Page 636 of 865 FirstFirst ... 136536586626632633634635636637638639640646686736 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 12974
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Edelweiss catalogs for IDW and Dark Horse are up.

IDW: http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=4057692

looks like were getting an AE style edition of the original TMNT first issue. and the Yoe books are always so very very tempting, great build and reproduction quality in those books for an incredibly low price.

Dark Horse: http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=4057695

Goon 5 and the Usagi spinoff volume both in there. The Guild gets the Libray edition treatment but I've no real interest in that.
    Well those were disappointing. Most of the notables had been fished already. Kinda glad, there's a lot from image/dc/marvel on the horizon anyways

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Seems you won't have the end of the story for the first arc of Last Man (6 books per arc). It is a very, very good French manga.
    It's on it's way

Amazing Member

Was expecting to see more Transformers IDW, Gi Joe IDW and TMNT IDW Hardcovers.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

Does anybody know of a better way to read old Detective Comics than the Batman Archives? They only go up to #170 for some reason :/

Also, my recent yield Not everything is included as they are boxed!

“We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evilomar View Post
    Was expecting to see more Transformers IDW, Gi Joe IDW and TMNT IDW Hardcovers.
    Same here.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

[QUOTE=Enigma;2448684]Does anybody know of a better way to read old Detective Comics than the Batman Archives? They only go up to #170 for some reason :/

Define 'old'. DC are reprinting all of the Golden Age Batman stories from the beginning in both Omnibus and paperback format:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_ad...oks-Submit.y=9

One issue left in the first Plague Of Frogs book. Once the decent (one or two really good) single stories ended it got so much better. Those single stories work a lot better with Hellboy because you know there's more going on with him and things slowly unfold. I think the first BPRD volume shows that a 'team' book needs a solid direction. Can't wait to get the rest now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    One issue left in the first Plague Of Frogs book. Once the decent (one or two really good) single stories ended it got so much better. Those single stories work a lot better with Hellboy because you know there's more going on with him and things slowly unfold. I think the first BPRD volume shows that a 'team' book needs a solid direction. Can't wait to get the rest now.
    The first book collects a hodge podge of things. It's kinda obvious they didn't really know where to go , but they quickly found their footing and it gets SO GOOD later.

Really hoping for some Hell On Earth collections soon now that that arc is done

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    This is why i never really got into hellboy. Read the first 3 trades (enjoyed the first), and it always just seemed like him meandering around at different points in life. Tried again when in hell came out. Just meh. But this is why BPRD always intrigued me. Too bad the HCs for POF will never be back in print

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    This is why i never really got into hellboy. Read the first 3 trades (enjoyed the first), and it always just seemed like him meandering around at different points in life. Tried again when in hell came out. Just meh. But this is why BPRD always intrigued me. Too bad the HCs for POF will never be back in print
    I found Hellboy to be a bit like a long running TV show. There'd be random single story episodes then occasionally the main plot would kick in before disappearing again. I love what I've read of Hellboy though.

I just went for the paperback version of BPRD. I'm not bothered enough about having everything HC to pay big prices.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Dude...you tried to read In Hell without really reading anything in between the first few trades? No wonder you didn't like it.

But you can buy BPRD PoF in thick tpbs. The hardcovers are standard size anyway

I really dig Hellboy. Just some fun stories based in old school mythology.

But a lot of how some of you feel about Hellboy is how I feel about Elephantmen. It just seems like the stories progress one foot up and then two feet back.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    My recent haul, I went to a comicon and got a nice dedi by Kerascoet in my (Dutch) copy of Beautyfull Darkness:
    Hi,
    can you tell about this Franka series? I've seen it in Brussels Comics Festival (been there 2015 and 2016), and, as I like atom style, it looks like I could have one of the albums in my collection...
    (I'm in/from Estonia, btw.)

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I really dig Hellboy. Just some fun stories based in old school mythology.

But a lot of how some of you feel about Hellboy is how I feel about Elephantmen. It just seems like the stories progress one foot up and then two feet back.
    I kinda look at both characters/series more as vehicles to tell certain stories, sort of like an anthology but with a focused character(s), as opposed to a linear/overall story

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I kinda look at both characters/series more as vehicles to tell certain stories, sort of like an anthology but with a focused character(s), as opposed to a linear/overall story
    Yeah, I agree. The Goon is like that as well although there might be an end (I haven't gotten that far in the LE's).