks, started new job, got a contract two days ago...

Anyway, Sleeper is a bit too big for my public transport/work readings but I'd do my best. Alias has a great size, read whole thing this week. That's why I'm not a fan of those big books collecting up to 50 issues. I'm not sue about Animal Man, Morrison is hit and miss for me, it was a blind buy on FP sale.

My haul for December. Sandman Gallery is so big I don't even....

Satellite Sam was a big disappointment: art is good, but I didn't care about characters and story, just to many things have been thrown together.

Blue Estate is meh: very cliche, although art is decent.

Alias was great, not on the same level with Punisher Max - but what is really - but it was different approach to Marvel and all it's super hero crap. Would recommend. And believe me I try not to buy Marvel books.

One more Thorgal, some day will collect them all and would be as cool as Martin.

Decent Dredd books, specially Trifecta.

One softcover: I was sure I was buying HC, guess I was wrong. Oh well.

4th volume of Swamp Thing is next on my reading list, need only vol 6 now and I'm pretty sure seconds after I got it omnibus would be announced. I don't mind really, I don't even plan to upgrade Gotham Central, I guess I prefer smaller books now, not those chunky ones which are impossible to read in public transport/work.

Is that the hardcover Swamp thing? If so, where'd you get it?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Not yet mate. Been working like crazy in last few weeks, started new job, got a contract two days ago...

Anyway, Sleeper is a bit too big for my public transport/work readings but I'd do my best. Alias has a great size, read whole thing this week. That's why I'm not a fan of those big books collecting up to 50 issues. I'm not sue about Animal Man, Morrison is hit and miss for me, it was a blind buy on FP sale.
    Good going man! I've been reading a lot less lately as well, way to busy with the holidays and such.

Animal Man is one of Morrison's most accessible works. I liked it way before I warmed up to his other works (which I now love). And Sleeper is just brilliant suspense. It constantly keeps you at the edge of your seat. Enjoy the following days
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Awesome haul, Ivizzz. Enjoy Sandman. Such a beautiful book.

Just finished Black Science Premiere. Man. What a rollercoaster ride. Not sure if I it was as good as Fear Agent or even better. So many twists, and you never know who to root for. Damn. I need more!

Absolute-sized is exactly right for Scalera's art, btw. I now hope we'll get a collection of Low at the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Is that the hardcover Swamp thing? If so, where'd you get it?
    Yeah, it's vol 4. Found it for good price on Alibris, used some voucher code. If you look hard enought you should be able to get it for 30 quid in very good condition.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 12-25-2015 at 05:24 PM.

Yeah, it's vol 4. Found it for good price on Alibris, used some voucher code. If you look hard enought you should be able to get intfor 30 quid in very good condition.
    Are they all going for a good price?

Yeah, it's vol 4. Found it for good price on Alibris, used some voucher code. If you look hard enought you should be able to get intfor 30 quid in very good condition.
    Hm nice. And how is Batgirl by Gail Simone? A good start for the nu52?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Are they all going for a good price?
    Nope, only some of them, vol 4 and 6 are OOP.

Suprisingly good. I'd say buy first volume, it's not as good as Court of Owls but very enjoyable anyways. Didn't have any expectations when I bought first volume and it's funny book, I like characters, I know why they do something when they do it, art is cool.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 12-25-2015 at 05:31 PM.

I am looking for Steve Ditko collections.
    I was wondering if the Fantagraphics books would be the best collections to get, or if there were other HC Ditko collections you all would recommend instead?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Incredible Member

We Stand on Guard has a Deluxe Edition coming out!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/163215...I2DKFROVMHDSCT

I've heard that it sometimes went a little overboard on the gore and Barbara getting over what happened in the Killing Joke, and kinda wallowing in that darkness, but that as far as Gail Simone work is concerned it was decent.

You're more likely to have someone recommend the run past hers though.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, it's vol 4. Found it for good price on Alibris, used some voucher code. If you look hard enought you should be able to get it for 30 quid in very good condition.
    I just know the second I do that the Omnibus will be announced. But I've been waiting for that for years already, I'm tempted to get the trades as I really dislike the smaller DC hardcovers.